Sky Internet transfer

Ray Winstone

Ray Winstone

So moved flats at the start of this month and phoned sky to move the address on the account over from my old flat to the new one.

The new flat had an existing dish so just had to plug the sky box in and it was up and running.

When I asked about the internet they said it would take 2 weeks to 'cancel' the internet and phone line from the old flat and then another 10 days after that to get the new phoneline up and running.

Surely in this day and age this timescale is ridiculous!

:seething: at having no reliable wifi for the next month.

fabienleclerq

So moved flats at the start of this month and phoned sky to move the address on the account over from my old flat to the new one.

The new flat had an existing dish so just had to plug the sky box in and it was up and running.

When I asked about the internet they said it would take 2 weeks to 'cancel' the internet and phone line from the old flat and then another 10 days after that to get the new phoneline up and running.

Surely in this day and age this timescale is ridiculous!

:seething: at having no reliable wifi for the next month.

Dont take this as gospel but are the phone lines/internet connections not outsourced to another company?(BT openreach?)

Even if it is its still a bit long though.

Just say your going to leave them for virgin as your not happy at how long this is taking im sure that will move their arses into gear!

Ray Winstone

The nieghbours upstairs have a BT hub that I get full signal from.

Going to go up and offer them a bit of cash to use it for the rest of the month - I am sure they won't turn me down.

Going to go up and offer them a bit of cash to use it for the rest of the month - I am sure they won't turn me down.

?100 should seal the deal, make sure you bring the cashrolleyes.gif when you come up.

BoJack Horseman

Make them an offer they can't refuse.

Archived