Transfer kitty

JAMMY

Didnt see the press conference at the end as SSN cut it short.did paulo say he would get the chance to bring in more new players??

quincy adams wagstaff

dont think he would have taken the job had vlad not promised he would be able to bring in some of his own players.

He said there should be more money if he needs it, but he needs to see for himself what needs changing.

Hopefully he'll bring a attacking midfielder, another centre half and ??? striker. Keeper if kello goes.

I only think we need 3 players.

He's bound to have decent contacts in Portugal that he can call upon for a blend of youth and experience that wouldn't cost the moon.

As someone mentioned on another thread, free transfer for ex-employee Maniche anyone? :whistling::thumbsup:

He said there should be more money if he needs it, but he needs to see for himself what needs changing.

He has already seen what needs changing I would be surprised if he didn't add to the squad.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

He's bound to have decent contacts in Portugal that he can call upon for a blend of youth and experience that wouldn't cost the moon.

As someone mentioned on another thread, free transfer for ex-employee Maniche anyone? :whistling::thumbsup:

Would love to see Maniche in maroon, but I fear his wage demands may be too large unsure.gif

Would love to see Maniche in maroon, but I fear his wage demands may be too large unsure.gif

I fear that may be a massive understatement!

TBH, providing a really good response tomorrow night from the players, I wouldn't be too disheartened by no more signings before the window shuts. Still think we lack in some areas, but even our poorest areas are well ahead of every team outwith the old firm.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

TBH, providing a really good response tomorrow night from the players, I wouldn't be too disheartened by no more signings before the window shuts. Still think we lack in some areas, but even our poorest areas are well ahead of every team outwith the old firm.

I fear so as well!

I'd agree as well - we do have depth (maybe not depth of quality), but I have a feeling PS will start playing to the strengths of some of our players: Sutton, Temps, Novi, Obua, Elliot, Skacel. If we get them rocking and rolling we'll bag 3rd without too many problems. Also getting Driver and KK back from injury will be like new signings.

Personally, I would prefer one or two more players in, maybe a new CB and reliable midfielder enforcer who can ping a few passes.

Only a Game

Must have missed that part of the press conference.

I dont see why money for decent quality would suddenly become available after Jefferies spent the better part of 4 transfer windows signing Bosmans and chasing modest targets that, as it turned out, were outwith our pocket.

If he has a couple of ideas for players that wouldnt attract a fee, would add to the quality without adding too much to the wage bill, then he might be able to do that. I suspect we'll see at least one other player going before the end of the window anyway so that might free up a little more money.

He'd probably ideally want to bring in a whole raft of his type of player. He wont be here long enough to do that because we're hamstrung with around a dozen players who's contracts would need to expire first to make way for new guys.

I think he can probably work with what he's got. There are enough half decent footballers and enough young prospects around the club. The last manager just didnt see fit to try and use them to best effect.

As Sunday proved right enough!

Without wanting to slate JJ, I feel he got it wrong vs Utd.

As others have said, there's plenty youth knocking on the door waiting for a chance, and others waiting to come back from injury.

I wouldn't say no to other players arriving (providing they are of a decent standard), I just wouldn't be gutted if no more were made.

I fear so as well!

I'd agree as well - we do have depth (maybe not depth of quality), but I have a feeling PS will start playing to the strengths of some of our players: Sutton, Temps, Novi, Obua, Elliot, Skacel. If we get them rocking and rolling we'll bag 3rd without too many problems. Also getting Driver and KK back from injury will be like new signings.

Personally, I would prefer one or two more players in, maybe a new CB and reliable midfielder enforcer who can ping a few passes.

Mate, Driver will never be back, give it up. Maybe KK too, what's that, 9 months now?

Mate, Driver will never be back, give it up. Maybe KK too, what's that, 9 months now?

Players get injured. Players come back from injury.

I'll give you Driver gets injured a lot, but we'll see both Driver and Kyle play for Hearts again, of this I will promise you (providing they aren't sold before the window mind :ermm: )

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

I'm a 'glass is half-full' man, but cheers for taking a pin to my balloon of optimism...

But you may be proved right.

With Wallace gone presumably there are few sellable assets there to move on and generate funds for more players coming in.

Perhaps VR will dip into the files or call a favoured agent and donate a player or two.

maroonshrew

I presume when he says money he means wage bill not transfer fees. Id be surprised if he doesnt bring at least one of his own. God help the guy for the expectation there will be.

Im an optimist on Driver. I think hes had some bad luck but I think he will still be a player for us. Kyles problems are deeper rooted but he will still play a part we just will not and should not rely on him constantly.

Players get injured. Players come back from injury.

I'll give you Driver gets injured a lot, but we'll see both Driver and Kyle play for Hearts again, of this I will promise you (providing they aren't sold before the window mind :ermm: )

Look at Michael Mols. There is still hope they can come good again yet.

Buffalo Bill

I would imagine Paulo will be allowed to get one in before the window shuts; hopefully a centre midfielder.

And maybe he could tempt Diego Capel and Helder Postiga too. Pfft.

I'm sure our paulo will have a couple of players who he thinks can do a job for us after assesing the squad. I would like us to move a few players on though as we have a few guys kicking about that have no chance of first team a action....... Barr for example

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

And maybe he could tempt Diego Capel and Helder Postiga too. Pfft.

Helder Postiga is mediocre at best... give me Sutton anyday!

I'm sure our paulo will have a couple of players who he thinks can do a job for us after assesing the squad. I would like us to move a few players on though as we have a few guys kicking about that have no chance of first team a action....... Barr for example

Barr was on the bench on Saturday so he's a chance... Think he's a versatile and able deputy to have in the squad.

Would get shot of Clum, Glen or Balogh before Barr imo.

Jambof3tornado

We wont be paying fees for players so lets not get too excited. I think we will see 2 at most come in on a free,but expect none at all.

JamboRossi79

With Wallace gone presumably there are few sellable assets there to move on and generate funds for more players coming in.

Perhaps VR will dip into the files or call a favoured agent and donate a player or two.

Maybe even the same agent as Paulo whistling.gif

Gregory House M.D.

Kello

McGowan Zaliukas Jonsson Grainger

Templeton Aguiar Maniche Skacel

Sutton Sturridge.

Please Vlad? :unsure::lol:

Didnt see the press conference at the end as SSN cut it short.did paulo say he would get the chance to bring in more new players??

No

Heard we have a WAR CHEST to make deadline busting swoops.

Excellent - great up front thumbsup.gif

843048-warchest_large.jpg

Spoke to a Portuguese work colleague who follows football over there very closely. He says PS is potentially a very good coach - when he was at Sporting he did well with a poor squad- probably over-achieved with what he had available. Reckons he'll have us playing good football (he's understandably a bit dismissive of the way we play over here) anfd reckons his contacts over there should be good enough to get a few quality players for a reasonable price.

No

I dont see why money for decent quality would suddenly become available after Jefferies spent the better part of 4 transfer windows signing Bosmans and chasing modest targets that, as it turned out, were outwith our pocket.

If he has a couple of ideas for players that wouldnt attract a fee, would add to the quality without adding too much to the wage bill, then he might be able to do that. I suspect we'll see at least one other player going before the end of the window anyway so that might free up a little more money.

He'd probably ideally want to bring in a whole raft of his type of player. He wont be here long enough to do that because we're hamstrung with around a dozen players who's contracts would need to expire first to make way for new guys.

I think he can probably work with what he's got. There are enough half decent footballers and enough young prospects around the club. The last manager just didnt see fit to try and use them to best effect.

Look at Michael Mols. There is still hope they can come good again yet.

may i also add a certain Mr H. Larsson to this chain of thought. Not only did he suffer a horrendous injury, but arguably came back BETTER than before

What if I told you we received ?1.5m from Rangers for a LB, that wasn't previously available.

Howdy Doody Jambo

If he wants to change the way we play then that means a new centre midfield playmaker and surely a new centre half to start with

jamboinglasgow

Spoke to a Portuguese work colleague who follows football over there very closely. He says PS is potentially a very good coach - when he was at Sporting he did well with a poor squad- probably over-achieved with what he had available. Reckons he'll have us playing good football (he's understandably a bit dismissive of the way we play over here) anfd reckons his contacts over there should be good enough to get a few quality players for a reasonable price.

Interesting, would be good if that is the case. Still would like to know how he is with younger players.

Archived