1902 - 'Champions of the World'

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

In case you didn't know, Heart of Midlothian have played Spurs once before over two legs.

It was 1902, in a 'World Championship' match - that was the winners of the Scottish and English FA Cups from the previous year.

And over two legs, we won.

First leg: Spurs 0 Hearts 0

Second Leg: Hearts 3 Spurs 1

You see folks, even when Hibs won their last EVER Scottish Cup, Hearts still went one better.

:verysmug:

I see a wee modified run out of "Since 1902" happening down London way in a few weeks :)

[and btw, your old comment got lost in Spursmania threadage but said I loved your sig clip thing and you need to watch this:

]

Hearts Heritage

You see folks, even when Hibs won their last EVER Scottish Cup, Hearts still went one better.

Hibernians were 'World Champions' back in 1887 after they won the Cup for the First time.

The scale of their achievement in 1902 will NEVER be repeated winning the QF, SF and Final at the AWAY grounds of their opponents

Queen's Park

Rangers (Semis were not played at neutral venues until c 1912)

and

Celtic (NB Final only played there because Hampden was getting repaired and Ibrox was closed after the 'Ibrox Disaster'. Last Final to played at a home ground)

Hibernians we salute your achievement from 1902.

colinmaroon

Hibernians were 'World Champions' back in 1887 after they won the Cup for the First time.

The scale of their achievement in 1902 will NEVER be repeated winning the QF, SF and Final at the AWAY grounds of their opponents

Queen's Park

Rangers (Semis were not played at neutral venues until c 1912)

and

Celtic (NB Final only played there because Hampden was getting repaired and Ibrox was closed after the 'Ibrox Disaster'. Last Final to played at a home ground)

Hibernians we salute your achievement from 1902.

Altogether now -

"Oh no we don't"!!!

colinmaroon

I see a wee modified run out of "Since 1902" happening down London way in a few weeks :)

[and btw, your old comment got lost in Spursmania threadage but said I loved your sig clip thing and you need to watch this:

]

That is hilarious!!!

Buffalo Bill

Doh!

I see there's already a 1902 thread. If any Mods reading please feel free to merge.

Oh, and cheers redm.

Archived