Supporters bus from Falkirk and Linlithgow to Spurs Away

No Idle Talk Grant

No Idle Talk Grant

Just a quick posting to see if there is any interest in Jambos from the Falkirk and Linlithgow areas in running a bus to London for the Spurs game. Nothing definite as yet, just trying to gauge numbers. If it goes ahead bus is likely to leave late Wednesday night, 11pmish travelling overnight arriving in London Thursday morning. Stay in London Thursday night and starting return journey mid-day on Friday to arrive home Friday evening. Please post a reply if you are interested in travelling.

chester copperpot

Just a quick posting to see if there is any interest in Jambos from the Falkirk and Linlithgow areas in running a bus to London for the Spurs game. Nothing definite as yet, just trying to gauge numbers. If it goes ahead bus is likely to leave late Wednesday night, 11pmish travelling overnight arriving in London Thursday morning. Stay in London Thursday night and starting return journey mid-day on Friday to arrive home Friday evening. Please post a reply if you are interested in travelling.

I will be going on the Dunfermline bus if they're running one, but if not, I'd definitely be interested mate.

scots civil war

just get on the train lads,have you saw what they were doing to buses last night in N17

have a wee think on that one lol

just get on the train lads,have you saw what they were doing to buses last night in N17

have a wee think on that one lol

I don't think we plan to park the bus at WHL it will be tucked up at our hotel.

Tickets could be the stumbling block

I don't think we plan to park the bus at WHL it will be tucked up at our hotel.

PhoebeJambo

yes 2 from polmont. maybe 3. but depends on cost and getting tickets

No Idle Talk Grant

Tough call this as people can't say for definite without knowing if their getting a ticket.

Appreciate this is an issue but it would be impossible to organise a bus if people waited until they knew if they had a ticket. Realise its a gamble but its the only way that we can work out if a bus is a viable option.

Are you definitely set on staying over on the Thursday night Grant?

I would be interested if the bus was returning shortly after the game, but as I'm expected bac in work by lunchtime on Friday I couldn't come onthe itenary you've suggested. I'll keep an eye on this thread though.

heartsfc_fan

I'd be up for this (live in Falkirk) but unfortunately, I'd rather it was a go down come back on the same day job. :down:

May have to count me out on this one.

if i'm going down, i'd be interested. from falkirk!

where would you be leaving from? how long are you staying down for? forget that, never read OP correctly

keep us updated.

chester copperpot

Any ideas about prices yet?

I think anyone running a bus will fill it no problems at all.

No firm details on the price however we are getting quotes for Bus hire today hopefully, hotel would be a ballpark figure of ?30-35 per skull based on 2 people sharing a twin-room.

chester copperpot

No firm details on the price however we are getting quotes for Bus hire today hopefully, hotel would be a ballpark figure of ?30-35 per skull based on 2 people sharing a twin-room.

I've got my accomodation sorted mate, I just really need transport down there. Would much rather do it on a supporters bus than the fecking megabus.

Cardiac Rucksack

Grant I have my accomodation sorted also, so its just the travelling for me. :thumbsup:

It's looking like most people are going by train.

There's a fair number keen to bus it but they are way down the pecking order for tickets based on HMFC Loyalty points system. Once the away allocation is known later this week - supporters clubs applications need to be in by close of play tomorrow - the picture will be clearer. We may end up going by train but its worth exploring the bus option first.

Best of luck with this. Unless you get an early check in I'd think twice about it. Prestonpans Hearts went overnight to Derby in 1995, got early check in, a couple of hours kip and trip was excellent. We then did the same to Charlton in 1998, didn't get early check in and folk were falling asleep at the game or in pubs shortly afterwards (got some cracking pics from that trip!!!)

We're going down at either 5am or 6am in the morning on day of game, staying at County Hotel Woodford on Thursday and leaving London at lunchtime Friday. Booked through lateroom.com for much discount (?56 per twin room) if any Jambo is looking into accommodation...

Cardiac Rucksack

There's a fair number keen to bus it but they are way down the pecking order for tickets based on HMFC Loyalty points system. Once the away allocation is known later this week - supporters clubs applications need to be in by close of play tomorrow - the picture will be clearer. We may end up going by train but its worth exploring the bus option first.

If the club are putting in for tickets then id want my name in for itl.

I would be interested in this and might have another few guys interested as well. All based in Livingston area if that is any help. Really need to wait on the ticket situation but I really hope I have enough loyalty points if that is the system they are using. Hoping we get a really good allocation as well

Hearts & Spurs need to get their finger out to decide on the ticket allocation as there seems to be mass hysteria mounting.

Me plus 3 would possibly be interested in this. We are from Armadale but Linlithgow would be fine for us.

No Idle Talk Grant

Unfortunately we are not going to be able to run a bus to this game after all. Understandably there are many people not willing to commit until they get a ticket. It would take to much to organise after people confirmed tickets, as such regrettably we are going to pull the plug on this. Thanks to those that expressed an interest and hope everyone that wants to go manages to get some travel arrangements sorted.

Unfortunately we are not going to be able to run a bus to this game after all. Understandably there are many people not willing to commit until they get a ticket. It would take to much to organise after people confirmed tickets, as such regrettably we are going to pull the plug on this. Thanks to those that expressed an interest and hope everyone that wants to go manages to get some travel arrangements sorted.

Never mind mate. Thanks for looking into it :thumbsup:

chester copperpot

Never mind mate. Thanks for looking into it :thumbsup:

Glad I booked the megabus last night now, as looks like the Dunfermline bus wont be happening either.

kylelauren01

Glad I booked the megabus last night now, as looks like the Dunfermline bus wont be happening either.

Any, sorry mate. Dunfermline bus not a goer for same reasons. People not willing to commit & most of our members are travelling by other means. Would need money up front in case people pull out & frankly there are too many ifs and buts. Eddie & myself - if we get tkts - are planning a cheeky wee 17 seater made up of tried & trusted Jambos. Would be coming back straight after the game which doesn't help you much. Kenny.

stirlingshirejambo

Any, sorry mate. Dunfermline bus not a goer for same reasons. People not willing to commit & most of our members are travelling by other means. Would need money up front in case people pull out & frankly there are too many ifs and buts. Eddie & myself - if we get tkts - are planning a cheeky wee 17 seater made up of tried & trusted Jambos. Would be coming back straight after the game which doesn't help you much. Kenny.

Now I have it confirmed that we've got enough loyalty points I'm looking to book transport

The only problem I have is we have to be back in Edinburgh Friday morning

If anone knows a supporters bus leaving after the game with space for 2 adults and a child it would be much appreciated.

Failing that we will need to travel from Edinburgh to Glasgow to get their megabus at 4 Thursday morning returning to Glasgow 7.30 Friday morning as Edinburgh one sold out

Now I have it confirmed that we've got enough loyalty points I'm looking to book transport

If anone knows a supporters bus leaving after the game with space for 2 adults and a child it would be much appreciated.

Failing that we will need to travel from Edinburgh to Glasgow to get their megabus at 4 Thursday morning returning to Glasgow 7.30 Friday morning as Edinburgh one sold out

Drop Rossmaroon a PM - he was good enough to tell me about seats left on the Glasgow Hearts bus that will have you back up here early Friday a.m.

Midloth_Iain

There should be a coach going from Midlothian, numbers are decent, but cant guarantee its 'on' until ticket outcome sorted . I do know they plan to leave straight after the game.

PM me if you want a contact number to make enquiries.

stirlingshirejambo

There should be a coach going from Midlothian, numbers are decent, but cant guarantee its 'on' until ticket outcome sorted . I do know they plan to leave straight after the game.

PM me if you want a contact number to make enquiries.

Cheers as if your user name is an accurate guide very close to me

stirlingshirejambo

Drop Rossmaroon a PM - he was good enough to tell me about seats left on the Glasgow Hearts bus that will have you back up here early Friday a.m.

Thanks will do

GRANT PUT ME DOWN MAYBE 2 SEATS ..GLASGOW HEARTS RUNNING BUS BUT NOT STAYING GREAT IDEA TO STAT HOPE IT COMES OFF

GRANT PUT ME DOWN MAYBE 2 SEATS ..GLASGOW HEARTS RUNNING BUS BUT NOT STAYING GREAT IDEA TO STAT HOPE IT COMES OFF

No bus going from Linlithgow & District two reasons doubt whether we will get enough tickets and members making alternative travel arrangements.

Glasgow bus has about 39 confirmed so still a few seats available. For those worried about tickets I am pretty certain that will not be a problem because Spurs rarely fill WHL for non EPL games. Either Hearts will be given a big enough allocation or ther will be tickets available on the day from Spurs.

Phone Ian Russell on 07754754250 or text me (Ross Meikle) with your details on 07759263862

Have checked over the last 5 seasons and while crowds for all home games are healthy, only EPL games are sold out so there should be tickest available on the day from the stadium.

Archived