Hearts biggest game

desmondo

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Differentiate between 'big game' and 'big trip'. In the grand scheme of things it's not really a massive game at all but it's probably the most interesting and exciting one we've had since the Cup Final.

colinmaroon

:unsure:

Canny wait, all my prayers were answered today Re a football :thumbsup::woot:

For me, since Bayern!!!

Creepy Lurker

Athens for me, because Champions League qualification was at stake in that one. This is a fantastic trip, but realistically not an unusually huge game.

Hearts Heritage

Bayern, for sure

Really? Bigger than both Cup Finals in1996? The 1998 Final? The 'Champions League' game vs Aberdeen? The 2006 Final?

Hmmm ...

If we're talking European games then it is probably the biggest since either Athens or Schalke. Wins in either of those would have taken us to another level.

rudi must stay

biggest commercial game since Barca, but footballing wise the games in the Europa League group stages were bigger.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Not big at all.

Bayern was huge,win that and into Semis.

Scottish Cups are great to win but hardly huge games.We underperform should be winning every 7/8years.

biggest since Celtic Jan2006 when the ballon popped.If we had won that then the league would have been an option.

Ricardo Quaresma

Really? Bigger than both Cup Finals in1996? The 1998 Final? The 'Champions League' game vs Aberdeen? The 2006 Final?

Hmmm ...

Yes

Have also finished my chips

:lol:

For me, since Bayern!!!

Totally agree Rev. Munich was my first (virgin) trip following the 'famous' to Europe and six further ventures since have not even given me a goal to celebrate. I will of course accept cash donations to my favourite charity to prevent me going to the 'Big Smoke' and bringing further gloom to my fellow Jambos. rolleyes.gif

In terms of prestige it's really pretty small, it's only a qualifier. In terms of the opposition, it's big, Spurs will be one of the favourites to win the tournament.

In Euro terms, since Zagreb (since that would also have put us into the group stage).

colinmaroon

Hmmm ...

I think the theme is biggest European games!

Archived