Sergio not Daft

Ricknauskis

Ricknauskis

The reason he has only signed until January is to give Paulo time to look at what he needs and if Rudi fits the bill.

He Realises that he needs someone with Rudis qaulity now to buy him time to bring in others. If Rudi does what everyones hoping and plays well he will win a new contract in January.

Great management in my eyes..... All Hail Sergio

Ricknauskis

I don't think Sergio had a lot to do with this mate.

I Think you'll find he did.

maroonshrew

Yea I think he would probably admit that if asked too. This was Fedetovas and Romanov, not that im complaining.

Yup. if this wad the case then jj would have had him signed up weeks ago. You honestly think sergio is in the job 2 days and the while saga gets dealt with? No chance.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I really doubt Sergio had anything to do with Rudi re-signing and I think this was always going to be the deal he got, though I can't for the life of me work out why it's only until January, unless there is a possibility that his injury is something that might flare up again and so make him ineffective after a few months. On the other hand, it might be nice to think that the new manager's first act was to re-sign someone he sees as an ideal player for his plans for a footballing team. Doesn't really matter as we know we've signed someone who will give us something to cheer about, at least in the short term, and just loves to show the 'L' sign to the Hibs :thumbsup:

I don't think Sergio had a lot to do with this mate.

Correct!

Plus we all know Rudi only plays for the first half of the season.

I'm a bit confused. He didn't need to sign a new deal as Hearts could automatically take the option of a second year without his say-so, but now they have taken half of that that optional year? Is that right?

It was pretty common knowledge that Rudi wanted more money.

Presumably he has been given that but only for 6 months, so that we aren't tied down to paying a fairly large amount for a player who's recent injury problems may not necessarily resolve at his stage in his career.

It was pretty common knowledge that Rudi wanted more money.

Presumably he has been given that but only for 6 months, so that we aren't tied down to paying a fairly large amount for a player who's recent injury problems may not necessarily resolve at his stage in his career.

Was about to post this. In terms of what sounded like the terms of negotiation, this seems win win.

Archived