An article the sums up the problem with Scottish football

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

Aplogies that this article is from yesterday and some may have already read it but its worth reading just for the bizarre statements from Alex Smith.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hearts/2011/08/02/jim-jefferies-billy-brown-could-not-have-done-any-more-to-bring-success-to-hearts-says-spl-veteran-alex-smith-86908-23314395/

In it he says that Hearts should be pleased finishing third (in defence of JJ) but comes out with the line "It's just another bizarre decision. I don't think Mr Romanov has ever respected the power of the big Glasgow clubs - either for their history or their achievements in the game."

So to want to do better then third is disrepectful to the old firm. :geek:

Vlads comments today make more sense with articles like this.

The media forget 2006 very easily when they mock us about challenging the old firm.

On a slightly different note, the article says we are still a PLC. Is that true?

jambopompey

think JJ's biggest problem was he respected the old firm too much, his record in both spells show as much

ToadKiller Dog

Alex Smith shows why Scottish football is fecked , Isnt he the current Don of the Scottish football Mafia anyways?

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

I doubt our new manager will respect the old firm either and may actually believe he can beat them.

I hope this will be true . As much as I love Jim , he always gave the Old Firm far too much respect . Just look at the opening game ... we had that mob on toast in the first half but then completely changed tactics at half time .

I don'think Sergio will have that sort of mentality

...a bit disco

"Smith, who is assisting former Jambos skipper Steven Pressley at Falkirk,"

A giant in footballing terms is Alex Smith.

colinmaroon

Smith's attitude is exactly why I despise what Scottish Football has become - the private fiefdom of the Jedwards!!!

His attitude is all that's wrong with the Scottish football psyche - it's as if we were back in the Middle Ages where the robber barons were above the laws that applied to us "serfs"!

The bloke's been a tosser for as long as I can remember and I'm prepared to confidently predict that he'll die one too.

Patrick Bateman

I despise the peasant mentality displayed by many within Scottish football. How many clubs would *actually* speak up for themselves against the Glasgow Cancer? (Can we *please* stop with this 'Jedward' chat, it's awful)

Only ourselves and Dundee United offer any tangible dissent to the bully-boy tactics. The diddy clubs; St Bribery, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Hibernian and the like will constantly bow down to their bigoted masters, accepting their 30 silver pieces whilst taking it from behind. Their servile attitude must change if Scottish football is to truly progress; but I doubt it.

CF11JamTart

presumably Alex Smith told his Aberdeen players this on 11th may 1991.

respect the Old Firm and know your place????

hypocrite.

Teuchterjambo

I was at a Football Dinner do a few years ago when he was the after dinner speaker - absolutely howling, came over as a real self righteous, boring , humourless old fart. It was like being in school listening to the minister come in for a bit of preaching the gospel according to Saint Alex. How he could ever motivate anyone is beyond me - most of the audience just wanted him to finish and get to the bar.

All in all a bit of a tosser and nobody should worry about anything he says - him and Pressley are just made for each other !

Archived