Blackie

jamborich

rudeskaboyuk

Agreed . I like Blackie and don't understand the flak he seems to get on here. He is a worker with some good passing and has a great touch.

Johanes de Silentio

I agree :thumbsup:

Me too - not great opposition the night, but a cracking performance from Black...

and Eggert, and Temps (latterly), and Stevo...

and Kello.

Gods a Jambo

Agreed . I like Blackie and don't understand the flak he seems to get on here. He is a worker with some good passing and has a great touch.

This.

He was good tonight but here's how I see him....

He wins everything and he works so hard but HIS FINAL PASS IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN.

dalkeithjambo

I have to say I've changed Blacks name to Back!. How many times did the ball go back to a defender or keeper when there was an obvious pass to play more attacking.

Done my head in for the whole game.

Same goes for Zal, some of his distribution was woeful. Especially when not passing to Grainger. Noticed Grainger going nuts at him.

I have to say I've changed Blacks name to Back!. How many times did the ball go back to a defender or keeper when there was an obvious pass to play more attacking.

Done my head in for the whole game.

Same goes for Zal, some of his distribution was woeful. Especially when not passing to Grainger. Noticed Grainger going nuts at him.

This for me too. Did very little positive for the entire game. I'm out and just don't get the love fest for him at all.

Nucky Thompson

He's been outstanding for the 2nd half of last season and the beginning of this. Most improved player at Tynie

maroonshrew

The reason he gets flak is beacause he doesn not creat enough of a goal threat with his creativity and passing. He never opens up a defence with a pass or gets into any positions himself. Now i know he is not there to score goals but surely he could chip in with 5 or 6. After all he is not just a ball winner like Mrowiec or Brellier. If he is the one who is meant to be pulling the strings in midfield then he should create a lot more goals.

Black seemed to win more in the air last night than sutton did. Thought he had a good game last night.

Yep, he was superb. Wish he would maybe have his first look forward when he wins the ball, he always just seems to do the easy thing and pass sideways and back. But then again, Hamill was doing the same. Two of our goals came when we got the ball into Sutton's feet - I'd love if the CM's would fire it into his feet sometimes as opposed to taking the easy option and passing back.

But, yeah, he was great tonight.

dalkeithjambo

hamill goes forward with passes. black goes back

This i agree with, if Blackie would just try and move the ball forward more like he seemed to do quite a bit of last season then i think we have cracking player.

Dont think i noticed him play a pass wrongly to an opposing player last night, just playing back and sideways is annoying when he didnt have to.

Reminds me of Barry ferguson aka CRAB.

It was almost like he was playing rugby except with a round ball and at his feet haha, like the ball cant go forward.

Tokyo Drifter

Not so sure about Blackie. I like him and he gets into space and gets the ball and we all know he's a terrier when it comes to winning it back, but his final delivery is a bit iffy. Never quite knows where to put it when he's got it. That might not be all his fault of course.

Morgaro Gomis

Wow, seems Black can't win with some, no matter his contribution. What's wrong with him passing it sideways, ro creat a bit of space or a better angle for a pass, or backwards to keep the ball when nothing is on? It doesnt always need to get launched forward at the first opportunity. If he had played balls forward and they got cut out, or it didn't work, he'd get abused for losing the ball. When he passes it and we retain possession he gets abused for not going forward, ridiculous. Nothing wrong with a bit keep-ball rather than letting the opposition having it, IMO.

Thought Black and Hammil worked very well together last night, my choice midfield partnership tbh.

Wee Blackie could be a really important player for us. I really do think he has it in his ability wise. Temperament will be his only drawback. Keep it in check, let them kick you, do what you've been told to do and you're there.

The thought of him, Obua and Mehdi as a midfield 3 is a good one, I reckon. He has players in our squad to play football with, he just needs to do it.

plastic_bas

To my mind he is the slowest player I've seen in a hearts jersey. Quite often he is clear favourite to win a loose ball but he only ever seems to get there just in time, nicking the ball away and winning a free kick. He spends so much time being booted up in the air it's ridiculous.

At first I think that's fair enough as he's retained possesion and drawn a foul. However a top player (in the Hartley/Cameron mould) would have the anticipation and pace to reach the ball first and drive at the opposition.

Morgaro Gomis

To my mind he is the slowest player I've seen in a hearts jersey. Quite often he is clear favourite to win a loose ball but he only ever seems to get there just in time, nicking the ball away and winning a free kick. He spends so much time being booted up in the air it's ridiculous.

At first I think that's fair enough as he's retained possesion and drawn a foul. However a top player (in the Hartley/Cameron mould) would have the anticipation and pace to reach the ball first and drive at the opposition.

Ah, so now he's at fault because he gets fouled regularly. That really makes sense.

players foul him as they know the wee hot head would retaliate.

If he could get treated for his wee man syndrome he'd be awesome.

plastic_bas

Ah, so now he's at fault because he gets fouled regularly. That really makes sense.

I think I explained my reasoning quite well actually (not that you have to agree with it of course). He gets fouled because he is slow and doesn't anticipate the play that well. It's the same reason I think he gives away a lot of fouls.

I don't mind Black but if we want to move forward we need a better player in the engine room.

Gregory House M.D.

He keeps the ball too much & gets fouled too much, thus making him shite.

:goodone:

Morgaro Gomis

I think I explained my reasoning quite well actually (not that you have to agree with it of course). He gets fouled because he is slow and doesn't anticipate the play that well. It's the same reason I think he gives away a lot of fouls.

I don't mind Black but if we want to move forward we need a better player in the engine room.

I re-read what you said, and fair enough, I apologize. However, he does what is required and as long as he keeps us in possession of the football, I have no problem with how he goes about it.

He keeps the ball too much & gets fouled too much, thus making him shite.

:goodone:

I agree. Imo, people just try to look for faults due to who he is.

JamboAberdeen

What I noticed last night was that every time Black (or Adrian) received passes from back line, nobody was making run to receive his ball, which left him no option but to pass back to defence.

Our game was too static until Hamill brought in to insert some mobility in the game.

Maybe we're too used to punt-and-hope game under JJ.

Seymour M Hersh

Thought he was his usual garbage self tbh. Doing the Micky Stewart moaning at everyone crap. Just shows how poor that mob were if folk think Black was fantastic.

Gregory House M.D.

I re-read what you said, and fair enough, I apologize. However, he does what is required and as long as he keeps us in possession of the football, I have no problem with how he goes about it.

I agree. Imo, people just try to look for faults due to who he is.

Yupp, The Ned tag he seems to get on here is laughable as well. Very rarely drinks when he's in the pub and is a genuinely nice guy. If you're looking for a ned to fire into, look no further than David Templeton and Gary Glen. Temps has been far worse than Blackie in 2011 but one run of ten good games seems to make him immune from a slagging but Blackie's fair-game. Laughable.

Archived