Backroom staff

Jambosr1985

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Whatever you think of John and Darren Murray it's time for somebody else to have a shot at the academy.

Charlie-Brown

John Murray and Darren Murray and the rest of the Academy staff have seen umpteen first team managers & coaches come and go - why would this change now?

Charlie-Brown

Whatever you think of John and Darren Murray it's time for somebody else to have a shot at the academy.

Why in particular?

Jambosr1985

Charlie coz change would be a good thing, gradual but i reckon things must change, christ we have a world cup type class goalie and the coach is ex juniors, enough said.

mahgrassyshoes

Charlie coz change would be a good thing, gradual but i reckon things must change, christ we have a world cup type class goalie and the coach is ex juniors, enough said.

I'm sure this point has been made to you before, but I'll make it anyway. Real Madrid have many multi-million pound, world cup superstars. Their Head Coach? Someone who played Division 3 in Portugal.... Moral of the story? You don't have to be a super star player to be a good coach.

ignroant to say the least, the academy guys always seem to at least have the lads trying to play good football and generally quite adveturous tactics.

Thery live and die by players gettin into the first team, and to be fair they have held up their end of the bargain.

Drylaw Hearts

Jose Mourinho wasn't much of player but he seemed to do ok.

You don't have to be the greatest player to be a great coach.

Jambof3tornado

Disagree totally.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Why in particular?

Not much reason other than freshening things up in football is often not a bad thing. The return on investment for the academy is also questionable given it's been open for about ten years now.

mahgrassyshoes

Not much reason other than freshening things up in football is often not a bad thing. The return on investment for the academy is also questionable given it's been open for about ten years now.

I think part of that problem is the lack of contiuity at the top rather than what the Murrays are producing. A manager comes in he has to give the first team at his disposal a few months. Then if he gets some good form from them he has to stick with them then a sticky patch comes and he doesn't want to throw youngsters in for fear of his job if they wilt under the pressure so he stick further with the tried and trusted. And when a chance comes round to play the youth again he's on his way out and the cycle starts again.

That is not entirely down to the academy staff though, is it? The "return on investment" is something the whole club needs to work on. The academy can only train up youth players. It is up to the first team management to bring those players through and find the best place for them to play whether at Hearts or elsewhere. Then the board has to secure best price for them.

jamboinglasgow

So what did Alan Carswell do to create this obsession you have over him? And who do you suggest should replace John and Darren Murray?

...a bit disco

Think the Murrays are doing a good job with the youngsters but once they hit 19 its out of their hands.

Archived