Tottenham with Kids ?

Ricknauskis

Ricknauskis

Just booked to stay 2 Nights at the Holiday Inn Kingscross with my two sons ( 13 and 10 ) and wondered what the boozers are like locally for getting them in ??????

Anyone in the know locally ? Only sensible replies please

and know they dont want a pint... :whistling:

Fourcandles

Wouldn't think it's the best game for Yids tbh.

Corrected a spelling mistake for you there......... :whistling:

Dagger Is Back

No idea but I'm taking my 12 YO. I see it as almost a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to go to a game like this with the wee fella. An onbroad trip with days off etc. is almost a no go area for us in terms of cost etc. so as soon as we got the thumbs up from her indoors re time off school etc. it was full steam ahead.

This is the first time we've drawn an English team in Europe so I didn't want to miss it.

scott herbertson

Just booked to stay 2 Nights at the Holiday Inn Kingscross with my two sons ( 13 and 10 ) and wondered what the boozers are like locally for getting them in ??????

Anyone in the know locally ? Only sensible replies please

and know they dont want a pint... :whistling:

You'd have no trouble getting them into most of the pubs in central london - I'd suggest taking them to Covent Garden - expensive pubs but sonme great outdoor acts to watch, then head off to get to the game 30 minutes before it starts

Forget the pubs around WHL - no chance of even adults getting in. Worth having a shish kebab or a wrap on the walk up from seven sisters - they're the best I know of

scott herbertson

It's possible I may take my 10 year old so it may be worth a separate thread for dads with kids so they could have a sensible drink somewhere in the afternoon then head up together?

It's years since i was in that neck of the woods but it wasn't too clever back then. I would take the above advice or get to the ground earlier than normal. Reckon there will be trouble or at least they will want to try. If the sheep show up at Tynie in the first leg with the Spurs mob it could have potential. If it does kick off spurs will want a bit back at WHL. I don't want/condone trouble just a reply to the OP. I am not ITK, I had to talk to somebody else to get this info. But that is how I understand it is. I hope It's all crap and it passes over without trouble. It would be a shame for a special night to get spoilt.

weststand93

from tott*enham myself but im arsenal , its not the best place to take kids to a game or in to any of there pubs around , there was a shooting about here last night says it all really

the windae cleaner

european away games = no bairns ...... well thats what i tell the wife :thumbsup:

It's years since i was in that neck of the woods but it wasn't too clever back then. I would take the above advice or get to the ground earlier than normal. Reckon there will be trouble or at least they will want to try. If the sheep show up at Tynie in the first leg with the Spurs mob it could have potential. If it does kick off spurs will want a bit back at WHL. I don't want/condone trouble just a reply to the OP. I am not ITK, I had to talk to somebody else to get this info. But that is how I understand it is. I hope It's all crap and it passes over without trouble. It would be a shame for a special night to get spoilt.

PomPom-Sheep-425x564.jpg

blink.gif

Well, I for one am a little confused. Sheep? Trouble? EH?

Hundreds of kids go to Spurs every week. If you don't mind drunk jambos then they'll be fine.

Jambof3tornado

What's with the not suitable for kids pesh? We don't play in europe often and some folk expect the kids to stay away.

Farrk orf!

from tott*enham myself but im arsenal , its not the best place to take kids to a game or in to any of there pubs around , there was a shooting about here last night says it all really

There was a shooting, but the police did it.

Ricknauskis

It's possible I may take my 10 year old so it may be worth a separate thread for dads with kids so they could have a sensible drink somewhere in the afternoon then head up together?

Thanks mate, i'll get back to you nearer the time on this.

My sons are football daft so no chance of going to a game of this status without them.

european away games = no bairns ...... well thats what i tell the wife :thumbsup:

waw wish i had a dad like you when i was young

There are more murders per capita in Edinburgh than London

The other fact is the spurs mob are a nasty bunch of feckers.

Thanks mate, i'll get back to you nearer the time on this.

My sons are football daft so no chance of going to a game of this status without them.

I could tell you loads of places to drink with kids that would result in a safe quick trip to the away end.

Vlad Knows.

What's with the not suitable for kids pesh? We don't play in europe often and some folk expect the kids to stay away.

Farrk orf!

exactly my thoughts :thumbsup:

vintage1874

According to a friend ASC have a strong link with Spurs mob. I didn't know that myself.

The same asc that stopped coming to tynie around 1985 after ther 1-1 cup game?

Taking my 10 yo. Stayin in Travelodge Liverpool Street.... be out with him during day and hotel has a bar...never thought i'd get to take him...Baby Crew??lol

stirlingshirejambo

taking my 13 year old. He's been to over 150 Hearts games so chances of him not going if i am gr nil. I couldn't bear to not give him a once in a generation time of a game like this.

I P Knightley

Hundreds of kids go to Spurs every week. If you don't mind drunk jambos then they'll be fine.

Plenty of my Spurs supporting mates take their kids to the Lane without the slightest of bother. Premier League matches and midweek Euro/Cup games.

The Covent Garden shout was a good one - a summer's afternoon/evening with a bit of al fresco pop while mimes & illusionists distract the youngsters.

Dagger Is Back

taking my 13 year old. He's been to over 150 Hearts games so chances of him not going if i am gr nil. I couldn't bear to not give him a once in a generation time of a game like this.

Spot on. I feel exactly the same.

Me and my 13 year old got flights booked. Just need to get hotel booked. Great opportunity for him to experience a euro away trip. Cmon the Hearts. Cannae wait.

scott herbertson

Plenty of my Spurs supporting mates take their kids to the Lane without the slightest of bother. Premier League matches and midweek Euro/Cup games.

The Covent Garden shout was a good one - a summer's afternoon/evening with a bit of al fresco pop while mimes & illusionists distract the youngsters.

not to mention chance of a few shandies will they amuse themselves :whistling:

Archived