Marian Kello

Martin_T

If fit, must play tomorrow. If he doesn't then it pretty much confirms Sergio as a new VR puppet and instantly plunges the club back into the dark days of 2006 to 2008.

Dalstonjambo

Do these guys know something about Kello we don't.

(get reading paper)

Reading FC goalkeeper in shock loan move to Celtic or Hearts

By Jonny Fordham

August 03, 2011

Alex McCarthy could be in line for a shock season-long loan to Celtic.

The Reading Post understands that Royals are prepared to let the England Under-21 goalkeeper move to Celtic Park on a temporary basis rather than remain as Adam Federici?s understudy for 12 months.

It is understood that McCarthy has held initial talks with Reading manager Brian McDermott and director of football Nick Hammond about the move to the Scottish Premier League.

Hearts were seen as another option for the 6ft 4ins keeper, but that may have changed on Monday after Jim Jeffries became the ninth manager sacked by chairman Vladimir Romanov since 2004.

Follow Royals reporter Jonny Fordham on Twitter here for all the news as it breaks

McCarthy has been tipped to challenge Manchester City?s Joe Hart one day for the England shirt.

The 21-year-old received rave reviews with Reading towards the end of last season when he deputised for Federici after the Aussie keeper was sidelined by a knee injury for six weeks.

McCarthy earned his first clean sheet for Royals in an impressive 1-0 win at Everton in the FA Cup and made 15 appearances in total.

If the rookie keeper were to secure a loan move north of the border, then Denmark Under-21 stopper Mikkel Andersen would be promoted to the No.2 spot.

Royals have strength in depth in the goalkeeping position and are keen for Andersen to experience life as a back-up keeper at a Championship club.

Fourth-choice keeper Ben Hamer was sold to Charlton Athletic on Monday for an undisclosed fee, believed to be around ?250,000.

McDermott said: ?It?s been tough for Ben because he hasn?t played too many games at Reading. He felt the time was right and Charlton is a big club, so the move will be good for him.?

Hamer said: ?When I heard about the interest from Charlton I was very excited. My situation at Reading has remained the same after a couple of seasons.

"I?ve not really been getting a chance with the No.1 position, so this is a good opportunity for me.?

If fit, must play tomorrow. If he doesn't then it pretty much confirms Sergio as a new VR puppet and instantly plunges the club back into the dark days of 2006 to 2008.

Are we gonna do this for every player?

If fit, Grainger must play tomorrow. If he doesn't then it pretty much confirms Sergio as a new VR puppet and instantly plunges the club back into the dark days of 2006 to 2008.

and this is clearly what some Hearts supporters want.

Gigolo-Aunt

Was going to pop along to the ticket office and pick a main stand ticket up. Love a European night at Tynecastle and I'm sure the club would appreciate the extra revenue.

Don't think I will bother now.

sad.gif

Why wouldn't he play ??????

For the same reasons he was 'unavailable' at the tail end of last season.

What have I missed regarding Kello.

Do we know what the issue was that led him to be dropped last season.

Do we know that VR still wants him dropped?

Do we actually know anything regarding the 'Kello situation'?

Must be murder having such paranoia in your head, constantly looking over your shoulder for mad class spies.

Get a grip man

Well, didn't take long for the first "Puppet" thread to appear. :vrface:

thankfully it happened before the puppet has uttered a single word or fielded a single vlad-picked team.

now we know what to expect and are prepared for doom.

Harry Palmer

A preemptive strike of a thread.....

"MAD VALD OOT, Vlad is a dick, I'm no' going back, heid in the sand, Vladsheep, Burley, Liffs..."

Any more bases needing covered?

:unsure:

Well, didn't take long for the first "Puppet" thread to appear. :vrface:

It has a strong basis in fact though doesn't it? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Dalstonjambo

It has a strong basis in fact though doesn't it? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

can you explain why - i'm perplexed as to why it does have basis in fact

Vlad-Stupid

Owner has dealings in team selection shocker ohmy.gif Imagine if this happened at other clubs. Like Chelsea for example. Not in a million yearsrolleyes.gif

mahgrassyshoes

Regardless of fitness, Kello must not play, otherwise we will be back to the 2008-10 days of Laszlo boring football.

:facepalm:

Five to One

I for one, will walk out the ground in disgust if he's fit, but doesn't play.

Be a return to the dark days.

If by "Strong" you mean "minimal" then I agree wholeheartedly

Top post

What valid reason would there be for dropping him?

What valid reason would there be for dropping him?

i think - may be wrong likes - that essexjambo was saying he is perplexed as to the factual basis of this.

i think he may have been looking for FACTS rather than to be asked a question.

:cornette:

Are we gonna do this for every player?

If fit, Grainger must play tomorrow. If he doesn't then it pretty much confirms Sergio as a new VR puppet and instantly plunges the club back into the dark days of 2006 to 2008.

I think I actually quite enjoyed 2006. Can't quite remember why, must have been very, very drunk at the time.

So you believe that Kello was injured at the tail end of last season? Proof will be in the pudding I guess!

So you believe that Kello was injured at the tail end of last season? Proof will be in the pudding I guess!

:cornette:

nay, nay and thrice nay.

would you mind confirming your strong factual basis of the claim that he wont be playing this time?

Maybe we could play John Brough and instantly plunge the club back into the dark days of the very early eighties.

Man, them days were DARK :ninja:

Note - I am not a great lover of Vlad, but c'mon, some of this second guessing is getting really tedious

Dr. Bapswent

Why?

As a new coach, can he not have his own opinion on who is the best keeper?

Tommy Wiseau

A preemptive strike of a thread.....

"MAD VALD OOT, Vlad is a dick, I'm no' going back, heid in the sand, Vladsheep, Burley, Liffs..."

Any more bases needing covered?

:unsure:

Never mind, Arnold. My new pal Geoff Boycott was saying to me the other day that he backs Mr Romanov and is hopeful of good things from our new man, even though he still has a great respect and admiration for JJ. All from under the comfort of his Panama hat.

Lovely man. :thumbsup:

The new coach may decide that Balogh has been great in training and play him.

He may also decide that Calum Elliot has been much better than John Sutton and start him too.

It won't surprise me if we see a very similar team to last week play, it also wouldn't surprise me if it was a completely different team.

The new man is quoted as saying he will keep JJ's game plan for Thursday. Would that not extend to personnel?

You would have to be mad to drop Kello his save from Daly at the weekend was unreal,like Gordon in his prime.

The Treasurer

For the same reasons he was 'unavailable' at the tail end of last season.

Those same reasons that JJ (remember him ?) said he was aware of and in agreement with

The Treasurer

No he wasn't.

How do I know this ?

The CLUB reported that there was "private matters" that meant he was not in the correct frame of mind to play.

A reason that JJ confirmed that he understood and was okay with.

Sorry but you'll need to look elsewhere for your "proof" that the new manager is a puppet

The new coach may decide that Balogh has been great in training and play him.

He may also decide that Calum Elliot has been much better than John Sutton and start him too.

It won't surprise me if we see a very similar team to last week play, it also wouldn't surprise me if it was a completely different team.

Calum Elliot is injured. Phewwwwwwwwwwww :woot:

Do these guys know something about Kello we don't.

(get reading paper)

Reading FC goalkeeper in shock loan move to Celtic or Hearts

By Jonny Fordham

August 03, 2011

Alex McCarthy could be in line for a shock season-long loan to Celtic.

The Reading Post understands that Royals are prepared to let the England Under-21 goalkeeper move to Celtic Park on a temporary basis rather than remain as Adam Federici?s understudy for 12 months.

It is understood that McCarthy has held initial talks with Reading manager Brian McDermott and director of football Nick Hammond about the move to the Scottish Premier League.

Hearts were seen as another option for the 6ft 4ins keeper, but that may have changed on Monday after Jim Jeffries became the ninth manager sacked by chairman Vladimir Romanov since 2004.

Follow Royals reporter Jonny Fordham on Twitter here for all the news as it breaks

McCarthy has been tipped to challenge Manchester City?s Joe Hart one day for the England shirt.

The 21-year-old received rave reviews with Reading towards the end of last season when he deputised for Federici after the Aussie keeper was sidelined by a knee injury for six weeks.

McCarthy earned his first clean sheet for Royals in an impressive 1-0 win at Everton in the FA Cup and made 15 appearances in total.

If the rookie keeper were to secure a loan move north of the border, then Denmark Under-21 stopper Mikkel Andersen would be promoted to the No.2 spot.

Royals have strength in depth in the goalkeeping position and are keen for Andersen to experience life as a back-up keeper at a Championship club.

Fourth-choice keeper Ben Hamer was sold to Charlton Athletic on Monday for an undisclosed fee, believed to be around ?250,000.

McDermott said: ?It?s been tough for Ben because he hasn?t played too many games at Reading. He felt the time was right and Charlton is a big club, so the move will be good for him.?

Hamer said: ?When I heard about the interest from Charlton I was very excited. My situation at Reading has remained the same after a couple of seasons.

"I?ve not really been getting a chance with the No.1 position, so this is a good opportunity for me.?

Hardly anyone on here has a good word for either Balough or MacDonald.

And now we complain if the club tries to strengthen a position we consider to have weak cover in.

In an ideal world Kello would go to Celtic for c.?1.5m and 2 new keepers brought in here.

Cause he's prone to the odd lapse in concentration that people conveniently forget.

I think Kello only has a year to run and has refused a new deal - so maybe we are trying to sell in this window.

If so fair enough.

What have I missed regarding Kello.

Do we know what the issue was that led him to be dropped last season.

Do we know that VR still wants him dropped?

Do we actually know anything regarding the 'Kello situation'?

A couple of days ago a poster outlined the real reasons why Kello was dropped, but the thread was pulled by admin.

I think Kello only has a year to run and has refused a new deal - so maybe we are trying to sell in this window.

If so fair enough.

See my other post, the contract is not the issue. Vlad has a certain view of Kello that can't be repeated for legal reasons.

A couple of days ago a poster outlined the real reasons why Kello was dropped, but the thread was pulled by admin.

Darn! I missed that.

Can the reasons not be posted again with the word "allegedly" written in front?

or can we report what was previously posted?

See my other post, the contract is not the issue. Vlad has a certain view of Kello that can't be repeated for legal reasons.

I see (a bit).

I take it VR's view of Kello is not entirely favourable? For football ability reasons?

I see (a bit).

I take it VR's view of Kello is not entirely favourable? For football ability reasons?

Nothing to do with ability, everheard of Jimmy Gauld?

Nothing to do with ability, everheard of Jimmy Gauld?

And this is entirely factual?

If so he was doing a great job of hiding it?

Sounds like shite to me

I was privvy to the reasons at the time when he was 'dropped' but surely that matter is in the past- hence why play him?

I was privvy to the reasons at the time when he was 'dropped' but surely that matter is in the past- hence why play him?

The manager who played him is no longer here!

Let's see how many games he plays under the new coach!

You would have to be mad to drop Kello his save from Daly at the weekend was unreal,like Gordon in his prime.

Gordon used to get dropped in his prime too.

Cue the laughable Ivanauskas trying to say that Gordon needed rest before the international week ... when Scotland didn't have a game. :down:

Archived