Favourite European Moments

Alan_R

the sheer shock and joy of listening to the away game versus austria vienna and hearts winning a tie that looked impossible.

the last minute john colquhoun goal at home versus velez mostar that made that tie safe.

the bayern home match. beating one of europe's biggest teams and getting within touching distance of the uefa cup semi finals.

brilliant home wins versus bologna and atletico madrid.

THAT glyn snodin free kick versus slavia prague.

beating sporting braga to reach our first european group stages.

going ahead versus AEK athens and actually starting to think we were going to the CL group stage.

and many more.

:)

Leipzig also for me, after Hamburg John Haggart said there was a difference in standard between Scottish and European teams, he may just have been on to something there!

PauloSergioBentoBrito

My first european night was at home to FC Lantana who looked like Dunfermline if I remember correctly, I think we won 5-0?

PauloSergioBentoBrito

Miko getting the goal against AEK!

The second goal going in against Zagreb and thinking 'wait a minute'

Sexton Hardcastle

The home leg against Bordeaux.

THAT goal and when Stamp knocked in only be be flagged offside.

peebles jambo

Leipzig 5-1. Then seeing a team of Hamburg's quality the following round.

good call, the shed was rocking the night of the leipzig game, did hamburg not go on to win the cup that year,they were awesome

Paris '84

Arriving skint as my wallet was nicked.

Getting gubbed 4 - 0

Refusing to leave the stadium

Sleeping in a flowerbed under the Eiffel Tower and in the luggage hold of the bus.

Thieving a mars Bar on the ferry back to stop me from passing out

I could go on....

The performance against Leipzig was fantastic but Gunter Netzer's performance at Tynecastle

in the next round was even better!

slavia was awesome what a strike.

away game to sparta where despite being beat the singing and atmosphere after the game was amazing.

MDV Braga.

Gordan Petric miss. Great night all the same an makes you proud.

Zagreb was a good night too, showed the true support who don't give up also. That keeper was gash.

To this day i can't fathom out how the attendance for the Bayern game was 26k.Officially,aye but one of the wildest nights i've spent at Tynecastle for sheer atmosphere.

All Euro nights are good IMO so can't wait for this one.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Miko's goal. 32,000 folk going mental as we headed for the CL group stages. Feels like a dream.

MDV Braga.

Gordan Petric miss. Great night all the same an makes you proud.

Zagreb was a good night too, showed the true support who don't give up also. That keeper was gash.

Damage was done in the first leg in Zagreb but if we could have scored a third at Tynecastle they would have been seriously rattled.We can put that to bed by thumping this mob tonight!

alwaysthereinspirit

Remember all the talk when we came back from Hamburg only down 4 - 2. What we would do to them when we got them back to Tynecastle...........................

Leipzig for me too as it was our first European game in years.

The Treasurer

To many to mention but my "firsts" stand out

First home Euro tie - Leipzig

First away Euro tie - Paris

My top 3 in no particular order

Bordeaux away leg - the only other place I've seen us win away from home in Europe was in Dublin v St Patricks

Bayern home leg

Leipzig home leg

Jam Tarts 1874

Remember all the talk when we came back from Hamburg only down 4 - 2. What we would do to them when we got them back to Tynecastle...........................

Leipzig for me too as it was our first European game in years.

Yup, I distinctly remember believing it would be no problem, but I was still a pup at the time and Hamburg were just emerging.

Jam Tarts 1874

good call, the shed was rocking the night of the leipzig game, did hamburg not go on to win the cup that year,they were awesome

Yes they won it. Pre-Keegan days for them but they were very much on the up at the time.

Atletico Madrid as it was my first (that I remember, my dad reminds me of others prior to that but I have no recolection), absolute amazing night at tynie.

Bayern then Slavia.

1 - 0 against Bayern. :thumbsup:

I was in the away end for that match and asked a copper if I could get into the School End cos it looked bouncing from where I was. And got politely told "No" :down:

gorgieheart

Bayern at home.....what a strike by Fergie !

Followed closely by FC Basel away !

On the tram back into the city centre from St Jakob Park, packed with Jambo's, bouncing about singing the Neilson song and the Wyness song, tram derailed....priceless.

Sparta Prague away, from the 2-3000 a side football match in old town square during the day to the hearts end in the stadium singing the whole game despite getting pumped out the competition to the singsong through the park on the way back to the city centre and rounded off by the best looking strippers women I've ever seen in my life!

The People's Chimp

Miko's goal. 32,000 folk going mental as we headed for the CL group stages. Feels like a dream.

Hated that game though, was surrounded by a bunch of mugs with foam hands.

...a bit disco

To many to mention but my "firsts" stand out

First home Euro tie - Leipzig

First away Euro tie - Paris

Mine too!

:thumbsup:

Wayne Foster's 45 minutes against Bologna where he played at a level never seen before or since. he was unbelievable that night. that's the magic of European football.

andyscott82

For me it has to be Glynn Snoddin's 80(!) yard free kick against Slavia Prague - my first euro game as a wee laddie and i'd never experienced an atmosphere or a feeling like it! Alhough Miko putting us 1 up v Athens or big Mark De Vries's goal in Bordeaux run it pretty damn close!

fabienleclerq

Hated that game though, was surrounded by a bunch of mugs with foam hands.

Me too mate gimme tynie with ten thousand over murrayfield anyday.

Best Bordeaux away by a mile, braga a distant second and third feyenoord hearts song at the start.

Home game Stuttgart by a long way the best atmosphere at home.

yorkshire jambo

should also have mentioned the early goal versus dukla prague. shed went bananas.

Was that where big Sandy Clark showed us how to "bounce a czech" !!

Bayern Munich (first-ever Euro game; what a atmosphere)

Slavia Prague (for winning goal and incredible crowd noise)

Braga (first and only Euro away jaunt - brilliant wee trip)

maltese jambo

Stuttgart for me ... Remember there was some important school awards event on the same night i was supposed to attend....instead of a Hearts match? No way! Also remember being very frustrated and angry during the game but afterwards thinking how great it really was.

That goal against Munich

Miko putting us briefly on the way to the Champions League Group Stages

Watching the second leg of the Braga Game in packed and rowdy Caley sample rooms.

Followed closely by FC Basel away !

On the tram back into the city centre from St Jakob Park, packed with Jambo's, bouncing about singing the Neilson song and the Wyness song, tram derailed....priceless.

Superb eh? :thumbsup:

The walk back to the city centre was freezing though.

1st Match - Red Star Belgrade at Home sat in the Gorgie end, before it was rebuilt, I must have been 6 years old

Best - The 04/05 Uefa Cup run

Basel the obvious Highlight, great two days, the tram falling off the tracks, the mad celebrations, and being kept at the airport entrance for an eternity the day after waiting to get away.

Feyenoord away singing the hearts song, and then getting cheated by an offside goal and losing a legitimate goal, as well as the uncomfy seats in a great arena.

The atmosphere against Zagreb was electric, shame we lost it so badly away, if stewarts shot that rattled the bar was a few inches lower we could and maybe would have beaten them.

Biggest Euro Regret - not playing Braga, Schalke, Ferencvaros, Aek Athens, and Sparta Prague at Tynecastle, if we had, we would have probably beaten all these teams

JamboAberdeen

Away to Bordeaux, when nobody expected us to get result there and we did!

I lost my memory of return leg though.

Archived