Andy Driver

Big Bruno

What are your thoughts on Driver starting the last two games?

For me he just doesn't look ready, he looks like he's blowing out his a*se and struggles to play a simple pass at times. We all know how good he is at his best (I know we've not seen it for a long time) but giving him a start just now isn't doing him justice.

Johanes de Silentio

I remember a Hibs manager (I think it was John Colins?) saying of Michael Stewart, when he had just joined them a few years ago, that he was determined to give him an extended run to get him up to full fitness.

I can only imagine that this is the case with Paulo Sergio and Driver...

unless anyone knows any different.

I think forcing him to play is a refreshing change to the kid gloves approach we seem to have favoured over the past 2 years. He wouldn't be on the park if the backroom thought he wasn't up to it. I think players who are out for so long risk becoming almost institutionalised into the 'not fit enough' mentality. I hope Andy gets a good run, he'll only get better. One of my favourite players.

Jambof3tornado

He can only get match fit by...........................yup playing matches.

Due to the arseholes that run our game doing away with the reserve league the only way for Andy D to recapture his form is to play competitive games.

The end.

I think forcing him to play is a refreshing change to the kid gloves approach we seem to have favoured over the past 2 years. He wouldn't be on the park if the backroom thought he wasn't up to it. I think players who are out for so long risk becoming almost institutionalised into the 'not fit enough' mentality. I hope Andy gets a good run, he'll only get better. One of my favourite players.

Excellent post.

On a more lighthearted note does this make Andy Webster institutionally injured ?

Radioactive Mince

I'm delighted that he hasn't pulled up injured yet. Give him games now and at the business end of the season (hate that phrase) he can hopefully make a difference. We've started seasons badly before - last season for example - and hit a strong run in the middle-end.

I know he'll come good if he can keep off the treatment table.

Excellent post.

On a more lighthearted note does this make Andy Webster institutionally injured ?

I remember an interview with Peter Houston who said that Webster would refuse to play through even the slightest twinge and how frustrating it was.

superhearts

Take the pain. He needs games, give him games.

He class as opposed to the rest of the limited squad in respect to creating chances and scoring so soon.

We have to play him to regain fitness etc

still the best,most naturally gifted player we have on the books. probably a good idea to get him match fit during the first few weeks of his reign when results don't matter quite as much,try this approach in 4-5 weeks time when he has evaluated his whole squad and he would get ripped

Obviously Andy doesn't look anywhere near his best but give him time and he will hopefully return back to his best. He needs games after being sidelined for a very long time and once match-fit, he will do what he always does best and that is rip the oposition to shreds.

Jambof3tornado

still the best,most naturally gifted player we have on the books. probably a good idea to get him match fit during the first few weeks of his reign when results don't matter quite as much,try this approach in 4-5 weeks time when he has evaluated his whole squad and he would get ripped

Disagree with this. In my opinion Ardy is the best footballer we have from a technical point of view.

Disagree with this. In my opinion Ardy is the best footballer we have from a technical point of view.

having the benefit of a season ticket i have to say that Andy Driver on top form is the one player of real quality we have....with the benefit of a season ticket i have not seen enough of Novikovas to form an opinion. i think he is technically very good but at his age Driver was tearing up the SPL

Diadora Van Basten

Looks better than he did last season but obviously still not fit. I think we are rushing him and would wait until he is fully fit before playing him.

Looks better than he did last season but obviously still not fit. I think we are rushing him and would wait until he is fully fit before playing him.

And how does he get fully fit without playing him?

Archived