The Chelsea Connection

Rudy T

I'm certain this must have been mentioned - but there's too many threads to read through - so if this is a merge then cool.

But there is seems to be rumours circulating that Sergio's appointment and JJ's removal has a lot to do with Romanov hooking up with Abramovich, where Hearts are used to bring through young Chelsea players with loan moves ?

Clearly they wanted some unity between the styles of play and managers hence the appointment of a portugese manager ?

Utter bollocks dreamt up in someones bedroom or some truth in it ???

Gigolo-Aunt

Would be shocked if Hearts are used as a springboard to develop and then send back to Chelsea their promising youngsters.

Would not fit in with using our academy, bring young players through, sell on for ???????, repeat process.

Yeh, there was a thread yesterday Rudy. Fair enough though - board's kinda unreadable at the mo! Hoep it calms down, I've got a headache just deciding which threads to read!

Anyway, lets assume this is true. Seems unlikely but who knows!

So assuming it's true, I can't decide where I sit on this. On the face of it, 4 or 5 very good players every year - possibly plus a payment, which is sometimes how it works - feeder team gets a wee sweetner each season from Daddy. Could push us that bit closer to the OF and see us truly challenging. All good!

What about our own young players? They're our real lifeblood. They're the ones who at the end of the day we can sell for millions should we do a good job with them.

Now could the Chelsea youngsters and our own play in the team together? Would the quality of the young Chelsea lads drive up the quality of our own? Quite possibly.

What I'd say though, and this is something VR could quite possibly overlook, is that it would be imperative that we had some wise heids in the team - guys with savvy and a bit of SPL in them (though this is less important imo) who can guide and protect both our own and, maybe even moreso, the loanee youngsters. If we go with a team full of kids, especially those from a big club and farflung corners of the earth, I don't see it working and in a way, we wouldn't feel like Hearts any more.

My initial thoughts. I could be talked into or out of it should it happen I reckon!!!

Dunk-Section G

Could well be true.

It doesnt sit with developing youth players from the Academy etc, but Romanov changes his mind so easily that there is no reason why this couldnt be the case.

The Treasurer

Hearts DO NOT take players on loan from other clubs in order to give them game time so that another club can benefit by having a player they can either put straight into their team or sell on at a profit.

That is FACT

Piffle, poppycock and balderdash.

harangue.jpg

Say what you see, Borthers. ;)

I doubt this will come to anything, but if beneficial to us then why not?

cant really see this happening, but maybe what will happen is they give us players they may feel wont make it at chelsea ;)

Jambof3tornado

Why would you use such a terrible league to blood youngsters?

They will only learn how to get kicked into the air. Its too far to keep an eye on their developenent. Plenty championship team to loan your kids to.

Never in a million years.

Fantasy.

Balls.

Guff.

Torres aint doing too well.

Sent him to Tynecastle, as long as Chelsea pay his wages :lol:

Don't think there will be any truth in it at all.

Archived