spurs - pubs before the game

scott herbertson

scott herbertson

My linkPosted over on the spurs forum - good starting point as I suspect most pubs around WHL will be wary about away fans

Tottenham Hotspur FC

White Hart Lane

Where To Drink

Due to a number of pubs going out of business in the area around the ground, the choice for away fans is now rather limited. Simon Hornby informs me; 'The best place for away fans to get a drink is the Harringey Irish club on the Pretoria Rd which is opposite White Hart Lane station. It has two large bars showing Sky Sports, offers reasonably priced food and you can also park there for ?10'. Dean Palmer adds; 'When you get off the train at White Hart Lane, go straight out of the metal gates and walk straight down the road in front of you. After a couple of hundred yards there is a car park on the left hand side, and the social club is in there. There are always a few away fans in there, and kids are also allowed in there too'.

Tim Pick a visiting Wolverhampton Wanderers fan adds; 'We drank at the Elmhust on Lordship Lane, which is about a ten minute walk away from the ground. It is large mock tudor style looking pub with 4 or 5 Sky Sports screens. There were home fans and away fans in colours mixing with out any problems. Prices were okay too (for London)'.

Carsie a Spurs fan from Belfast recommends; 'The Three Compasses which is situated in Queen Street (behind Middlesex University), which is a five minute walk from White Hart Lane Station'.

It may be an idea to drink in Central London before the game and then take a train to White Hart Lane Station. There is a Wetherspoon outlet at Liverpool Street Station from where you get the train to White Hart Lane. If you decide to take the long walk from Seven Sisters tube station to the stadium, then there are a number of pubs along the way.

Steve Dobson adds; 'I also suggest that visiting fans with a thirst for real ale, consider catching the train from Liverpool Street and stop off at Hackney Downs to visit the Pembury Tavern. Good beer and quality food. From there it is only 10 minutes on the train to White Hart Lane. The pub is only a couple of hundred yards from Hackney Downs station on Amhurst Road'. The pub which is featured in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide has no less than 16 real ales on offer! The question is, will you still then make it to the match?

Inside the ground alcohol is served in the refreshment areas. This is in the form of plastic bottles of Carlsberg at ?2.50 per 500ml bottle. But please note that alcohol is not served in the away section at half time.

Beer served at the game? :cheese:

Please read carefully.

But please note that alcohol is not served in the away section at half time. verymad.gif

22games nro

Please read carefully.

But please note that alcohol is not served in the away section at half time. verymad.gif

just found my drinking hole , WHL . beer inside the ground , ya dancer !!!!!!!

I went to hull a few years ago and they didn't sell alcohol at half time either.....cos the polis shut the kiosks as we were aLl reekin , maybe a good idea

I got as far as Irish club before realising this advice wasn't tailored for our fanbase.

Drink at Kings X or Liverpool St & make your way from there.

That is what all the away fans do.

I got as far as Irish club before realising this advice wasn't tailored for our fanbase.

same here!

I live in Finsbury Park it's 15 mins from WHL on the tube and is the heart of Arsenal country so every pub around the area are more than ready to accept all the jambos for pre and post match drinks.

davemclaren

I would imagine I'll be drinking my Camparis in central London and then heading to the stadium in a joe baxi.

Archived