Here's our problem

Ricknauskis

Ricknauskis

Does anyone know when these players will be fit, never mind up to full speed

Webster

Obua

Taouil

Kyle

Driver (weeks away from being match fit)

Clum

Suso

Glen

Elliott

Hope I've not missed anyone, I would say at least 5 of these players would be 1st choice in most SPL teams

Webster

Obua

Taouil

Kyle

Clum

Suso

Glen

Elliott

Hope I've not missed anyone, I would say at least 5 of these players would be 1st choice in most SPL teams

5 is a bit much

I think you might just have some thing there.

bar 2 of the names mentioned by the OP, maybe.

superhearts

Webster

Obua

Taouil

Kyle

Clum

Suso

Glen

Elliott

I would like to know what is wrong with Webster and Suso in respect to injury.

I would like to know what is wrong with Webster and Suso in respect to injury.

I'd like to know about suso. I believe Peter Houston regarding Webster.

h-e-a-r-t-s

This is a big part of the problem, but we're also 2 high class players away from creating a gap between us and other 3rd force pretenders. I'd argue you missed Skacel from that list too, in the same boat as driver IMO.

CavySlaveJambo

Drivers issue is the lack of a reserve league. He has been out for a while from rushing back last time injured. He has to play in the 1st team to get match fitness.

Never known so many injuries like nowadays. In the 80's we had a team known as Dad's Army, a lot over 30 and rarely missed games. It's been worse since Riccarton. Bad injuries fair enough but a lot of players are wimps and pussys these days and just like the money they earn.

Pity Glen is injured. He's never had a run in the team and quite frankly he'd walk into it right now.

Pity Glen is injured. He's never had a run in the team and quite frankly he'd walk into it right now.

Aye, him anaw! Young lad that rarely plays cos he's....injured!, last season he looked like a player at the end of his career rather than one at the start. 1st Division standard anyway IMO like Mole and C.Elliot

Libertonian_II

Maybe we'll have a different training regime from now on, hopefully :sweat: It doesn't help our case much when we seem to sign crocks as a matter of course, like Webster, Kyle and Taouil

Elliot and Glen wouldn't make any difference what so ever and Obua isn't exactly an automatic first team choice.

As for Suso, I'm not sure what the problem is but we could do with his presence on the pitch or bench

JamboAberdeen

We've suffered from strings of injury record, mysterious injury, recurrence of old wound, Vlad flu etc...

I wonder what wrong in our club, incompetence of physio, over-training, or problem in rehab?

Especially KK and Webster's cases are bitter one.

How did those players with horrendous injury record manage to pass medical before signing?

This is something Vlad has to address quickly, as nearly one third of our 1st team was totally under-utilised.

tommythejambo

I want to know who the medical staff at Hearts are. Surely It's their job to prevent injuries.

One or two can be forgiven, but this takes the biscuit.

I dont think Glen can be compared to Mole or Elliot just yet as he is the only 1 out of the 3 that has never had a run if games in the side.

As an aside, the lack if a reserve league is really hampering the development of these lads. Absolutely shocking that we do not have reserve team football in this country. If the league aren't going to organise something maybe teams like Hearts/Rangers/Celtic/Hibs/Utd should get together and get some form of reserve team competition started themselves.

Webster

Obua

Taouil

Kyle

Clum

Suso

Glen

Elliott

I would add Mr Prychynenko who is rumoured to be in the fist team this year.

Ricknauskis

I would add Mr Prychynenko who is rumoured to be in the fist team this year.

Didnt think Denis was injured, Is he ? I must admit I wonder why he wasnt on the park playing. Every time Ive watched him for the 19's he has always been a stand out ditto Holt. These guys can pass the ball and are full of running, get them in Sergio.

When will we have a season where we arent decimated by injuries to key players???

When I finish work on my army of invincible, indestrucable robojambos. They're certain to lead Hearts to the SPL and then onto Champions league glory

2788023070_ebb621e89c.jpg

Warning slight risk of humanity being enslaved

Didnt think Denis was injured, Is he ? I must admit I wonder why he wasnt on the park playing. Every time Ive watched him for the 19's he has always been a stand out ditto Holt. These guys can pass the ball and are full of running, get them in Sergio.

Aye, missed preseason due to injury mate. Managed a couple of friendly games but is a week or so away from being fit enough for the 1st team. Be interesting when he's match fit how involved he is.

Our injuries are a massive concern. I don't think anyone is to blame. If players are injured they're injured. We get injuries in games and at training and all types of injury so I don't think the surface can be blamed. It has cursed us over the tenure of a more than a couple of managers and sets of coaching staff too, so practices like poor warmups seem unlikely to be at the heart of it.

It's just bad luck.

If we can get to a reasonable level (a player or two injured at any one time, like most clubs), we've got a good, deep squad and should do well.

Nookie Bear

I dont think Glen can be compared to Mole or Elliot just yet as he is the only 1 out of the 3 that has never had a run if games in the side.

As an aside, the lack if a reserve league is really hampering the development of these lads. Absolutely shocking that we do not have reserve team football in this country. If the league aren't going to organise something maybe teams like Hearts/Rangers/Celtic/Hibs/Utd should get together and get some form of reserve team competition started themselves.

Been thinking that myself - not sure how the SFA would view it but bounce matches happen all the time so why not set up a small league to give it a competitive element?

menstrie1874

Webster

Obua

Taouil

Kyle

Clum

Suso

Glen

Elliott

Does anybody know who are our physios? it seems to me that as soon as one player is back he breaks down again as something elses has gone unnoticed. Always seems to be the same players aswell

Our physio is apparently a bit too much of a light touch. The likes of Alan Rae and physios in general in football were not to be messed with and held real authority over players. Our physio is a younger guy and is very pally with the lads. Think he's well qualified, but he's likely to diagnose something and tell a player to rest up rather than kicking their arse and telling them to get on with it.

I don't think he's the cause at all of what are real injuries but he maybe needs to pamper the players a bit less and generally toughen up.

This info is a bit second hand but it's what I've heard. As I say, he isn't the problem and this is a bit unrelated to the number of injuries. He just needs to kick more people out of his office who have niggles.

Webster

Obua

Taouil

Kyle

Clum

Suso

Glen

Elliott

I'd guess we have at least two separate issues here.One is to do with the players we sign and one is to do with youth players coming through from the ranks.

Despite a lot of the criticism levelled at our last two managers, we as a a club have actually promoted a lot of young players since Burley arrived. Berra, Wallace, Elliot, Driver, Mole, Glen, Robinson, the Thomsons, Jonnson, Templeton, McGowan and probably a couple more who I have missed out.

Most clubs will take on many more youth players than will actually ever play for the first team. Some won't make the cut due to lack of talent or application. Others will not be able to stand up to the physical demands of training everyday and playing matches twice a week. At most teams these players will fade away before reaching the first team. I think at Hearts we have promoted so many young players that this weeding out process is being done in public whilst in the first team squad. The trend in football generally has been to focus on younger and younger players. You rarely used to see a first choice centre half who was under twenty five for example. Now this is beginning to be more common. Players used to break into the top team between 21-24 and now players are pushed through at 17-19. I guess it is about getting maximum transfer value on the basis of 'potential'. At Hearts I think succession managers have promoted young players as a means to make changes to the playing squad out with transfer windows. Therefore we have seen a lot of players come through the ranks only to find out they were not quite good enough or couldn't handle the physical strains of being a pro. Playing too much football before being fully developed may also be a factor for these guys.

With the players we have brought in it is obviously a different story. I think we have two different categories again. One set is the likes of Webster and Kyle. These are players who, if they did not have any issues - fitness or otherwise, would not be playing at Hearts. Their signings represent a gamble by the management. If they stay fit and focused we have got a bargain. A better player than we would normally get for less than the going rate. If we can get them to function then our risk has paid off. If not, then they are an expensive mistake (Pinigol). I guess Rudi could be added to this category as well. It is easy to say we should not be signing players like this but if Rudi, Webster and Kyle were to manage 20 games together this season...

I think the last lot of players are just random injuries. Every club gets them. Maybe training indoors on an artificial pitch contributes. Maybe it doesn't. I'm guessing that the astro is more cushioned from the concrete underneath than the world of football. At least it is flat though. You can catch studs as easily on uneven ground outside.

maroonshrew

Oh god not this. He wouldnt walk into any team and certainly not ours. He's never had an extended run in the team cos he hasnt been good enough to have one. He's a lazy lazy player who lives off being a local lad who scored against Hibs.

Suso and Kyle would make a huge difference to the side right now.

maroonshrew

5 is a bit much

He isnt far off. Elliott, Suso, Kyle, Driver and Webster would start for every team outside the OF I think. Some of the others would too.

Our physio is apparently a bit too much of a light touch. The likes of Alan Rae and physios in general in football were not to be messed with and held real authority over players. Our physio is a younger guy and is very pally with the lads. Think he's well qualified, but he's likely to diagnose something and tell a player to rest up rather than kicking their arse and telling them to get on with it.

I don't think he's the cause at all of what are real injuries but he maybe needs to pamper the players a bit less and generally toughen up.

This info is a bit second hand but it's what I've heard. As I say, he isn't the problem and this is a bit unrelated to the number of injuries. He just needs to kick more people out of his office who have niggles.

Kicking the arses of players with minor injuries can be a great way to produce a "real injury".

Arguably physios letting players play when they really shouldn't are the soft touches who lack authourity

There's a difficulty here. If you're not willing to play players who have minor problems then you're going to have several short term absences. If you are willing to play players with minor problems then you're more likely to have long term absences.

AC Milan's physios are arguably the state of the art and they'll sometimes take players out on suspicion that they're likely to get injured even if they're not reporting any symptoms yet. Their physios have allowed them to extend the playing careers of their players long into their late 30s and to rehabilitate stars that appeared to have burnt out at other clubs.

In Pro Rugby where recovery from knocks and bumps is an even biigger issue many teams now tell players at the start of the season what points they plan to drop them for (e.g. "you're getting the first 8 games then a fortnight off")

Our injuries are a massive concern. I don't think anyone is to blame. If players are injured they're injured. We get injuries in games and at training and all types of injury so I don't think the surface can be blamed. It has cursed us over the tenure of a more than a couple of managers and sets of coaching staff too, so practices like poor warmups seem unlikely to be at the heart of it.

It's just bad luck.

If we can get to a reasonable level (a player or two injured at any one time, like most clubs), we've got a good, deep squad and should do well.

between our facilities, our coaching staff/techniques and our medical/physio team, someone if not all of them have to shoulder the blame.

poor warm ups are surely the responsibility of fitness coaches...we have fitness coaches right? if not vlads to blame for not hiring any. tom ritchie used to do that, is he still at the club?

as for facilities, there are people who are employed to ensure the surfaces at tynie and riccarton are kept in top condition

this has to be attributable to someone and there has to be something we can do about it other than just put it down to bad luck. we can't be that unlucky. as you say it's been ongoing for some time and it's not just the odd player either, we have a constant string of top players with medium to long term injuries

Ecce Romanov

I wonder if Kyle will be fit enough to play some part in the TH games. Hope so!

Dr. Bapswent

Webster

Obua

Taouil

Kyle

Clum

Suso

Glen

Elliott

I love it how Glen, Clum and Obua are suddenly now our saviours .... part of the solution to our problems.

Priceless.

Kicking the arses of players with minor injuries can be a great way to produce a "real injury".

Arguably physios letting players play when they really shouldn't are the soft touches who lack authourity

There's a difficulty here. If you're not willing to play players who have minor problems then you're going to have several short term absences. If you are willing to play players with minor problems then you're more likely to have long term absences.

AC Milan's physios are arguably the state of the art and they'll sometimes take players out on suspicion that they're likely to get injured even if they're not reporting any symptoms yet. Their physios have allowed them to extend the playing careers of their players long into their late 30s and to rehabilitate stars that appeared to have burnt out at other clubs.

In Pro Rugby where recovery from knocks and bumps is an even biigger issue many teams now tell players at the start of the season what points they plan to drop them for (e.g. "you're getting the first 8 games then a fortnight off")

I think you're absolutely spot on with this. not as fashionable as calling players malingerers or insisting they should play through the pain barrier of course.

Ryan Gosling

I think we may find all of these players bar Obua and Clum mysteriously become available in the next week, especially Kyle and Webster.

Fourcandles

I noticed Stuart McCall said on Sportscene that he had a 1st team squad of 13/14 palyers!

With a squad that size how would they cope with 6/7 1st team players injured ?

:huh:

Robbo-Jambo

Out of all the SPL teams we consistently have the highest injury list. It is a worrying trend and it surely cant be coincidence all the time. <_<

I think we may find all of these players bar Obua and Clum mysteriously become available in the next week, especially Kyle and Webster.

what is the reasoning behind that then? have they been refusing to play for JJ? Mollycoddled? Dropped by Vlad? about to get telt they're playing whether fully fit or otherwise?

Out of all the SPL teams we consistently have the highest injury list. It is a worrying trend and it surely cant be coincidence all the time. <_<

It's not that surprising considering we have signed Kyle, Elliott, Taouill and Webster who have been injury prone for the majority of their careers.

what is the reasoning behind that then? have they been refusing to play for JJ? Mollycoddled? Dropped by Vlad? about to get telt they're playing whether fully fit or otherwise?

I'm fairly sure he means cos of the spurs game. (correct me if I'm wrong, Dwayne.)

Robbo-Jambo

It's not that surprising considering we have signed Kyle, Elliott, Taouill and Webster who have been injury prone for the majority of their careers.

Aye that doesnt help the cause TBF :(

MightyBritannia

Webster

Obua

Taouil

Kyle

Clum

Suso

Glen

Elliott

Webster, Taouil, Kyle, Driver and Elliott would all start - you may have a case for Taouil not starting, though.

livijambo55

I want to know who the medical staff at Hearts are. Surely It's their job to prevent injuries.

One or two can be forgiven, but this takes the biscuit.

Rita with her gold cane and the pyjama man.

Can maybe add temps to that list.... Just tweeted a picture of his ankle, ouch...

http://yfrog.com/kfgt3qoj

I wonder how far we'll be from our own Joey Barton on Twitter type incident? That's a wee bit close to giving out team news. Hope are lads are sensible in their use of it.

livijambo55

I wonder how far we'll be from our own Joey Barton on Twitter type incident? That's a wee bit close to giving out team news. Hope are lads are sensible in their use of it.

Hardly giving team info out, if he has a massive gash in his ankle and is unfit, I'm sure the opposition team will notice he isn't playing when Saturday comes round.

Archived