Mrowiec

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110804/paulo-delighted-with-debut-victory_2241384_2410315

Apologies if it's been mentioned, but kudos are due for this:

"If I make praise for one player, it would have to be Adrian Mrowiec. This guy has a fever of 38c but he told me he wanted to play. This is the kind of guy I want in my team, someone who sacrifices himself for the greater good."

Johanes de Silentio

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110804/paulo-delighted-with-debut-victory_2241384_2410315

Apologies if it's been mentioned, but kudos are due for this:

"If I make praise for one player, it would have to be Adrian Mrowiec. This guy has a fever of 38c but he told me he wanted to play. This is the kind of guy I want in my team, someone who sacrifices himself for the greater good."

Great stuff! :thumbsup:

Hope Webster hears about this.

I dont rate the boy, but if thats true, christ I trust the boy, fair play.

I hear alot of this from fellow fans and I find it very harsh. The type of player he is and the work he does goes un noticed alot, he breaks up the play and moves the ball on he's our 'gattuso'

I just about had a fever of 38c after THAT backpass.

:sweat:

Nah, good attitude from him :thumbsup:

:lol:

I was fuming when Jonsson gave a Paks player a free header. I was the only one, felt like a right d!ck :vrface:

Infact Kello was raging, so it was justified!

Walter Kovacs

Thought the boy played a good game today, if I'm honest. Normally, I'm one of his biggest critics. He's not got an ounce of footballing ability; ask him to pass the ball, and the opposition'll intercept it nine times out of ten. He has a tendency to lose his concentration, too (The 3-3 Motherwell game at home last season was a prime example).

Tonight, however, he did everything we asked of him and, realistically, exactly what we pay him for. He broke up the play in the first half in midfield, and didn't give their creative players any time on the ball. He was hard in the tackle and relatively quick to track back. In the second half, I thought he looked solid at centre half. Admittedly, he wasn't troubled a lot, but even so. Did his bit today. He can go home pleased with himself.

Charlie-Brown

mrowiec is a modern neil berry, totally committed and gets stuck in to do the dirty work for the team, closing down and winning the ball back, needs to immediately get rid of it to his nearest team-mate tho just like chuck!

Webster aka 'white feather' Mrowiec's determination to play tonite puts webster to shame!

If you also noticed, when Mrowiec moved to centre back, out of midfield, Paks' creative midfielders were more effective.

Mrowiec's job is one that you don't notice, meaning he gets very little praise for the work that he does for the team. Last night you seen what happens when he doesn't play in midfield.

I think he's baws. Is ok at tackling but his distribution really let's him down. The amount of times he passes the ball to the other team is unreal. A good team would have punished his mistakes last night.

I think he has had a really good start to the season playing his game. Similar to how he played we went on our good run last season, before he tailed off towards the end of the season.

However I really hope we dont expect him to play centre half for any extended period of time. He isnt a centre half, the 3-3 match with Motherwell proved that for me.

mahgrassyshoes

The Jason Thomson of midfield. Solid defensively, brutal going forward.

Patrick Bateman

I'd go as far to say anyone who thought he had a "good" game last night cannot read a game of football very well. It's a matter of pure luck (and some excellent covering play by others) that we didn't concede three goals directly due to mistakes he made. The number of times he allows players to ghost by him, along with the sheer volume of basic errors he makes, is frightening at times. He's an appalling footballer with little tactical awareness. :ninja:

hearts_crazy

Well that explains how he was a total and utter bombscare last night then. Actually, now that we know all is fine and we got through easily, the backpass was pretty funny really. The guy sprints 20 yards to stop the ball from going out for a throw in on the half way line and makes a ridiculous pass back which goes straight to a Paksi player and sends him clean through on goal. Comedy capers right enough, wasn't funny at the time though, it was 0-0 at the time was it not?

heartsfc_fan

Apart from that back pass, he was one of our best players last night.

hmfc_liam06

He's good as a holding midfielder in a 5 man midfield just purely doing the donkey work however I can't see a place for him in a 4-4-2

I just about had a fever of 38c after THAT backpass.

:sweat:

Nah, good attitude from him :thumbsup:

Which one the first or the second?

maroonshrew

I just think if you play Mrowiec then you really need a VERY creative midfielder alongside him, especially in a 4-4-2 and Black isnt that midfielder. Even when we play three central midfielders. Skacel is the attacking threat but neither Black nor Mrowiec can thread a through ball or set up a goal. This is why Im amazed Robinson hasnt been seen in there yet or maybe Prychenko when fit.

Charlie-Brown

I definitely think it has to be Black OR Mrowiec as defensive midfielder but not both unless we're parking the bus away from home to dig out a result somewhere - otherwise we're too static and square across the midfield and would do better with a more creative player in there (stevenson, holt, taouil, robinson, prychynenko etc)

Southside Jambo

He is a total bomb-scare in central defence. His concentration is poor and continually fails to pick up his man. His strength is in front of the back-line breaking up play. However, he offers nothing going forward and can't weight a pass to save himself. From what I recall, he has played central defence against Motherwell on two occasions and has been the main reason for us shipping 3 goals on both occasions. I just hope Lockie point this out to the new gaffer before Sunday's game..

janie jones

Fair play for his attitude but I wouldn't have him near the team. He slows the game down too much and his passing is poor. The midfield looked much better with Hamill in there. His passing was through the midfield not continually playing it square and he made good angles, playing one two's etc whilst also having some bite. a pity our options are limited on the right side as I think he could really do a job ahead of both Black and Adrian in the middle of the park.

hearts_crazy

No, he wasn't, not by a long long way

:vrface:

He was shocking in midfield but was okay at the back.

I was impressed with Hamill though.

Archived