Grainger

BigAlim

been really impressed with him but, will he last a whole season? we don't seem to have any replacement and i think we will be playing more games than usual this season :verysmug:

Fozzyonthefence

he as been great its a big step up from st johnstone to european football and he has excelled!

I thinking playing for St Johnstone to playing against Paksi is actually a step down, don't you? Paksi are shite and I doubt we would have beaten St Johnstone 4-1 tonight.

mulleted_jambo

I thinking playing for St Johnstone to playing against Paksi is actually a step down, don't you? Paksi are shite and I doubt we would have beaten St Johnstone 4-1 tonight.

Yeah but he was good against the huns and utd too.

Walter Kovacs

He's looked one of our best players this year, which has been a nice surprise. He was the signing I was least excited about, back when we announced the first four. I thought he was a proven SPL grafter, who hadn't quite cut it at Dundee United. Suitable cover for Wallace, but nothing special. At home to United, though, I thought he was the best player on the park for us. Usually, it's when Temps has the ball that my arse edges towards the rim of the seat. Against united, I was urging everyone to play it to Grainger. His delivery's great, he works hard and seems solid defensively. Looked good again tonight, and got the assist for Obua's goal against Rangers. Good bit of business, looking forward to see how he does over the rest of the season.

Arthur Morgan

That wasn't the point he was trying to make... :mellow:

itsnomarooned

Grainger played a superb ball over the top for Stevenson at one point - landed on the proverbial sixpence. As much as I liked Wallace I'm not sure pin-point passing is in his game. Like most I've been hugely impressed so far but we do now appear to be short of cover at LB.

Buffalo Bill

You fault the guy for what he's done so far. Great attitude.

[EDIT] I meant to say, you can't fault the guy.

Jambosr1985

Not sure BB think defensively he gets caught out a bit, early days but, his delivery was not up to scratch last night either.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Was not as good last night, is not in same class as Lee Wallace.

Of course he isn't in the same class, however he has probably been more effective as a set piece threat. When you consider that Wallace was sold for ?1.5m and Grainger purchased for nowt; in my mind that constitutes an outstanding piece of business! :653:

he as been great its a big step up from st johnstone to european football and he has excelled!

This is a good point. Although we aren't a huge club exactly, in Scottish terms, most players coming to us from within the country will be taking a step up. I don't think it's as easy as it looks. Darren Barr looked a player to me at Falkirk, he's looked anything but for us. Stevo looks great now, but it was a massive step up for him and he self-admittedly took some time to adjust. Sutton looks to be struggling to me, but I'm sure he'll get there.

Some players, ofcourse hit the ground running. Has Grainger put one foot wrong yet????

As for backup - Jamie Hammil can play LB. He did so on many occasions for Killie. He's pretty comfy on both feet I think. Be interesting to see where he fits in on a regular basis. He can play both fullbacks and right across midfield (he even played at CH for Killie a couple of times despite being a shortarse). He may be this year's Eggy.

You fault the guy for what he's done so far. Great attitude.

Ha! I just noticed the wee clip in your sig. That's absolutely brilliant. Aw. Love that. :laugh:

As for Grainger, I think he's my favourite signing at the moment. He's not only playing some pretty nice football at times, he's absolutely working his socks off to make an impression. He's pleased to be at Hearts, you can tell, and I like that an awful lot. He gets a thumbs up from me.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

First person to pop a good corner in since Sir PH.

He Who Shall Not Be Named delivered a good corner early on but got progressively more erratic the more games he played

He's looked one of our best players this year, which has been a nice surprise. He was the signing I was least excited about, back when we announced the first four. I thought he was a proven SPL grafter, who hadn't quite cut it at Dundee United. Suitable cover for Wallace, but nothing special. At home to United, though, I thought he was the best player on the park for us. Usually, it's when Temps has the ball that my arse edges towards the rim of the seat. Against united, I was urging everyone to play it to Grainger. His delivery's great, he works hard and seems solid defensively. Looked good again tonight, and got the assist for Obua's goal against Rangers. Good bit of business, looking forward to see how he does over the rest of the season.

:unsure:

my point was, do we need another left back?

i think we need one more to act as cover/competition for grainger as he will miss some games through injury/suspension and no doubt he will have a drop in form where he will need to be rested. So far he is the best of the summer signings

Archived