Glorious Hearts @ The Kings

robbogoal

Did anyone go and see the play 'Glorious Hearts' at the Kings in about 1999?

If so what did you think?

I thought of this after reading 'the team that was' thread and I remember McDonald crying at the end.

This play went through every result of that season I think and I remember people booing its a fix, and some even cryed during it!

It was quite good, I'll never forget the line "everyone knows ye canny play decent football on a slope!"

Completely against my better judgement I turned up to it sober.

What a fecking mistake that was.

I enjoyed it and thought it was decent enough. Felt like a game as all the boozers around the area were busy with Jambos having a peev!

Directed by a Celtic fan as well. A complete shambles that ended up with most people involved losing money and wages and fees not being paid. It could only happen with Hearts really.

A complete shambles that ended up with most people involved losing money and wages and fees not being paid. It could only happen with Hearts really.

There's some on here that will blame Vlad for that :sad:

I asked because I was in it.

Tony the director is a sellik fan- but the writer, and 5 of the cast were Jambos.

I never did get paid right enough!

Was great fun though.

Tony the director is a sellik fan- but the writer, and 5 of the cast were Jambos.

Was great fun though.

You didnae get paid because you were pish :rolleyes:

lost in leith

Went along with a squad from work - I thought it was OK but nothing special. Timing was a bit unlucky. Sure it looked like a winner at the planning stage after the Cup win. By the time it appeared the Cup winning team was falling apart and we were in relegation trouble - not great box office :sad:

Was great fun though.

Do I know you?

I know a few people who were involved, indeed I had the MD ranting about it at christmas.

Randle P McMurphy

fex sake i had completely forgotten about that. i went along for some (probably drunken) reason

Archived