Lack of media and reaction from Tottenham!

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Has anyone seen a spurs representative on the tv or heard anyone on the radio yet? SSN keep showing Paulo Sergio`s interview but i havent seen anything from the spurs side? I know we are a much smaller club etc but i am surprised at how we appear to be swept aside as insignificant by their lack of reaction to this draw. :arry:

Has anyone seen a spurs representative on the tv or heard anyone on the radio yet? SSN keep showing Paulo Sergio`s interview but i havent seen anything from the spurs side? I know we are a much smaller club etc but i am surprised at how we appear to be swept aside as insignificant by their lack of reaction to this draw. :arry:

Big Joe Jordan..

My link

Rudi The Awesome One

Very small mention on website. Couple of lines from Harry's assistant then the rest of the article on their next friendly.

Let's hope they make the mistake of taking us too lightly and we shock them at Tynecastle.

lost in leith

Why are you surprised? The club regard this as a nuisance and English fans think Scottish football is a joke. There is reaction from Jordan quoted on the BBC site.

Cos they know they'll walk it! That's why i can't understand why folk think this has been a good draw. Would've been good to get them in the group stages, that way if we lost we could've gained points elsewhere. knockout? Nah!

J.T.F.Robertson

Running scared imo. :ninja:

Problems accepting the reality of their dire situation. :Agree:

we're not a big draw, pure and simple. Spurs will probably treat this like a double headed friendly, hopefully we can take advantage of this and do them in the first leg :thumbsup:

NewYorkJambo

Cos they know they'll walk it! That's why i can't understand why folk think this has been a good draw. Would've been good to get them in the group stages, that way if we lost we could've gained points elsewhere. knockout? Nah!

Are you for real? Have you even seen the pot of teams we could have been drawn against? There were five or six and NEWSFLASH: We couldn't beat any of then over two legs (in all liklihood!)

So Spurs was the best draw for a ton of reasons

i) Travel is cheap and will get a reasonably big allocation

ii) Scotland v England rivalry

iii) They are quality and have good players

CF11JamTart

Are you for real? Have you even seen the pot of teams we could have been drawn against? There were five or six and NEWSFLASH: We couldn't beat any of then over two legs (in all liklihood!)

This. All this.

My heart sank when I saw the five alternatives. At least the Spurs tie has a bit more glamour to it.

NewYorkJambo

This. All this.

My heart sank when I saw the five alternatives. At least the Spurs tie has a bit more glamour to it.

Like you I wanted an easy draw. When I saw them I knew we were almost certainly out. MAYBE PAOK we could have taken IF we were exceptional and they had a nightmare.

But more than likely we'd just go out to a team with no real stars. This way I reckon we'll go out but after a rousing home display. I'd LOVE us to put Tottenham out and, stupidly, by the day of the game I will somehow have convinced myself there is a chance.

But realistically, this is the end of the road for us and at least we will have an amazing atmosphere and see some quality players

I'm very pleased by the lack of reaction. It shows they expect an easy passage into the next phase. I just hope we can field a full strength team - we will need Webster for this one.

This. All this.

:mellow:

Chance are any of the seeded teams would have knocked us out, so why not have some fun while it lasts! Although by the sounds of it you don't do fun.

This is true. The other clubs we could have met were just as strong, but this will result (if we lose) in the usual English press contempt.If we win they will claim some feeble excuse. The memory of Dave MacKay means little to the media today (though Spurs fans appreciate him).

Big Joe Jordan..

My link

I find it a bit weird that the article fails to mention that Jordan managed us. Isn't that the sort of thing they'd usually think warrants mention?

All 3 reasons would've still applied in the group stages. I'm not that bothered if, as we expect, lose the game, just would've preferred it if it had been in the group stages. The money for qualifying in the first place would've been there and another few teams and big crowds would've added to the pot regardless of the Tottenham game. Nice to see Rangers and Celtic gettin an easy draw though!

CF11JamTart

Like you I wanted an easy draw. When I saw them I knew we were almost certainly out. MAYBE PAOK we could have taken IF we were exceptional and they had a nightmare.

But more than likely we'd just go out to a team with no real stars. This way I reckon we'll go out but after a rousing home display. I'd LOVE us to put Tottenham out and, stupidly, by the day of the game I will somehow have convinced myself there is a chance.

But realistically, this is the end of the road for us and at least we will have an amazing atmosphere and see some quality players

Agreed - that's the problem when you're not seeded. By definition, a seeded team will be better than an unseeded team.

I don't know how these things work, but we could make a wee bit of cash if it's televised.

Which is more significantly more likely with Spurs than if it were Spartak Moscow, PAOK or Hapoel Tel Aviv.

Something else i've noticed is that there didn't seem to be much reaction about it on the scottish media: whereas they would have creamed their drawers at the prospect had it been OF v Spurs.

Archived