Rangers going out is bad for all SPL club

Praha06

It"s new payment where the OF receive payments from the other SPL clubs as thank you for them flying the SPL flag in Europe.

whistling.gif

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14402785.stm

First of all feck them.

What did catch my attention is that Doncaster mentions solidarity payments for SPL clubs. What are these payments all about?

How is Rangers going out bad news for all SPL clubs?

Is this Doncaster saying Rangers are all SPL clubs? I hate the SFA.

Any idea what Uefa pay clubs that reach the Group Stages of the Europa league?

According to wiki its

1st qualifying round: ?90,000

2nd qualifying round: ?90,000

3rd qualifying round: ?90,000

Playoffs: ?90,000

Group stage: ?1,000,000

Group match victory: ?120,000

Group match draw: ?60,000

1st knock out round: ?180,000

2nd knock out round: ?270,000

Quarter-finals: ?360,000

Semi-finals: ?630,000

Losing Finalist: ?2,000,000

Winning the Final: ?3,000,000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Europa_League#Prize_money

What are solidarity payments?

Never have I heard of 'Solidarity Payments'.

Dont believe they exist.

Rangers going out of CL is GOOD for the rest of Scottish football as it stops them getting ?15m more than the rest of us and pulling further away.

allystrachan

doncaster defends the SPL by saying goodwillie' has gone to the EPL and we have alot of managers in the EPL

erm.... surely our league would be better if these good footballers and managers were actually involved in it?

Patrick Bateman

The man has no interest in improving the quality of the Scottish league. This has been evidenced by those comments and his incorrect insistence that a 10 team SPL was the "only" option for going forward. He knows absolutely nothing and should be forced from his position ASAP. He's killing our game.

One or both of the OF have been getting to the CL group stages regularly, and it's led to the shit state we're in now. Two points:

a) the best thing that could happen to Scottish football is a more competitive league without the massive disparity between clubs

and

B) the best thing that could happen to the Scottish national team is for the best young Scottish players to go down south and learn their trade in a quality league!

yabadabadoo1874again

What are solidarity payments?

Never have I heard of 'Solidarity Payments'.

Dont believe they exist.

Rangers going out of CL is GOOD for the rest of Scottish football as it stops them getting ?15m more than the rest of us and pulling further away.

Here here... : )

Dagger Is Back

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/management/finance/news/newsid=80851.html

Date of the article is pretty old but gives a rough idea.

We've probably lost out on ?200k max but Rangers have been deprived of c. ?10m.

I'm fine with that :thumbsup:

Brilliant saves me looking it up. Cheers.

?200K to us is a drop in the ocean given where we are but ?10M to the dirties is a completely different picture. The earlier they and their dirty neighbours crash out of Europe the better.

colinmaroon

Not Fit for Purpose Doncaster reckons that other SPL teams sharing about a million between them is better for Scottish Football because Rangers would get ?14.3 million!

Honestly, that is what that halfwit effectively said!!!

Not Fit for Purpose Doncaster reckons that other SPL teams sharing about a million between them is better for Scottish Football because Rangers would get ?14.3 million!

Honestly, that is what that halfwit effectively said!!!

but you can see where he's coming from.

he isn't considering the comparative figures and the resultant effect within the scottish game.... because there isn't supposed to BE any competition within the scottish game. making the scottish game more competitive doesn't appear to matter for doncaster. simply have the old firm getting more and more money and throw a few scraps down and everyone wins.

has anyone in power actually considered what the benefits could be from a more competitive domestic game?

but you can see where he's coming from.

he isn't considering the comparative figures and the resultant effect within the scottish game.... because there isn't supposed to BE any competition within the scottish game. making the scottish game more competitive doesn't appear to matter for doncaster. simply have the old firm getting more and more money and throw a few scraps down and everyone wins.

has anyone in power actually considered what the benefits could be from a more competitive domestic game?

Indeed the OF think that offering paltry amounts for the best players from their competitive set is akin to them filtering money down through the system but what the Goodwillie transfer shows is that fresh money coming into the SPL from Blackburn is better...

doncaster defends the SPL by saying goodwillie' has gone to the EPL and we have alot of managers in the EPL

erm.... surely our league would be better if these good footballers and managers were actually involved in it?

I know mate - couldn;t believe it when I read that - Is that the height of our game????

These guys are raspers of the highest order and I don't blame VR for not dealing with them

how can we progress when all we do is hate on each other, english clubs will support each other in europe i will be putting on my celtic top in a couple of weeks and beating my wife just like super niel lennon

BobbyJenkins

away and fling pish at yersel doncaster.

This, this badword idiot is just another example of what were up against. ****.

The man has no interest in improving the quality of the Scottish league. This has been evidenced by those comments and his incorrect insistence that a 10 team SPL was the "only" option for going forward. He knows absolutely nothing and should be forced from his position ASAP. He's killing our game.

Absolutely, surely his position is untenable after the 10 team league statement then the following debacle?

Archived