Hearts v Spurs (merged threads)

Footballfirst

RoussetsShorts

Tel Aviv or Tottenham please, Tottenham would be ace actually, we'd get pumped but good fun.

Captain Scarlett

Looks really difficult whoever we get,We can only hope who we get has a couple of off days.

Getintaethem

Tel-aviv is a crackin place, fiver a pint though. Don't fancy going to Moscow. Spurs would hammer us. The Greek team is probably our best chance of qualifying. Is Athletic club Athletico Madrid?

I'll be gutted if we get Bilbao! Would be a brilliant trip - so close to San Sebastian which is possibly the greatest city on earth!

Shame is I'm actually on holiday during the tie - IN EDINBURGH! Ah well, atleast I'll get to the home leg!

Tel-aviv is a crackin place, fiver a pint though. Don't fancy going to Moscow. Spurs would hammer us. The Greek team is probably our best chance of qualifying. Is Athletic club Athletico Madrid?

Buffalo Bill

Heart of Midlothian v Tottenham Hotspur?

It would be like 1902 all over again.

Gregory House M.D.

Athletic Club is Athletic Bilbao

hmfc_liam06

We would be in with a chance if we got a good away result v PAOK or Tel-Aviv. Good being 2-1 defeat or score draw. I have a feeling we will get Spartak.

I P Knightley

Let me get this right.

They've had a draw to pick 5 seeded teams, one of which we'll play against in the knockout before the group stages? And then they're going to have a second draw to establish which one of the 5 it is? They certainly know how to spin out the draw-making process.

I can see one or two teams within the seeds that I'd rather were in Hearts' group but there's none of that lot in group 3 that are duds.

Napoleon  Wilson

Heart of Midlothian v Tottenham Hotspur?

It would be like 1902 all over again.

It looks like we are going to have a real job on our hands with any of those teams. So might as well bring on the Spurs! :thumbsup:

Guest juvehearts

anyone but spurs & were thru i think

i positive we would take spartak moscow, i hope avoid them imo

Its always about progression for me but you can`t help want to draw Spurs or Athletic Bilbao, imo.

Especially Spurs for me. Got family that support them.

Would have liked us to Have had a decent chance of making the group stages, but was always going to be really tough, so on the basis that we will probably go out to most of the seeded team I would be pleased with a trip to white hart lane

maroonshrew

you serious?

I do believe I just shat myself

No son, that was me...

Tough to say the least - if we are going to go out now, it'd be better against the likes of Tottenham - and my English mate is a Tottenham fan, so it'd be good to go to the game with him...

Then slit his throat while he stands; back against the pole where did the same to my betrothed not a day earlier!

boabyarsebiscuit

Cue everyone bumping up flight prices to Salonika with a cheap flight websearch frenzy.

I'll be gutted if we get Bilbao! Would be a brilliant trip - so close to San Sebastian which is possibly the greatest city on earth!

Shame is I'm actually on holiday during the tie - IN EDINBURGH! Ah well, atleast I'll get to the home leg!

According to the web site, the two teams are picked - then go into another bowl and drawn out again to decide who is at home first

Midloth_Iain

So.

Thessalonika

London

Bilbao

Moscow

Tel Aviv.

In terms of winability, we are struggling big time. Greece and Israel at the end of August, start of September - sweltering.

Glamour wise, Spurs or Bilbao for me please. :woot:

Moscow ? Visa issues ? No thanks.

for glamour, Spurs or Athletic Bilbao. For any chance of going through Hapoel or PAOK. for the worst draw possible, Spartak.

Spartak it will be then.

Oneneilberry

PAOK could be winnable ,got a feeling it will be the Russians though (tough game and shit place to go)

Cmon the famous!

Seriously?! we're pretty much out.

Spurs please. They're all really difficult ties. Spurs imo are the best team in that group. Bring it on, what a night that would be. Modric is worth more than our whole debt!!!

for glamour, Spurs or Athletic Bilbao. For any chance of going through Hapoel or PAOK. for the worst draw possible, Spartak.

Spartak it will be then.

At least you`ve been decisive D10, others are Stalin on deciding who they would like to face......... :woot:

Mr Brightside

Anyone but Spartak Moscow, as they will pump us but not be a glamour tie.

I think the other teams can be split in to glamour teams Spurs, Bilbao and fighting chance Tel Aviv, PAOK.

Spartak play on an artificial pitch - no thanks.

on the plus side we'd get another chance to abuse Judas McGeady.

TBH, I'm not sure we've much of a chance against any of them, so Spurs or Bilbao will do me for an trip away !!

ArcticJambo

WHL - what sort of allocation is involved ? Minimum capacity percentages .... Anybody know ?

If I didn't absolutely hate Spurs and think they'd pummel us into the bargain, taht's who I'd want. But I'd like the Israelis, who are undoubtedly our best chance of going through.

There's a plus side to Bilbao. PAOK I think would beat us but should be a good trip for the fans and Moscow I think we're best off avoiding.

WHL - what sort of allocation is involved ? Minimum capacity percentages .... Anybody know ?

I reckon we'd get loads. how interested are Spurs fans going to be in that game?

ArcticJambo

I reckon we'd get loads. how interested are Spurs fans going to be in that game?

Good point. Would make this tie the one we'd want to remind those out there of the potential beyond the usual gasgae suspects.

Saying that, Bilbao would be great ... They appear to love their football there.

Ha ha Rangers are seeded and I don't think they would beat any of the teams they could face.Tottenham or Bilbao are the glamour ties for us.

I don't see a lot there for Rangers to be worried about.

Archived