Vlad's maddest moment of this season...

loveofthegame

loveofthegame

Now this isn't a Vlad GTF thread. Far from it.

When it comes to it, and now that the dust has settled, I think the decision to replace JJ was the right one. The squad is not as good as we perhaps thought/hoped it was at points last season and over the summer. The media had an absolute field day at the start of the week about Mad Vlad this and Mad Vlad that. However the decision wasn't nearly as bad or crazy as has been made out.

For me though, it was making the claim that we want the league this year that astounds me. At this point, if he is going to make these claims, he MUST put his money where his mouth is. With no direct criticism aimed at JJ, the current squad simply isn't good enough to come close to the OF. I am delighted with the ambition of the board, in my opinion we should be aiming to really have a go at the top 2, but the fact is that making these claims but not backing the manager is quite simply, 'mad.'

Over the coming weeks, Sergio must be allowed to bring in some new faces. To get anywhere near the OF we're going to need at least 2 centre halfs, 2 centre mids and a centre forward. The current squad just doesn't have the depth or quality to do this, Vlad can shout his mouth of all he wants but that is what it comes down too.

A poor start to the league campaign, but this can be turned around very quickly. I'm still optimistic that this season will be a successful one.

Francis Albert

When it comes to it, and now that the dust has settled, I think the decision to replace JJ was the right one. The squad is not as good as we perhaps thought/hoped it was at points last season and over the summer. The media had an absolute field day at the start of the week about Mad Vlad this and Mad Vlad that. However the decision wasn't nearly as bad or crazy as has been made out.

For me though, it was making the claim that we want the league this year that astounds me. At this point, if he is going to make these claims, he MUST put his money where his mouth is. With no direct criticism aimed at JJ, the current squad simply isn't good enough to come close to the OF. I am delighted with the ambition of the board, in my opinion we should be aiming to really have a go at the top 2, but the fact is that making these claims but not backing the manager is quite simply, 'mad.'

Over the coming weeks, Sergio must be allowed to bring in some new faces. To get anywhere near the OF we're going to need at least 2 centre halfs, 2 centre mids and a centre forward. The current squad just doesn't have the depth or quality to do this, Vlad can shout his mouth of all he wants but that is what it comes down too.

A poor start to the league campaign, but this can be turned around very quickly. I'm still optimistic that this season will be a successful one.

Yes he should have said we don't want the league.

Yeh got to agree we dont have the squad to play pretty football! None of our defenders can carry the ball and our c/mds take a week to find the right pass! We have a good team to graft off the ball but need a bit more flair.

How can motherwell do what they are doing on less cash though?

What? Finishing below us? Yeah, we should definitely copy Motherwell.

Great post- even with all the players you mentioned we may already have an 8 point handicap, Paulo will need to do a Burley and gell these new players quickly.

Be an interesting last 24 days of the transfer window to see if he backs our new manager.

good post.

we urgently need a couple of important signings. and we could probably do with forgetting all about the spurs games and fielding a reserve side of our own. if we concentrate on the spurs games then we could be seeing a few more defeats and we're rooted to the bottom.

sergio wouldn't last past november.

Sometimes it is better to say nothing and let your actions speak for you.

loveofthegame

Doesn't always take a lot of money, their are countless 'gems' out in the market. I'm not saying Vlad needs to chuck a few million about. But he needs to back Sergio and now.

scots civil war

needs to invest bigtime to back up his wishes/demands....you cant polish a turd

get your wallet out romanov,you have made a good few quid yesterday with the ticket sales and more coming in via the tie`s coverage

Jambof3tornado

Vlad is not going to spend money bringing players in. I dont think Paulo will get a single penny to spend on transfer fees,perhaps a little bit on wages but anyone thinking he will get to bring in 4 or 5 players is totally bonkers.

The JJ signings of Grainger and Jamie H seem to be good ones,the others still have to prove their worth.

Lots of games to play,but we need to get moving up that table.

Francis Albert

needs to invest bigtime to back up his wishes/demands....you cant polish a turd

get your wallet out romanov,you have made a good few quid yesterday with the ticket sales and more coming in via the tie`s coverage

Yesterday probably reduced the money he has poured into Hearts from about ?35m to ?34.5m.

loveofthegame

I didn't say that. But putting the pressure on by saying we do want it was crazy given the current side. Can you imagine our reaction on here if Petrie had said this last week?! "Hibs Chief Exec demands title."

Francis Albert

"He's not communicating". "He's lost interest". "We have a right to be told". Blah blah.

Can't win.

Yesterday probably reduced the money he has poured into Hearts from about ?35m to ?34.5m.

No one forced him to buy the club, that was his choice. With all things you purchase the owner is responsible for the running costs.

Francis Albert

I didn't say that. But putting the pressure on by saying we do want it was crazy given the current side. Can you imagine our reaction on here if Petrie had said this last week?! "Hibs Chief Exec demands title."

I see "want" has magically changed to "demand".

Francis Albert

No one forced him to buy the club, that was his choice. With all things you purchase the owner is responsible for the running costs.

Yes. And he is. Your point?

"He's not communicating". "He's lost interest". "We have a right to be told". Blah blah.

Can't win.

Nonsense Francis that argument is a pure cop out. He could easily communicate with the fans without the need for the dramatic bollox he comes out with.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

He bought for ?21m and the debt rose to ?34m?

Check again. And the OP is right, too.

Francis Albert

Nonsense Francis that argument is a pure cop out. He could easily communicate with the fans without the need for the dramatic bollox he comes out with.

I want us to win the league. Apologies for that bit of dramatic bollox.

loveofthegame

I see "want" has magically changed to "demand".

Well we all know what Vlad does when he doesn't get what he 'wants'.

If Vlad has set the team this target, you can guarantee he won't be a happy bunny if we don't reach it. And with this squad we won't.

You're doing a cracking job of making it out like this thread is a Vlad witch hunt- it wasn't started with that intention. The straightforward point I am making is that if he's going to say he want's/demand's/whatevers the title, he has to back the manager to bring in players capable of achieving this. The current lot are not capable of winning the league. If you think differently, its you that's mad.

I want us to win the league. Apologies for that bit of dramatic bollox.

Your a fan of course you want us to win the league. You are in no position to help us achieve that goal. VR is in a position to help us but has done nothing since the sacking of Burley to suggest he is serious about us winning the league, so yes it is bollox.

Cut The Crap

Vlad's actions tell us all we need to know about his ambition for Hearts.

Francis Albert

Debt for equity swaps (done and about to be done) and debt forgiveness amount to about ?32m so far. But for these the debt would be far higher. Irresponsible and largely wasted spending, but spending nevertheless.

Vlad can be rightly criticised for a hundred things but failure to "put his hand in his pocket" simply isn't one of them.

so who loaned the additional ?13M to the club, as well as the other ?22M of lending which has since been forgiven in exchange for equity?

santa claus maybe?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Well we all know what Vlad does when he doesn't get what he 'wants'.

If Vlad has set the team this target, you can guarantee he won't be a happy bunny if we don't reach it. And with this squad we won't.

You're doing a cracking job of making it out like this thread is a Vlad witch hunt- it wasn't started with that intention. The straightforward point I am making is that if he's going to say he want's/demand's/whatevers the title, he has to back the manager to bring in players capable of achieving this. The current lot are not capable of winning the league. If you think differently, its you that's mad.

You're absolutely right. The thing is, he's painting himself into a corner with statements like that. No way is the present squad good enough, and a new manager has to be allowed to assess what he has inherited and make improvements ie get rid of a few and bring in his own players.

Vlad has to back his appointment. I know. That sounds crazy.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

so who loaned the additional ?13M to the club, as well as the other ?22M of lending which has since been forgiven in exchange for equity?

santa claus maybe?

Loaned? You mean we became MORE in debt?

Debt to whom?

Motherwell were pish today, only in it for ten mins after sending off. We whilst not being great were well in control until sending off.

Loaned? You mean we became MORE in debt?

Debt to whom?

well it's not really hard to comprehend.

our debt rose but it didn't come from an independent creditor, it came from vlad's companies UKIO and UBIG. there was also ?22M worth of lending which has been written off.

that's investment in hearts on the part of romanov and his business group.

Who's bright idea was it to let JJ prepare the team for this season, spend money on 4 spl players then sack the man for someone with no clue about the spl, no time to prepare another manager side for the season and possibly not be able to bring in any of his own additions?

Jambof3tornado

Vlad isnt stupid and when he said he wants the league title I am quite sure he doesnt expect us to get anywhere near it.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

our debt rose but it didn't come from an independent creditor, it came from vlad's companies UKIO and UBIG. there was also ?22M worth of lending which has been written off.

That says it all.

That says it all.

nobody has claimed otherwise. our debt rose.

what was in question was whether or not romanov has invested a great deal of money in hearts... which has now been demonstrated that he has.

so that's that.

Francis Albert

But it was all done on the "Hearts credit card". Because the tens of millions were simply added to Hearts debt it wasn't "real money". Jankauskas and the rest happily accepted an IOU from Hearts or maybe vouchers to spend in the club shop and didn't receive any hard cash.

Hobonomics lesson 1.

But it was all done on the "Hearts credit card". Because the tens of millions were simply added to Hearts debt it wasn't "real money". Jankauskas and the rest happily accepted an IOU from Hearts or maybe vouchers to spend in the club shop and didn't receive any hard cash.

Hobonomics lesson 1.

:Agree: after all these years, and literally thousands of debates, it still goes on.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

:Agree: after all these years, and literally thousands of debates, it still goes on.

I just want the same as you do. A succesful Hearts team.

I just want the same as you do. A succesful Hearts team.

for sure. another thing not in question.

as F.A. said, the investment has been largely wasted, which is a pity.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

for sure. another thing not in question.

as F.A. said, the investment has been largely wasted, which is a pity.

It could have been something.

We'll never know, now.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Hobonomics lesson 1.

Without meaning to go over the same old ground, there are legitimate questions around how much we've spent these past six years - the importance of which I guess depends on how much fans think we're entitled to ask questions and get answers. For me, I often wonder what caused the 14m increase to the debt AND what happened to the 20m gross we've taken in player sales since 2006. That's a lot of money, even for the wages we were paying out.

CavySlaveJambo

N

For me though, it was making the claim that we want the league this year that astounds me. At this point, if he is going to make these claims, he MUST put his money where his mouth is.

1. Man Management can be just as effective results wise. BUT you need more than 2 matches.

2. FFP is now into play. Why do you think Man City have that ridiculous stadium sponsorship deal with Etihad for City of Manchester Stadium. Vlad can't just throw money at the team anymore.

It could have been something.

We'll never know, now.

agreed. we'll certainly never know what could have been achieved with the huge sum which has gone into the club already. it's gone now. it seems highly unlikely that significant future investment will be made so anything that we do achieve will have to be done organically. it will probably take time to reshape the squad, because of players contracts and so forth. it might even be a long term thing and a couple of managers into the future but it's still possible to get closer to challenging at the top.

Francis Albert

Without meaning to go over the same old ground, there are legitimate questions around how much we've spent these past six years - the importance of which I guess depends on how much fans think we're entitled to ask questions and get answers. For me, I often wonder what caused the 14m increase to the debt AND what happened to the 20m gross we've taken in player sales since 2006. That's a lot of money, even for the wages we were paying out.

There are legitimate questions around the edges (the player registration stuff for example) but it's pretty clear we've been averaging a wage bill of ?10m plus since Vlad arrived when we needed to spend no more tan aboutb ?5m to break even taking account of other costs. So ?25m to ?30m is very easily accounted for on the wage bill alone.

scots civil war

nobody on here is saying romanov has not invested in hearts

but he will have to keep investing or the old sergio meister wont be here long ,im sure of that

romanov has a curious way of trying to be successful

it shows,like the ticket sales yesterday,that the groundswell is absolutely there if he fields a quality side

he can have his dream of playing at a new stadium with foreign coaching,playing in europe every ******* season if he invests once again not only in purchasing and contracts but a very good and `n touch` scouting system

until then,we wont be in europe next season

Archived