New Look Team

bigman1

Would everyone like to see the same team or a new style with aome of the fringe/young players given a chance?

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

As long as Black isn't involved...

But yes; the younger players need to be involved this season.

Am bracing my self for changes

maybe not in the coming games but defo over th course of the season

I think we should change things abit, by playing a right midfielder at right mid, rather than a centre midfielder.

I think we should change things abit, by playing a right midfielder at right mid, rather than a centre midfielder.

What if all our right midfielders are injured? Ah, you see!!? Not so easy eh.

Not got a clue what to expect. I do hope some youngsters get gametime, but it's important that it's only if they deserve it. No point playing them just cos they're young and we all want to see them.

Suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

quincy adams wagstaff

defo be changes,new managers like to bring in new players.when does the transfer window shut?

We_are_the_Hearts

JJ panicked by playing 4-4-2 on Sunday when we should have stuck to our tried and tested against our closest competitior. Sutton played up front on his own for Well but Humphrey and Murphy either side got up to support him and got crosses in that gave him a chance. We had 2 tougher away games where that support never came for Sutton. At Home V Utd we would have been better playing Novi, Temps and Obua supporting with Black and Mrowiec (not a fan of these 2) sitting. What happened was a formation none of our players looked comfy with. Would expect the new man to play one up front but look to get better and quicker support up there. Very few European teams play with 2 out and out strikers.

I wonder if Sergio will be able to get more end product from Temps? Serious question. If he can, we'll be looking good. If he can't - same question but with Arvy!

Jambosr1985

Fair enough Blackie is not everyones favourite but he was good at Ibrox and was not one of the major failings on Sunday, s'pose we will get the usual chant of give the young boys a chance, we could do with a decent football player in centre mid but cant see us getting one.

Gregory House M.D.

If he sets out like most in the Portuguese league I'm expecting:

Kello

Hammill McGowan Zaliukas Grainger

Obua Black Skacel

Novikovas Sutton Templeton.

Two wingers cutting in to support the Striker, pacey wing backs throwing in crosses and two playmaking CM's with an enforcer in between.

Fair enough Blackie is not everyones favourite but he was good at Ibrox and was not one of the major failings on Sunday, s'pose we will get the usual chant of give the young boys a chance, we could do with a decent football player in centre mid but cant see us getting one.

Blackie has everything he needs in his game to be one of our most important players and first names on the teamsheet. His temperament, on and off the field is what will hold him back. If he can man-up, which is what it comes down to, then he'll be fine and we'll be better for it. If he is too much of a billybigshot ned to do that, which I still suspect, then he'll move downwards in standard and be no use to us in the meantime.

In saying that, I'm sure you'll agree, Jambosr1985, that all of Blackie's problems are our goalie coach, Allan Carswell's fault.

Kello

Obua Black Skacel

Two wingers cutting in to support the Striker, pacey wing backs throwing in crosses and two playmaking CM's with an enforcer in between.

Doesn't look too bad does it? Not sure I'd have McGowan ahead of Eggy at CH, but that looks good.

Not sure I'd class Grainger as pacey! But I see what you mean.

We_are_the_Hearts

Kello

Hammill Webster Zaliukas Grainger

Jonsson New Signing

Taouil Skacel Templeton

Kyle

Kello

Obua Black Skacel

:thumbsup::cool:

Gregory House M.D.

Doesn't look too bad does it? Not sure I'd have McGowan ahead of Eggy at CH, but that looks good.

Not sure I'd class Grainger as pacey! But I see what you mean.

Yeah, Grainger and Hammill tend to position themselves high up the pitch to make up for it though. Not a very good comparison, but, Eric Abidal does it at Barca when he plays.

Left Jonsson out because he hasn't got the passing range that Paulo's maybe looking for, and tends to hoof it clear to make up for it or runs himself into trouble. Same with Zal but he's our strongest CB, no matter how painful he makes watching football :lol:

I would love us to abolish 4-5-1 and actually go out trying to win every game! We have won 1 in 15 yet more often than not play with 1 striker. Hardly surprising we struggle to score goals.

I have no problem if we get beaten by better teams where we have at least tried to compete.

We fell apart after going to Parkhead while challenging at the top and didn't even leave our own half. If your manager doesn't believe you are good enough it's hardly surprising that the players start to feel and perform this way, is it?

Kello

Obua Black Skacel

Yes, we definately need Temps away from the touchline. Surely the new guy won't play Obua?

Yes, we definately need Temps away from the touchline. Surely the new guy won't play Obua?

Why wouldn't he? If he likes the passing game, he almost has to play Obua from the squad we have

Gregory House M.D.

Never seen Temps near the touchline to judge TBF. Obua, like it or not, should be the first name on the teamsheet in a passing line-up. His performance Vs Rangers and 1st half Vs United were different class from TheBigO!

Chris Benoit

Never seen Temps near the touchline to judge TBF. Obua, like it or not, should be the first name on the teamsheet in a passing line-up. His performance Vs Rangers and 1st half Vs United were different class from TheBigO!

Is this the self imposed exile over? :)

For the record if we played that team you put up I think I'd jizz my pants, agree about Obua too :thumbsup:

I'd like to see Temps on the right so that he can cross the ball more often. Ideally with a fit Driver on the other side.

What did he actualy contribute on Sunday? He doesn't score goals, his passing is generally poor and his temperament is dreadfull. Maybe the new manager can change these failings, good luck to them.

Gregory House M.D.

Is this the self imposed exile over? :)

For the record if we played that team you put up I think I'd jizz my pants, agree about Obua too :thumbsup:

Yes, thought I'd let the arseholery of my past posts wear off :lol: Once you post again, especially a blinder like my returning post, it's difficult to return to exile. :lol:

Obua was definitely giving me the urge to come back and revel in the humble pie eating.

Special thanks to ThomasFlogel, for taking a tantrum and coaxing me out of JKB retirement. :thumbsup:

How are people claiming Novikovas should be starting, he had one run and cross for Kevin Kyle's goal in the derby and that's it, he looks like he can hardly get the ball of the ground and loves to run the ball out of play.

Kello

Obua Black Skacel

As an old-fashioned supporter looking for results and entertainment, I'm liking the look of this, HGW B)

Archived