Dilemma

Dazo

I currently have accommodation and travel all waiting for the final click to confirm the bookings.

I am due to start Jury Service on the 23rd of August. romanovpalm.png

What do you do ? Can you get out of jury service ? Chances of getting picked ?

seething.gif

If you turn up at court smartly dressed - suit, collar and tie etc you might not get selected. The defence will think that you are a "guilty" verdict and not pick you.

If you turn up at court smartly dressed - suit, collar and tie etc you might not get selected. The defence will think that you are a "guilty" verdict and not pick you.

jambo jack is right. Turn up in your best clobber, buttonhole in and carrying a copy of the daily mail prominently and you will be home within the hour!

Teuchterjambo

I currently have accommodation and travel all waiting for the final click to confirm the bookings.

I am due to start Jury Service on the 23rd of August. romanovpalm.png

What do you do ? Can you get out of jury service ? Chances of getting picked ?

seething.gif

I've just been excused Jury Duty later in the year as I will be on holiday but had to supply invoices/confirmation paperwork. Anything other than that or a Doc's certificate is dodgy - actual chances of getting picked is about 1 in 4 maybe 1 in 5 depending on how many called actually make it on the day

Befriend the defendant on facebook. Means you'll make the game and you can deal with the contempt of court trial later.

Drylaw Hearts

Do they fall for that ? I do feel a pretty case of man flu coming on. whistling.gif

Sickness etc is the way to go.

Carl Fredrickson

When I served on a Jury, 2 folk were excused for childcare/parent care reasons. Say no-one else is available and you cant afford to pay for caring for them... :whistling:

I got excused in February. Was going to London on the thursday and was due to start jury duty on the monday. Each day went past and it kept getting put back a day. On the wednesday I told them I was going to London on the thursday and they took me off the list. Asked me to send confirmation but I never and nothing ever came of it!

I got excused in February. Was going to London on the thursday and was due to start jury duty on the monday. Each day went past and it kept getting put back a day. On the wednesday I told them I was going to London on the thursday and they took me off the list. Asked me to send confirmation but I never and nothing ever came of it!

Actually that could be the way to go, tell them on the Tuesday that I am due to fly on Thursday and will likely get taken off the list.

Archived