THIS is exactly why I hate Rangers

Rick Grimes

i've already read this article and there's no basis to it. no named rangers official has actually been quoted.

"a high ranking rangers source" said...

"sunsport understands"...

there's nothing to get leeds united about there.

...a bit disco

'THIS IS A CARVE UP'

With a headline like this you can see just where the

Scottish Huns sympathys lie.

SanliHearts

Thats just them, bullying teams into selling them players. Well done to UTD for telling where to go!

They are scum. I know for a fact that Coisty asked GM to speak to Wallace behind the backs of the club when they were trying to sign him. Wallace said there was no danger he would do that. A man with some class amongst scum.

Nicholas Brody

Well done Dundee Utd and too a lesser extent, us. Glad Vlad told them where to go after there initial offer for Lee Wallace. I'm actually surprised Ranger could offer anywhere near the amount Blackburn have offered :blink:

girvanjambo

Instead of seething about Der Hun I'd rather congratulate Dundee Utd and Stephen Thomson. And I hope the Blackburn offer was inferior to Rankgers 5th and 6th offers - why sell one of your best players to a team your trying to compete with when you don't need to?

And I hope Wolves or Everton didn't get as far as tabling a bid for Lee Wallace, or Mad Vlad has not shown the same resolve.

Say What Again

Whether the Huns were offering more up front, any EPL side offering a sell-on clause is a huge carrot. Granted, he could flop, or walk away for nothing, but IF he was a hit, a 15% sell-on clause could be worth another ?1-2m.

Why should Utd gamble that against the ?50k more up front Rangers offered?

GTF Ally, and GIRFUY.

Gigolo-Aunt

Imagine having the audacity on not taking Rangers 1st or 6th bid.

If Rangers wanted to pay what United were looking for at the start of all this, they would have got him.

The Treasurer

Well done Dundee Utd and too a lesser extent, us. Glad Vlad told them where to go after there initial offer for Lee Wallace. I'm actually surprised Ranger could offer anywhere near the amount Blackburn have offered :blink:

I doubt they did offer anything like Blackburn did.

This is just more smoke and mirrors from ibrox and their pet media lackies trying to keep the unwashed thinking that they are really really trying to "spend big" but clubs keep rejecting their "huge offers"

Say What Again
If Rangers wanted to pay what United were looking for at the start of all this, they would have got him.

Spot on.

Instead, they faffed around with (no doubt) structured deals of ?600k etc.

Blackburn came in with proper money and forced Rangers hand.

Kean at Blackburn was quoted in the press saying that he doesn't talk about players they are trying to sign as it's disrespectful to the club that currently owns the player.

Rangers on the other hand use the laptop loyal to try to buy players. How's that working out for you Ally??

Typical weedgie tramps - no class.

Us older JKBers will remember back in the day when Range offered ?1 million (so i was told , but that's not the point) for Levein but were knocked back. So they went after Richard Gough , then at the Arabs also. Jim McLean made it crystal clear clear Gough would never be sold to Rangers ay any price. In the end they did sell him to Spurs who eventually did sell him on to Rangers for the , then , huge fee of ?1.75 million.

Hats off then (unless your hat's already off as you kick it around) to the Arabs for sticking to their guns again on refusing to sell to their competitors.

As for McCoist not being able to 'sell' Rangers to the player - don't you have to have your bid accepted before you can discuss anything with the player ? A fact the Scum ignores. Incredible that the Scum makes Rangers out to be the victims in all this nonsense. Fact is , the bid wasn't the best (highest ?) , it didn't have sell on clause. So make a better offer Rangers.

menstrie1874

Us older JKBers will remember back in the day when Range offered ?1 million (so i was told , but that's not the point) for Levein but were knocked back. So they went after Richard Gough , then at the Arabs also. Jim McLean made it crystal clear clear Gough would never be sold to Rangers ay any price. In the end they did sell him to Spurs who eventually did sell him on to Rangers for the , then , huge fee of ?1.75 million.

Hats off then (unless your hat's already off as you kick it around) to the Arabs for sticking to their guns again on refusing to sell to their competitors.

As for McCoist not being able to 'sell' Rangers to the player - don't you have to have your bid accepted before you can discuss anything with the player ? A fact the Scum ignores. Incredible that the Scum makes Rangers out to be the victims in all this nonsense. Fact is , the bid wasn't the best (highest ?) , it didn't have sell on clause. So make a better offer Rangers.

Agree completly. Cant see why you'ld want to sell one of your best players to your league rivals. Certainly even more so now that the appear to be in a weakend state and could be there for beaten to second.

Tommy Wiseau

Rangers are totally in the right here, tbh.

It's the buying club's decision where a player goes or what bids are accepted, not the selling club's.

Dundee United should be ashamed of themselves.

Super Swally- its no fair that bad man Thompson willnae sell us wee david its pure dead wrong.

Chick dung - i know ally who do they think they are?

Well done thompson in making sure selling your best player wont come back to haunt you :thumbsup:

Rangers are totally in the right here, tbh.

It's the buying club's decision where a player goes or what bids are accepted IF THAT CLUB IS RANGERS, not the selling club's.

Dundee United should be ashamed of themselves.

Just to clarify.:)

Tommy Wiseau

Just to clarify.:)

Thanks. I had forgotten this rule applied only when Rangers were the buying club. :thumbsup:

...a bit disco

Chic Youngs reaction to this will be immense!

Comedy gold coming your way, only on the BBC.

:thumbsup:

Apparently the Rangers fans are going to boycott their teams games at Tannidice in protest..........they just don't get it do they !!

I wish we'd held out on Wallace and they'd threatened the same for Tynie, I for one would have signed their petition !!

McCoist's biggest frustration is that he didn't get the opportunity to talk to the player - convinced that if he did he'd have been able to sell him on a move to Rangers.

That sentence sums up both Rangers & The Scottish Sun for me.

Sadly I caught a wee bit of Real Weedgio driving home last night.

Some throbber with more sovereign rings than fingers was on saying that because Dundee Utd wouldn't sell to Rangers then Rangers shouldn't take any tickets for Tannadice, as that would show them.

Rangers fans - less evolved than a Primary 5 school kid. What next, a ban of Mitre footballs?

jamboinglasgow

McCoist's biggest frustration is that he didn't get the opportunity to talk to the player - convinced that if he did he'd have been able to sell him on a move to Rangers.

That sentence sums up both Rangers & The Scottish Sun for me.

Words fail me. Now the Rangers fans are wanting retaliation by a boycott. Doubt they will go through with it but that also sums them up

Jambosr1985

"They are scum. I know for a fact that Coisty asked GM to speak to Wallace behind the backs of the club when they were trying to sign him. Wallace said there was no danger he would do that. A man with some class amongst scum".

Bullshit.

They are scum. I know for a fact that Coisty asked GM to speak to Wallace behind the backs of the club when they were trying to sign him. Wallace said there was no danger he would do that. A man with some class amongst scum.

So GM passed it on to Wallace? Maybe Romanov is right about him.

McCoist was desperate to sign Goodwillie, because he was their best shot at winning the league.

Bad luck old bean.

:verysmug:

colinmaroon

If you examine the way Rangers have gone about this business, then the only conclusion is that Gordhun Smith is stamping his business acumen all over the Blue Jedward!

Archived