Enough is Enough, Hearts must sort this out

topcat

I understand that hiring a new manager can take longer than hailing a taxi

I understand that getting planning permission for a major development can take a long time, especially in Edinburgh.

I understand, through bitter experience, that if you're injured you can't just grit your teeth and shake it off.

I understand that delivering a decent cross from the right may even be as hard as Robbie Neilson makes it look.

I understand that it is unlikely that the team that is selected is going to be an exact match for the one that I would have chosen.

I understand that trying to mark Darcheville for 90 minutes is a hard job.

But what I can't understand is why this sign

attachment.php?attachmentid=405&d=1207252393

actually leads To Section B Seats 14-28

While this one

attachment.php?attachmentid=406&d=1207252393

actually leads To Section B Seats 1-14

Such a basic mistake is scandalous

Unless Hearts promise to sort it out I might not renew

Staircase1_small_thumb.jpg

Staircase2_small_thumb.jpg

Charlie-Brown

Well if you will sit in the 'Toy town' stands that replaced my beloved terracing then it serves you right ;) The Old stand is the only piece of Old Tynecastle remaining and defintely the place to be & where atmosphere is created. The ghosts of Willie Bauld & Tommy Walker know where they are whilst they see the main stand still there :)

I understand that hiring a new manager can take longer than hailing a taxi

I understand that getting planning permission for a major development can take a long time, especially in Edinburgh.

I understand, through bitter experience, that if you're injured you can't just grit your teeth and shake it off.

I understand that delivering a decent cross from the right may even be as hard as Robbie Neilson makes it look.

I understand that it is unlikely that the team that is selected is going to be an exact match for the one that I would have chosen.

I understand that trying to mark Darcheville for 90 minutes is a hard job.

But what I can't understand is why this sign

attachment.php?attachmentid=405&d=1207252393

actually leads To Section B Seats 14-28

While this one

attachment.php?attachmentid=406&d=1207252393

actually leads To Section B Seats 1-14

Such a basic mistake is scandalous

Unless Hearts promise to sort it out I might not renew

I pointed this out to someone official about three years ago - oh yes, we'll need to sort it was the reply!

Only a Game
I pointed this out to someone official about three years ago - oh yes, we'll need to sort it was the reply!

.alan-sugar-amstrad-and-the-apprentice.jpg

Yea i sit in the old main stand and i love it there,will be gutted when its pulled down,but will renew to sit there again

Seymour M Hersh

So it's actually a pre Romanov thing?

Billy Bigtime

Errmm I know where I sit! Don't think I've ever looked at a sign in Tynecastle

Denny Crane

As Montgomery Burns would say: "Well gentlemen you can have your new sign....or you can trade it all in for what's in this box!"

It makes me kind of angry.

angry%20man.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Is that Lee (the elbow) McCulloch?

What I don't get is why the sign says seats 1-14? Isn't the lower tier 1-8 and the upper teir 9-28/30?

What I don't get is why the sign says seats 1-14? Isn't the lower tier 1-8 and the upper teir 9-28/30?

It's the seat numbers, not the row numbers.

To be honest I'm surprised that you all have time to waste on this matter when there are much more important issues to address. To wit, the temperature of the pies.

Billy Bigtime

You mean you don't like 'em the temperature of lava, with a half life of several years?

Think about the weapons grade consistency of the outer shell casing, or the bunker standard thickness of the base.

So much choice!!!!

To be honest I'm surprised that you all have time to waste on this matter when there are much more important issues to address. To wit, the temperature of the pies.

The temperature isn't the main problem it's the scarcity of the nice steak ones of any temperature that needs addressed first of all.

Pies are a pressing issue affecting Scottish football as a whole. I went for a pie before Half time at the Scotland Italy vs game and they're sold out already. Clearly the SFA hadn't thought that giving a load of Scottish people all afternoon in the pub and then staging a football match at dinner time might result in increased demand.

Gordon Smith should resign or at least invite me round to his house for Lasange, Red Kola and a shot on his Scalectrix to make ammends.

Guest JamboRobbo

Do you lot never stop moaning?

You should try looking at the positives now and again.

I think you're all just a bunch of part-time glory hunters. I remember the days when we didn't even have signs, or pies. So you should all think yourselves lucky.

And remember, at least we're still at Tynie.

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

Serge McMurto

As this thread has lurched onto the subject of catering I wondered if anyone else had visited the burger van with what must surely be the dearest burger buns in the world.

1/4 pounder=?2.70......... 1/2 pounder which is two 1/4 pounders on top of each other =?4.00 therefore I assume that the 1/4 pound peices of reconstituted beer mat disguised as meat are worth ?1.30 each and the burger bun is in fact worth ?1.40 !

Rip off...........never!

Hungry Heart

I find the sign mistake charming and giggle when I see people sitting in a seat for the first time head in the wrong direction.

I for one would be sad to see it go, just like the old stand. Too many traditional and reliable things about football are being lost to new dreams. I guess we just have to move with the times.

If its not terracing, its old stands or even now exit signs, they're on the way out too...

Archived