Close Escape

pupstersajambo

Italian Lambretta

Wasn't he on 20k per week or something like that.

If this is true and Vlad has pulled the plug(not a reference to Zander i may add) :rolleyes: then hopefully any money earmarked for mehmet will be better spent on someone Paulo Segio has identified. :thumbsup:

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Dodged a bullet there... would bring nothing much to the team.

But he did put us out the diddy cup a couple of years ago.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Did the move collapse in the summer or after Mr Jim left the building?

It did indeed.

Clubs in Scotland and England now looking at Mehmet.

He was pretty pish anyway so no great loss. He'll now end up at Fester Road on half the wage he would've got with us.

Billy Mehmet has seen a move to Hearts collapse following Jim Jefferies' departure.

The former St Mirren star is a free agent after departing Turkish club Samsunspor.

He had agreed terms with the SPL club to return to Scotland.

But the move was cancelled as Jefferies departed this week to be replaced by Portuguese coach Paulo Sergio.

Now his representative has confirmed that a number of clubs in England and Scotland are considering a move for the 27-year-old.

"He was set to go in at Hearts, but unfortunately the circumstances changed with Jim Jefferies leaving," his representative Uben Gray confirmed to skysports.com.

"We have already had talks with a number of clubs, both in England and Scotland."

:woot:

Gigolo-Aunt

It did indeed.

Clubs in Scotland and England now looking at Mehmet.

That was a close shave!

Did the move collapse in the summer or after Mr Jim left the building?

It sounds like it was because JJ left the building. Can't believe he was trying to sign him as well has already having Kyle(hopefully fit)and Sutton.

Did JJ seriously think we are ok in the central midfield area? if so then perhaps Vlad was justified in what he did.

I seriously hope that Sergio gets some money to spend and I would hope that he would want a creative Modfielder in pronto.

Jambof3tornado

I think this is an agent using Hearts current high publicity to highlight his players availability. Nothing more. Its all a big game.

jambo in iraq

he actually did ok in turkey, I get the Turkish football out here and saw him score a couple of goals, one against Besiktas that was pretty good. Bit of cheaper version of Kevin Kyle, might have done a job as an impact player once KK had gone through getting elbowed and kicked for 80 minutes.

Gigolo-Aunt

It sounds like it was because JJ left the building. Can't believe he was trying to sign him as well has already having Kyle(hopefully fit)and Sutton.

Did JJ seriously think we are ok in the central midfield area? if so then perhaps Vlad was justified in what he did.

I seriously hope that Sergio gets some money to spend and I would hope that he would want a creative Modfielder in pronto.

Dunno mate. It does not say much for what Mr Jim thought of Glen or Smith.

Or maybe there are serious concerns about how long its going to take to get Kyle match fit.

Alls said and done, it would have been rather a uninspiring signing.

Any of of these "faces" would do...

2010-01-12_creation_1.jpg

Any of of these "faces" would do...

2010-01-12_creation_1.jpg

is that ally mccoist on the left?

and eddie izzard 2nd from right.

Sounds more like his agent using us to highlight his player is available.He'll end up at Hibs

Hope not is truely is honking. Poor man's Nish and that's saying something!

A Modfielder you say? Maybe we should sign the tall lad at the back?

paul-weller-at-kids-football-side-pic-swns-35960268.jpg

Decent SPL striker.

Considering nobody other than Kyle has done well for us up front, we shouldn't turn our noses up.

Jambof3tornado

A Modfielder you say? Maybe we should sign the tall lad at the back?

paul-weller-at-kids-football-side-pic-swns-35960268.jpg

Is that Zola Budd 3rd from the right???

Thank god for that, utter gash. In a way one of many reasons why a potential change of management may be good. Mehmet would only have reinforced JJ's direct style of play. What we need is poacher, with pace excellent movement. Something Sergio may well help with!

Jambof3tornado

Must admit I had to google that one. Showing your age J3t.

haha 38th birthday yesterday.................................I am not old!!!

At least not as old as some of the cronies on here!!!

haha 38th birthday yesterday.................................I am not old!!!

At least not as old as some of the cronies on here!!!

You just keep telling yourself J3T...

The Treasurer

First Diamond and now Mehmet !!!!

Methinks maybe Mr Romanov has "weiled the axe" (copyright- sensationalist red tops) just in time as it looks like JJ has started to lose it big time :o

Tokyo Drifter

That was a close shave!

Not as close as the one Billy's head gets. But ye, close enough.

This ties in well with SergFed mentioning we are still in the market for a few more players. Hopefully now they will be silky and from Portugal rather than baldy and from Paisley.

JamboAberdeen

If that is quality he was looking for, I'm happy not to see JJ in charge any more.

Never proven in SPL.

No different from what we already have.

Our problem is not striker, rather lack of creativity in the middle of the park.

Off course it could be just a agent talk trying to stir up interest on his player.

Tommy Wiseau

Billy ****ing Mehmet??

VBXv5.gif

Sackable offence in itself imo. Do me a favour Mr Jim. :cornette:

Archived