Win sullied

TheBigO

As much as I was delighted that we won last night - and convincingly so - I felt the whole affair was tainted by our goalscorers.

Ryan Stevenson especially. He scored two goals, but he is a midfielder playing up front. He's out of position there because he is a midfielder. I'm not even sure they should count.

We then have Driver and Skacel, two more players who aren't even centre forwards. Rudi Skacel was brought on at a time in the game when we could have done with a 4th goal to really seal the tie. Why bring him on when we have Jamie Walker in the u19s who could have played despite being injured? Calum Paterson has scored a couple of goals for the u19s against mid and lower table EoS teams preseason too.

As I say, I'm happy we won, but in my eyes, none of the goals should have counted.

Independence

As much as I was delighted that we won last night - and convincingly so - I felt the whole affair was tainted by our goalscorers.

Ryan Stevenson especially. He scored two goals, but he is a midfielder playing up front. He's out of position there because he is a midfielder. I'm not even sure they should count.

We then have Driver and Skacel, two more players who aren't even centre forwards. Rudi Skacel was brought on at a time in the game when we could have done with a 4th goal to really seal the tie. Why bring him on when we have Jamie Walker in the u19s who could have played despite being injured? Calum Paterson has scored a couple of goals for the u19s against mid and lower table EoS teams preseason too.

As I say, I'm happy we won, but in my eyes, none of the goals should have counted.

Oh dear what nonsense. When do the schools go back ?

jonathan1874

shouldn't have counted as in nobody but forwards should be allowed to score in general? Im not fussed who scores as long as we win tbh. Would prefer our strikers doing the business but not overley fussed as we won 4-1

So we are out then?

You actually have managed to turn a good point about the lack of or no goals coming from our strikers and only coming from elsewhere, which has been the case for years, into a ludicrous one.

You've put some reasonable arguments on here over the last week or so. Not views I agree with but reasonably thought out.

This threads a shanner though.

Napoleon  Wilson

Piss take post?

:wtf:

Geoff Kilpatrick

I can't believe there are people who think the OP was being serious! :lol::lol:

This. For the uninitiated, the post was dripping with :sarcasm:

Mr Brightside

Some people obviously can't get a joke without the OP being covered in smilies and emoticons.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Hook, line and sinker. Keep on reelin' them in Mr O

you need not worry anyway. i have heard that mr paulo's vlad's preferred formation this season is a 0-0-10.

we are all centre forwards. especially david obua.

Snake Plissken

That people fell for this suggests one should never underestimate the depths of stupidity present on this board.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

That people fell for this suggests one should never underestimate the depths of stupidity present on this board.

Or just in life in general.

Sarcasm a bit I think, if not, this is right up there with that "1-1 away is a better result than 1-2 away" holocaust from last week.

trollman.gif

Yes I agree,it's just like how we didn't deserve to finish third last season because DUFC were better than us,like goals not scored by forwards,points for winning or drawing games shouldn't count as well,only some posters on JKB should have the right to award a league position at the end of the season.

On a less serious note,well done Hearts,good convincing start to Paulo's tenure,long my it continue :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

colinmaroon

Oh dear what nonsense. When do the schools go back ?

Ironing! Ironing!

The age of ironing has passed!

Midloth_Iain

Wasnt their goal scored by a midfielder ?

Wasnt our pen in the 1st leg scored by a 'utility' player ?

So Paksi win 1-0 and we are root toot !

:biggrin:

To be fair to those who did, er...question the veracity of the OP...there have been a fair few absolutely genuine stinkers of threads on the go here lately so...

Still funny though.

:biggrin:

To be fair to those who did, er...question the veracity of the OP...there have been a fair few absolutely genuine stinkers of threads on the go here lately so...

Still funny though.

But redm, it's me we're talking about here - a seal of quality. arp arp (claps hands).

FWIW, I've reported every member who has accused me of trolling. Slanderous.

FWIWIW, Let's hope this season all our players only play the positions they've been allocated on Championship Manager

FWIWIWIWIWIW, the hypocrisy on here amuses me somewhat mostly due its unashamed obviousness

FYI, can somebody help me, I can't decide whether to crank up the KRUPS and have a nice java espresso, maybe a bt of fresh thyme thrown in, or just have a nescaf?. What you think?

You should have had a word with the ref to see if you could have got the goals chalked off as they were scored by midfielders :whistling:

But redm, it's me we're talking about here - a seal of quality. arp arp (claps hands).

FWIWIW, Let's hope this season all our players only play the positions they've been allocated on Championship Manager

FWIWIWIWIWIW, the hypocrisy on here amuses me somewhat mostly due its unashamed obviousness

FYI, can somebody help me, I can't decide whether to crank up the KRUPS and have a nice java espresso, maybe a bt of fresh thyme thrown in, or just have a nescaf?. What you think?

I would just stick to the wine gums if I were you.

This one fits the bill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh2bonnjv70

Ah, maybe not the seal it once was then?

tongue.gif

colinmaroon

Jamaica Blue Mountain much better!

If it was still fashionable to wear one and not look like a plank of the highest order I would doff my cap to you big o well played :)

JamboAberdeen

Have to say we played poorly last night, particularly in the first half.

Defence looked lost, mutual understanding between players were non-existent, our first 2 goals were due to Zibby performance from their goalie.

It was like watching first pre-season game under new manager with massive turnover of players.

But winning game despite playing badly isn't bad thing right?

And we're through to next round, with half-experimental squad, at Paulo's first game in charge.

More things to celebrate than mourn TBH.

Have to say we played poorly last night, particularly in the first half.

Defence looked lost, mutual understanding between players were non-existent, our first 2 goals were due to Zibby performance from their goalie.

It was like watching first pre-season game under new manager with massive turnover of players.

But winning game despite playing badly isn't bad thing right?

And we're through to next round, with half-experimental squad, at Paulo's first game in charge.

More things to celebrate than mourn TBH.

Did see the goals,oh dear yep they were off zibby,and not forgetting key stone kurskis,proportions.

They did say on the radio that the defence looked far to casual and that Zal was very sloppy at times.

Archived