Player ratings

Coco

Excellent result and more possession football than in about 3 SPL games. We will not get that much time on the ball for the rest of the season.

Kello - 9 - 2 wonder saves, we need to hold on to him

McGowan - 5 - not tested defensively, struggled on the ball

Jonsson - 7 - solid performance, would be first choice for me

Zaliukas - 4 - passing a real mixed bag

Grainger - 6 - didn't get forward so much, some fabulous dead balls

Mrowiec - 5 - better in midfield than at the back

Black - 7 - made space and moved the ball

Templeton - 5 - ran down blind alleys, one fantastic shot

Driver - 6 - good to see him back, hopefully he will gain some confidence again

Stevenson - 9 - excellent up front, making space, dropping deep and 2 well taken goals - MOTM

Elliott - 3 - we improved when he went off

Sutton - 6 - worked hard but it is not coming off yet

Hammil - 7 - played easy passes, made space, harried and tackled - worth a regular start

Skacel - 7 - talisman scores another goal

iscoredatEEP

Excellent result and more possession football than in about 3 SPL games. We will not get that much time on the ball for the rest of the season.

Stevenson - 9 - excellent up front, making space, dropping deep and 2 well taken goals - MOTM

Hammil - 7 - played easy passes, made space, harried and tackled - worth a regular start

maybe a bit harsh on templeton, but other than that about right

About right, but Id give temps another mark and bump rudi down to a 5. he scored a tap in but other than winning a few fouls wasn't involved much given the little time he was on the park and the scoreline.

Tommy Wiseau

Agree with the vast majority, but thought McGowan was decent and would give him a higher score - always made himself available for a pass and worked hard off the ball to provide options. Some throw on him as well. I would also give MOTM to Kello - he was unbelievably good tonight.

Footballfirst

About right, but Id give temps another mark and bump rudi down to a 5. he scored a tap in but other than winning a few fouls wasn't involved much given the little time he was on the park and the scoreline.

Yup Temps had a decent first half and won a lot of the free kicks, but decision making wasn't great in the 2nd half. Cracking shot that set up Rudi for the 4th goal though.

Toxteth O'Grady

I wouldn't disagree with that. Stevo by far the best on the pitch tonight. His workrate is what we need.

Good result. Switched off at times and relied on a scrappy goal to get us going. I felt they carved out some fairly decent chances considering how poor they were. We could easily have lost two or three goals tonight and their goalkeeper made Zibi look like Shilton.So overall a 6.5/10 performance for me. Liked that we tried to retain possession and maintained patience.

Kello - 7 - Solid as ever

McGowan - 6 - decent perfcormance

Jonsson - 7 - fitting more comfortably into CB role

Zaliukas - 5 - loses concentration to easily for me

Grainger - 8 - find of the season so far

Mrowiec - 5 - mixed bag

Black - 7 - looked like this is his preferred role

Templeton - 6 - often one turn away from genius

Driver - 6 - got better the longer thew game went on. Took his goal well

Stevenson - 8 - one of his best games. Shades MOTM from DG

Elliott - 4 - took a hammering from their defence. Ref was very lenient

Sutton - 4 - nowhere near the palyer we saw in the latter part of last season Hopefully he can offer more.

Hammil - 5 - good shift

Skacel - 5 - always good for a goal

Broxburn_Jambo

I thought Black played really well tonight and would give him an 8. Also thought the ref had a good game apart from the stonewall penalty to us he didn't give.

I'd agree almost entirely with the OP.

I thought Eggert was our MOTM tonight, generally assured and on hand several times to mop up the disasters perpetrated by others. Mainly Mrowiec.

(Mrowiec! That mad back pass, just to save an throw-in in an unthreatening position! What was he thinking?)

Worth noting though that the defence looked much shakier after Zaliukas went off. Just food for thought there.

Yup Temps had a decent first half and won a lot of the free kicks, but decision making wasn't great in the 2nd half. Cracking shot that set up Rudi for the 4th goal though.

I thought the opposite, thought he was pretty poor until we went 2 up, or maybe when rudi came on then Temps seemed to get more involved! We seemed more fluid and flexible when rudi was on, temps, stevo and rudi all interchanging

I thought Eggert was our MOTM tonight, generally assured and on hand several times to mop up the disasters perpetrated by others. Mainly Mrowiec.

(Mrowiec! That mad back pass, just to save an throw-in in an unthreatening position! What was he thinking?)

Worth noting though that the defence looked much shakier after Zaliukas went off. Just food for thought there.

Agree with the vast majority, but thought McGowan was decent and would give him a higher score - always made himself available for a pass and worked hard off the ball to provide options. Some throw on him as well. I would also give MOTM to Kello - he was unbelievably good tonight.

I have to disagree here, McGowan's work with the ball definitely needs some attention. Also, his throw is long, but he doesn't seem able to aim it very well - he rarely found his man.

Good result. Switched off at times and relied on a scrappy goal to get us going. I felt they carved out some fairly decent chances considering how poor they were. We could easily have lost two or three goals tonight and their goalkeeper made Zibi look like Shilton.So overall a 6.5/10 performance for me. Liked that we tried to retain possession and maintained patience.

Kello - 7 - Solid as ever

McGowan - 6 - decent perfcormance

Jonsson - 7 - fitting more comfortably into CB role

Zaliukas - 5 - loses concentration to easily for me

Grainger - 8 - find of the season so far

Mrowiec - 5 - mixed bag

Black - 7 - looked like this is his preferred role

Templeton - 6 - often one turn away from genius

Driver - 6 - got better the longer thew game went on. Took his goal well

Stevenson - 8 - one of his best games. Shades MOTM from DG

Elliott - 4 - took a hammering from their defence. Ref was very lenient

Sutton - 4 - nowhere near the palyer we saw in the latter part of last season Hopefully he can offer more.

Hammil - 5 - good shift

Skacel - 5 - always good for a goal

Harsh on Sutton imo. He set up 2 goals. He'll be a good addition. :thumbsup:

Agree with the majority of the OP's ratings. Thought Black was very good tonight and would give both him and Stevenson 8's as I'd give Kello an 8 too. Not much to do but was always there when we needed him.

Said that to my old man at the match, Eggy was my MOTM.

Superb tonight. Best I have seen from him in ages.

hearts_crazy

The best through ball Paksi had all night. Sergio can't have been impressed with his overall performance.

I agree the defence looked decidedly shaky after Zal went off, worryingly so actually, if that had been a better team we could have got into trouble. I reckon we need more backup there. Was pleased with the way we went about the game overall though, 4-1 without getting out of 3rd gear, canny be bad, and good to be able to celebrate a win, and a few goals at Tynecastle for a wee change.

Libertonian_II

Kello 8 makes the saves when it counts

McGowan 6 worked hard ok defensively

Zaliukas 5 usual mixed performance

Jonsson 7 stepped up to the plate after Zaliukas went off with some good defending

Grainger 8 very impressed so far with this guy

Templeton 6 not a lot came off for him but worked hard

Driver 6 goal would have done his confidence wonders. Looked a bit more slim line too

Black 6 lots of room but never did anything of note. Lots of sideways passing

Mroviec 5 as Black but even less impressive

Elliot 2 12 minutes worth

Stevenson 8 can't complain about 2 goals and a lot of effort so my MoTM

Sutton 6 still not impressed but not too shabby with lay offs in the box

Hamill 5 pass marks but like others in central midfield only good when under no pressure

Skacel 4 got a goal but that's about it

The big problem is still the central midfielders as they rarely create anything of note in an attacking sense

Hungry hippo

I thought Black played really well tonight and would give him an 8. Also thought the ref had a good game apart from the stonewall penalty to us he didn't give.

Completely disagree re Black. Thought he hid from from the ball in the first half when we desperately needed him or Mrowiec to make themselves available. He did better in the 2nd half but it's easy to take the ball once you're 3 goals up at home.

There's too much onus on our central defenders to find the perfect pass. The midfield should be looking to take on that responsibility but we don't have anyone capable at present. Stevenson showed them the idea on a couple of occasions but he's our best striker these days IMO.

rudi must stay

Kello - 7 a few very good saves, although they probably weren't match-winning as we had far too much for Paksi

McGowan - 6 same as Sunday he looks useless going forward

Zaluikas - 6 was playing fine until he was subbed due to injury

Jonsson - 8 MOTM a superb game from him, made a number of important tackles and was even decent attacking

Grainger - 7 not sure about him defensively but he definatly causes teams problems

Templeton - 7 the Templeton of old, skipped passed their defenders with ease.

Mrowiec - 6 a solid game from him, although he did look a bit shaky in defence

Stevenson - 7 not sure about the first goal (it was quite a major goalkeeping error) but he took the 2nd goal very well

Black - 6 worked hard in the midfield but his passing let him down

Driver - 6 did what he had to, he was never going to try too hard due to his fitness at the moment but he looked strong on the ball and took his goal well

Elliott - 5 unlucky with the injury he started the game quite well

subs -

Sutton - 6 much more committed performance from him and he was unlucky not to get a couple of goals

Skacel - 5 looks like he'll do the same as he did last season, he was barely in the match but still got a goal

Grainger - 6 passed the ball around very well

Cupar Jambo

Completely disagree re Black. Thought he hid from from the ball in the first half when we desperately needed him or Mrowiec to make themselves available. He did better in the 2nd half but it's easy to take the ball once you're 3 goals up at home.

There's too much onus on our central defenders to find the perfect pass. The midfield should be looking to take on that responsibility but we don't have anyone capable at present. Stevenson showed them the idea on a couple of occasions but he's our best striker these days IMO.

I agree there is too much onus on the defenders and unfortunately McGowan Zal and Eggert's distribution is simply awful, even our keeper is a far better passer than any of these three.It is ok playing as we did tonight keeping the ball but we have no-one capable of picking the big pass at the right time

Kello - 8 - good performance as always

McGowan - 6 - like him, would like to see him play with a bit more confidence, he was hesitant at times.

Jonsson - 7 - some really good tackles tonight and totally committed.

Zaliukas - 6 - injured early on

Grainger - 8 - our best close season signing - great corners tonight, frees not quite there

Mrowiec - 7 - did a lot of good stuff but could have cost us a goal

Black - 6 - not sure, steady, not the hardest worker, no telling passes (again)

Templeton - 6 - quiet night, but always has his moments.

Driver - 6 - worked hard but not yet 100%

Stevenson - 9 - without question MOM, and thats for overall contribution, not just the 2 goals.

Elliott - 5 - unlucky with early injury

Sutton - 6 - worked hard, needs a goal, I was willing him to get that one late on tonight.

Hammil - 7 - impressed by him, can do everything that Black does without the agro. Bit one footed

Skacel - 7 - looked good and will always give us a goal threat.

He was a local lad too

:whistling:

jambos are go!

mroweic is an automatic choice for the holding midfield role IMO. Bar none at the club at the moment.

Jamboman1512

mroweic is an automatic choice for the holding midfield role IMO. Bar none at the club at the moment.

totally agree, one bad moment with that attempted pass back but we should also take into consideration that he wasnt 100%

Paulo admitted he prefers not to single individual players out for praise, however on this occasion he bent his rules slightly, saying: "If I make praise for one player, it would have to be Adrian Mrowiec. This guy has a fever of 38c but he told me he wanted to play. This is the kind of guy I want in my team, someone who sacrifices himself for the greater good.

Kirky Jambo

Fair play to Mrowiec wanting to play, but I thought he had a shocker tonight! My take was

Kello - 8 - didn't put a foot wrong and 2 fantastic saves. Came and collected well when needed.

McGowan - 7 - looked solid defensively, agree about not doing much on the ball but suppose he is naturally a CB

Jonsson - 6 - CB best position but can't lead a defensive line to save himself, defence far worse after Zal went off

Zaliukas - 7 - Lost most aerial challenges unusually, but positional sense better than any other defenders

Grainger - 6 - Couple of good blocks but probably caused by bad positional sense, have noticed this with him so far

Mrowiec - 4 - Created 2 of their better chances with dodgy back pass and back-header. Some slack passes.

Black - 8 - MOTM for me, calm on ball and kept possession better than most

Templeton - 8 - For me he stood out again, just looks like our best player imo

Driver - 7 - Pretty crap first half but took goal well and saw flashes of old AD in second before subbed

Stevenson - 8 - Can't argue with brace even if keeper at fault. Worked hard.

Elliott - can't say

Sutton - 7 - Useful hold up play, couple of assists, can't complain

Hammill - 7 - Keen to get on ball in DCM role, nothing to shout about but not much wrong

Skacel - 7 - Got a goal, all we ask of him really!

Archived