Our Midfield

Buchy

Well - Rudi, Temps and here's hoping Driver's injury nightmare is over, on the attack/counter.

Black and Mrowiec on the defensive duties and its looking pretty damn good!

Well - Rudi, Temps and here's hoping Driver's injury nightmare is over, on the attack/counter. :thumbsup:

Black and Mrowiec on the defensive duties and its looking pretty damn good! :down:

Don't think Mroweic can play the passing game the new coach is looking for. Not comfortable enough on the ball.

I'd like to see Hammil and Black out of who we have already, But I would really like to see someone else come in. Our passing at the base of midfield looked akward against a very poor side. If we had tried that against Celtic we would have got murdered.

We_are_the_Hearts

Rudi, Temps, Driver and Kyle. Now that's an attacking four to get excited about!! :sergioyay:

JamboAberdeen

Kello

McGowan Jonsson Webby/Zali Grainger

Black Hamill

Temp Rudi Stevo

Sutton

We much improved our midfield in the 2nd half with Hamill-Black pair while Adrian was too immobile to play passing game.

Stevo deserves his place (though maybe until Driver return to full fitness) and Sutton will be more effective with passing game.

Don't think anyone can guess at what the formation will look like. I'm hazarding a guess at 442, so for the midfield

wings: Driver, Temps, Arvy, Suso, Mehdi, Rudi. I'm happy with any 2 of those 4. Drier and Suso would probably be my 1st choices when all fit. I think Mehdi and Rudi will play more centrally more often.

central: Black, Obua, Hammil, Mrowiec, Eggy, Stevo, Mehdi. Black and Obua are probably my top pairing there, but I'd like to see Mehdi and Rudi play. Can't see where either fits into a 442 though.

Eggy I think should concentrate on centre halfery and Stevo def looks more comfy playing upfront but dropping in to take the ball on occasion. He'd be my first choice forward at the moment - above Sutton or 2Ts.

So the team could look like...

Kello

Hammil Webster Zal Grainger

Suso Black Obua Driver

2Ts Stevo

The other option would be Hammil instead of Obua and Gowzer to RB. Then we'd have two hardtackling midfielders who will still get on the ball but more or less let the 4 attacking players do their thing.

I just think playing Rudi or Mehdi in the middle would leave us a bit weak and we'd have to play them instead of a wide man or forward if not necessarily in those positions.

What's clear if that we have options. If everyone stay fit, our squad doesn't need much to have a great season. Keeping Zal and/or Webster fit is imperative. Even just one of them with Eggy next to him is great.

The Old Tolbooth

I think our midfield is extremely weak, if we come up against anyone half decent then we're in for a hiding. We need a decent centre mid, no doubt!

I thought that Black could have been so much more effective if played some passes in a more forward direction - and that last period playing in circles was dreadful!

Gregory House M.D.

Where did this myth of Suso being a good winger come from?! One game against Falkirk?

Personally, I think he's slow, clumsy and his attitude stinks.

Gregory House M.D.

I think our midfield is extremely weak, if we come up against anyone half decent then we're in for a hiding. We need a decent centre mid, no doubt!

Still recoverimg from that 1-1 humping from Rangers... :P

This. Even although in the second half Hamill and Black looked quite neat and tidy it was worrying the fact that Paksi managed to cut through the middle of us on a few occasions, I thought we were a man short in there. As you say against a better team we would have been sliced open.

For all Mrowecic's faults on the ball he does cover and close down quite well.

Where did this myth of Suso being a good winger come from?! One game against Falkirk?

Personally, I think he's slow, clumsy and his attitude stinks.

Probably when he was our best player last season up until he got injured... :look:

I'm just happy we have options.

It would be great to sign a quality DM that could tackle, disrupt and pass - bring back Brellier!

I think my biggest worry at the moment is defence, Webster needs to get his finger out or head right - and would be nice to see Barr kick on, but otherwise the squad is in a good position!

Gregory House M.D.

Probably when he was our best player last season up until he got injured... :look:

Ah, so about 6 games.

Gregory House M.D.

:D

They were playing their playmaker at RM though... :D

Archived