Any folk heading to London themselves?

slashishere

slashishere

Not sure if anyone I know is going to be able to make it to the game, holidays/work/living in Oz

Really up for going, is anyone else thinking of heading down themselves?

Not sure if anyone I know is going to be able to make it to the game, holidays/work/living in Oz

Id only be going myself if someone is able to drive down and back straight after the game to get back to Glasgow for 5am lol. If you decide to drive...give me a shout.

slashishere

Id only be going myself if someone is able to drive down and back straight after the game to get back to Glasgow for 5am lol. If you decide to drive...give me a shout.

Got to be honest mate dont fancy the drive, especially the thought of straight after the game, no train/plane or bus 4 me.

Right need to do this as cheap as possible for me and my son so looking at the following -

Megabus Thursday 5am Returning Friday late afternoon ?16 return

Easyhotel Victoria (5 min walk from bus station) ?58 twin room for 1 night .

Concerns are that the bus going down is delayed and we miss the match, or as part time supporters we can't get tickets.

Have to wait till Monday to find out if the lad can get time off work and no doubt this will be unavailable or more expensive. :down:

Edit: Stuff the concerns, if they can't be overcome I'll watch the game in a HMFC friendly bar and have a great night out. :thumbsup:

slashishere

Right need to do this as cheap as possible for me and my son so looking at the following -

Megabus Thursday 5am Returning Friday late afternoon ?16 return

Easyhotel Victoria (5 min walk from bus station) ?58 twin room for 1 night .

Concerns are that the bus going down is delayed and we miss the match, or as part time supporters we can't get tickets.

Have to wait till Monday to find out if the lad can get time off work and no doubt this will be unavailable or more expensive. :down:

Edit: Stuff the concerns, if they can't be overcome I'll watch the game in a HMFC friendly bar and have a great night out. :thumbsup:

Megabus from Perth for ?16 is a bargin, just dont know if I could handle 11 hours on a bus!

Mates are all flying down. I waited to long so getting 5:45 mega us wednesday and meeting them there! Hoping to see other jambos on the bus for a cheeky vimto

I'm travelling on my own and meeting my brother and other family down there. I'm on the 1219 train from Haymarket on the Thurs and the 1000 home on the Fri. Could be tight if any delays but fingers crossed, i couldn't get a lot of time off work.

Plan on getting a Travel Lodge or similar. Travelling nae bags with toothbrush in the pocket!

I'm travelling on my own and meeting my brother and other family down there. I'm on the 1219 train from Haymarket on the Thurs and the 1000 home on the Fri. Could be tight if any delays but fingers crossed, i couldn't get a lot of time off work.

Plan on getting a Travel Lodge or similar. Travelling nae bags with toothbrush in the pocket!

What was the train fare mate ?

Got to be honest mate dont fancy the drive, especially the thought of straight after the game, no train/plane or bus 4 me.

How are you thinking of travelling ?

Probably just me and the laddie might look at supporters bus or train.

slashishere

How are you thinking of travelling ?

Probably just me and the laddie might look at supporters bus or train.

Was thinking train, its 6 hours from perth, it was ?120 for train ticket though, damn site cheaper on Megabus at ?16 but dont know if I can hack the 11 hours.

What was the train fare mate ?

Cost me ?114. Probably would have got it chepaer earlier in the day but as usual i faffed about deciding if i was going to go or not!

Cost me ?114. Probably would have got it chepaer earlier in the day but as usual i faffed about deciding if i was going to go or not!

Cool Sammy

It is steep

:thumbsup:

Was thinking train, its 6 hours from perth, it was ?120 for train ticket though, damn site cheaper on Megabus at ?16 but dont know if I can hack the 11 hours.

I think if you were to go to the station Waverley you would get it much cheaper.

Thinking about going down maybe tues/ wed though not sure yet really

More than welcome to come down with us if you fancy it.

I booked the train about 10 mins after draw and it was 114 quid, think that is the rate these days?????

Cool Sammy

It is steep

:thumbsup:

It is but i've not been on many Euro trips. In fact this is only my 2nd after Feynoord!

I booked the train about 10 mins after draw and it was 114 quid, think that is the rate these days?????

I've been down to London twice over the summer. The first time I got the ticket the day before the train. The second time I got it weeks in advance. Both times it was that price (although I have a railcard so get 1/3 off).

kylelauren01

Dunfermline & District might run a bus & I'm just waiting on quotes from the bus company. I would be very disappointed if bus was to cost more than ?35 a head. Early plans are to go overnight on the Wednesday, London mid-morning & all day in the city, leave after game & back to Fife for mid morning Friday. Toilet on bus & plenty stops to break the journey up. Will keep posted if anyone is interested. Priority will go to members & those who have travelled with us before, thereafter it will be free scowf for anyone looking to go. Kenny.

slashishere

Dunfermline & District might run a bus & I'm just waiting on quotes from the bus company. I would be very disappointed if bus was to cost more than ?35 a head. Early plans are to go overnight on the Wednesday, London mid-morning & all day in the city, leave after game & back to Fife for mid morning Friday. Toilet on bus & plenty stops to break the journey up. Will keep posted if anyone is interested. Priority will go to members & those who have travelled with us before, thereafter it will be free scowf for anyone looking to go. Kenny.

I'd be interested, let me know if there are any space after you members are booked up, thanks.

For all the people going on own, dinnae worry we're all jambos we all look after our own.

Bring a crate of beer and you will be sound :)

I booked the plane without the lads, 2 got on the same flights 4 haven't shit happens though we're all together :)

Forza Cuore

I'm going down on me jack jones.

megabus overnight wednesday and back to edinburgh friday 9am. 16 quid return.

probably just going to book thursday night in a hostel. prob 20 quid max

match ticket? dunnoe..maybe 40 quid

bring it on :woot:

I've been down to London twice over the summer. The first time I got the ticket the day before the train. The second time I got it weeks in advance. Both times it was that price (although I have a railcard so get 1/3 off).

I have said this many times on here.

If you go to the ticket office at Waverley they will get you a ticket way below any web site.

I have done it many times.

If you were doing an Edinburgh pick up i would be intrested for 2 maybe 3

Let us know how it goes.

Mates are all flying down. I waited to long so getting 5:45 mega us wednesday and meeting them there! Hoping to see other jambos on the bus for a cheeky vimto

You're not the only Jambo on that bus!

Back to 2005

I have said this many times on here.

If you go to the ticket office at Waverley they will get you a ticket way below any web site.

I have done it many times.

Curious about this mate as best i ca get is ?108 return. What sort of savings are we looking at by going to the ticket office?

Curious about this mate as best i ca get is ?108 return. What sort of savings are we looking at by going to the ticket office?

It really depends mate.

But the guys at the counter will get you the best deal available , though sometimes it may involve a change or two.

Going to Cardiff once and the cheapest i could get was ?100+ return online

Went to ticket office ?48 return changing at Birmingham

:)

yvonnejambo

I am all alone flying from Inverness to Luton and back and got hotel seemingly away from everyone I know too, but heyho if i can work my way from Luton to hotel and then meet everyone in London all will be good. So other loners feel free to book into travel lodge park royal I will be there thurs to Sat :)

I am all alone flying from Inverness to Luton and back and got hotel seemingly away from everyone I know too, but heyho if i can work my way from Luton to hotel and then meet everyone in London all will be good. So other loners feel free to book into travel lodge park royal I will be there thurs to Sat :)

European tour and you are no coach eh

:whistling:

yvonnejambo

European tour and you are no coach eh

:whistling:

I know weird eh lol :)

slashishere

Think I've just booked the ulitmate back up plan ?35 all in perth to london including accomodation, anyhting that takes me off that plan is all good in my mind, only thing that matters really is being there at 7.45 at white Hart Lane :-)

Howdy Doody Jambo

Dont be soft , you are not going to be on your Jack Jones , theres going to be half of Gorgie their , Think of Wembley 77 , but Maroon it

slashishere

Dont be soft , you are not going to be on your Jack Jones , theres going to be half of Gorgie their , Think of Wembley 77 , but Maroon it

Yup I'm going now, whatever, can't wait, not going to miss this.

Ill probably be heading down on my own aswell, assuming season ticket holders only get the one ticket, havent booked anything but ill find my way their for my first Hearts european tie :-D

That's how I was looking at it. I've booked on the train myself but in all likelihood i'll meet more Jambos on it so by the end of the journey i'll have a bunch of new mates!!

Archived