Hamill

h-e-a-r-t-s

h-e-a-r-t-s

Looking very assured in the middle of the park, big improvement from the first leg and we may have found his position. Just what the doctor ordered.

Looking very assured in the middle of the park, big improvement from the first leg and we may have found his position. Just what the doctor ordered.

Only JJ thought he was a RB!

First off he played Rb all last season. Secondly he played in midfield last week.

To be fair, he was excellent at RB last season there when I saw him against us. Liked the fact tonight that he always wanted the ball, looked like he works well with Black. His performance was typified with about 10 mins to go, he tried an ambitious left-footed shot from 25 yards out which was charged down, and he tracked back to the halfway line to win it back - great stuff.

First off he played Rb all last season. Secondly he played in midfield last week.

JJ played him at right mid last week and he was terrible.

He looked tidy in the middle tonight.

JJ played him at right mid last week and he was terrible.

He looked tidy in the middle tonight.

so miffield then. I thought he did alright last week, hardly terrible.

Looks more confident and willing to get on the ball than both Black and Adrian. Would be happy with him in a holding role and Rudi in front. I have a feeling Serge will bring another midfielder in though.

Hungry hippo

Looks more confident and willing to get on the ball than both Black and Adrian. Would be happy with him in a holding role and Rudi in front. I have a feeling Serge will bring another midfielder in though.

That sums it up for me. The other two never looked for the ball once in the first half.

We desperately need a midfielder who is comfortable on the ball and although Hamill doesn't solve that problem I think he's a better option than what we've got available.

Libertonian_II

Hamill, like Black & Mroviec(first half)looked good when passing it around sideways without any pressure on him. For a defensive midfielder he was posted missing at times when Pakse were trying to drive through the middle.

So far haven't seen anything that suggests he's better than what we had

That sums it up for me. The other two never looked for the ball once in the first half.

We desperately need a midfielder who is comfortable on the ball and although Hamill doesn't solve that problem I think he's a better option than what we've got available.

Agree mate. Black for me is a tough tackler and can rely on to win 50/50s but as a central midfielder just doesn't have enough. He should be finding space in the last third, making runs forward, taking the ball forward and able to pick a pass that is not sideways or backwards. I'm sure Serge will see a gap in the midfield and find a suitable addition.

JamboAberdeen

We had much improved midfield after the break with Black-Hamill pair.

Hamill was more mobile than Adrian, willing to drop down/going forward and presence of him also freed up Black too, more confident and spread ball very well.

Though they might be too light-weighted in SPL, I want to see them this Sunday too.

Rabbie_Burns

looked very composed tonight, never even needed to come out of first gear either

Hamill, like Black & Mroviec(first half)looked good when passing it around sideways without any pressure on him. For a defensive midfielder he was posted missing at times when Pakse were trying to drive through the middle.

So far haven't seen anything that suggests he's better than what we had

sideways is where the wingers are, whats wrong with that?

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Hamill should be in the centre of midfield, not a RB. Much better than Mrowiec.

Would rather have McGowan at RB, or preferably a new out-and-out RB.

Arthur Morgan

I thought Hamill done well in the centre tonight. I prefer him over Mrowiec in there anyway.

I would still like yo see us bring in a quality playmaker and I think we will.

i watched the game last week (thank you streaming) and thought Hammil was excellent,even though it was clearly not his favoured role. so far he has impressed me whenever i seen him and feel the criticism of his positioning is a bit harsh as clearly the problem was big Adrien not having a clue where a centre back should be. this allowed space between midfield and backline,but we were coasting at that stage

Did well tonight when he came on. Paulo will have a few tough decisions in the coming weeks once most of the team is back to full fitness.

Libertonian_II

sideways is where the wingers are, whats wrong with that?

Sideways was where the full backs were. I prefer midfielders that have a bit of guile about them, that little bit extra that creates opportunities for the forwards

Sideways was where the full backs were. I prefer midfielders that have a bit of guile about them, that little bit extra that creates opportunities for the forwards

ive seen mrwoiec and black do it, lots of attacks are built from the full back to the wings also. we all want that little bit extra, but nothin wrong with a sideways pass, us having the ball means they dont.

Jambof3tornado

Always looking for the ball. If he and Grainger are JJs legacy then thanks a million mr jim. Medhi T and Sutton will shine soon too!

heartsfc_fan

I thought he did very well. Him and Black could be a decent partnership.

Libertonian_II

Always looking for the ball. If he and Grainger are JJs legacy then thanks a million mr jim. Medhi T and Sutton will shine soon too!

So far JJ's legacy is confined to Grainger and Stevenson. I'll reserve judgement on Taouil

& Hamill

jambos are go!

the criticisms of Black and Mroweic can only be explained by damaged vision or blind prejudice. Hammil will take over @ RB because the position is there for the taking still. Lost count of the times teamates decided that giving Ryan the ball was not a good option in attacking scenarios.

ive seen mrwoiec and black do it, lots of attacks are built from the full back to the wings also. we all want that little bit extra, but nothin wrong with a sideways pass, us having the ball means they dont.

Slightly different point but it frustrates me how many fans don't realise this! Was it not Pele that said "If you control the ball, you control the score"? He knew a bit about playing football!

Anyway, mini rant over on a most enjoyable night! :D

Guest Jamboinleith

Spot on,medhi could be the link we are missing in midfield(time will tell).and sutton set up 2 goals,his overall play was much better wont be long b4 he scores,sunday will do. :thumbsup:

Archived