Vlads Plan

pinehurst jambo

pinehurst jambo

Was just thinking about the obvious work that Vlad put into lining up Sergio to replace JJ. I suppose they always say in football everything can change over night which is certainly the case here. What if we had pumped Dundee United 4-0 saturday would this have happened? probably not yet and if it did there would have been an even bigger uproar!! The feeling i get among the majority of the fans is quite surprising as most of us are happy with the change. I personally liked JJ although his tactics were poor and would get out coached with ease in Europe. Hopefully we win through on Thursday and then Sergio can earn his paycheck with a run in Europe. I know for a fact as one of the players is a mutual friend of a friend that Lockie is very popular and they want him to stay. We need to get behind the team thursday and push on and have the great season we should with the strong squad in place. Hopefully we get a couple of Segio's old flair players from sporting!!!! A creative midfielder should be his number 1 priority.

Was just thinking about the obvious work that Vlad put into lining up Sergio to replace JJ. I suppose they always say in football everything can change over night which is certainly the case here. What if we had pumped Dundee United 4-0 saturday would this have happened? probably not yet and if it did there would have been an even bigger uproar!! The feeling i get among the majority of the fans is quite surprising as most of us are happy with the change. I personally liked JJ although his tactics were poor and would get out coached with ease in Europe. Hopefully we win through on Thursday and then Sergio can earn his paycheck with a run in Europe. I know for a fact as one of the players is a mutual friend of a friend that Lockie is very popular and they want him to stay. We need to get behind the team thursday and push on and have the great season we should with the strong squad in place. Hopefully we get a couple of Segio's old flair players from sporting!!!! A creative midfielder should be his number 1 priority.

Vlad doesn't have a plan, he makes it up as he goes along.

That's no working so let's try this. Same old sh*t all over again.

Given that Vlad was able to announce the new management team/lackey/lap dog so quickly after JJ was sacked I'd say Vlad always intended to get rid of JJ. IMO, of course.

Appoint a manager get paranoid/fed up sack manager.

He's obviously been looking to appoint someone for a period of time while letting JJ stay in control of the team and plan pre season while Vlad has been fannying about behind his back.

Pathetic way to treat a legend. Pathetic to stick up for the vile man afterwards.

He's obviously been looking to appoint someone for a period of time while letting JJ stay in control of the team and plan pre season while Vlad has been fannying about behind his back.

Pathetic way to treat a legend. Pathetic to stick up for the vile man afterwards.

At what point would it have been ok to sack JJ et al?

Vlad-Stupid

At what point would it have been ok to sack JJ et al?

Some folk think that he is immune to sacking no matter how poor his performance has been. No other clubs operate like this obviouslyrolleyes.gif

Before pre season if he was planning to. Not after JJ brought in various SPL players and had the team ready for the season.

3 days before the Europa league he led us into would have been nice also.

Sack JJ if he pleases, don't treat a legend like shite and plot his departure behind his back though. Be a bit respectful to the club for a feckin change.

JJ's record in Europe was decent. only lost 2 of 11 games and they were to Mallorca and Stuttgart.

Before pre season if he was planning to. Not after JJ brought in various SPL players and had the team ready for the season.

Sack JJ if he pleases, don't treat a legend like shite and plot his departure behind his back though. Be a bit respectful to the club for a feckin change.

But if you are going to sack a manager of a football team, surely you would weigh it up and if you had decided that you were going to, then have a replacement lined up?

Sure, it's Machiavellian...but that's football.

Going by the comments from JJ on the website it seems that this has perhaps been done as amicably as is possible.

Walter Bishop

:interesting:

do you not think that Vlad spoke to JJ about coming back before emptying Lazslo?

Some folk think that he is immune to sacking no matter how poor his performance has been. No other clubs operate like this obviouslyrolleyes.gif

Was the clubs ambitions to finish third last season? Did we achieve this? Does that mean poor performance?

Is plotting to bring another guy in while at least 2 good hearts men are planning on the coming season a respectful way to treat a manager who done and achieved what we set out to achieve? We didnt over or under achieve we finished third with by far the third biggest budget but also miles behind the top two in terms of budget.

But if you are going to sack a manager of a football team, surely you would weigh it up and if you had decided that you were going to, then have a replacement lined up?

Sure, it's Machiavellian...but that's football.

Going by the comments from JJ on the website it seems

that this has perhaps been done as amicably as is possible.

Of course, you do it in the summer though? Not two games into a season with 4 new players brought in by the manager you are planning to replace?

do you not think that Vlad spoke to JJ about coming back before emptying Lazslo?

Was Lazslo punted as soon as the season started or was he given time to work with his summer signings?

Of course, you do it in the summer though? Not two games into a season with 4 new players brought in by the manager you are planning to replace?

Well, I agree, the timing of this debacle is very strange. The Summer may well have been the best time.

But you need to throw in the random object that is Vlad and his brain!

As we all know, it's almost impossible to second guess mad Vlad, however the appointment of Paulo Sergio who has no links to the UBIG triangle, may well smack of some ambition and direction. JJ is a legend, has done a great job in both his spells and it's disappointing he never got the chance to take the team forward, however realistically taking the sentimental hat off, this change may hopefully be for the better. It will bring new direction and culture to our club. Sergio's c.v aint great, however it proves a bold appointment more so than that off a scottish boss for example. Sergio will hopefully bring with him the continental cultures, passing ethos that JJ, as much as we loved the man, never endorsed in the main. Portugal way of playing is very much like that of Spain technically excellant, I for one am excited at the prospect of this appointment. After watching Sunday's lack of a plan B, hoofing the ball from the defence to striker, it time is right to try something different whilst it's early enough to make a differnce. The transition period will be interesting and may require a bit of patience as Sergio trys to stamp his style on the team which will involve bringing in some players (exciting) and getting rid of some (neccessary). I am trying to remain positive on this one, and I willing to embrace this potential positive change. Hopefully I'm not proved wrong!!

Welcome to the real world. It's a nasty place you know!

Does anyone reckon we were party to all of the conversations between VR and JJ? I'm guessing no

So, how do we know that Romanov hadn't made JJ perfectly aware of his expectations way before now? Answer, we don't.

What I'm saying is, that everyone seems to feel that this has been a snap decision taken by VR, and I'm just not convinced that it was. If JJ knew that his coat was on a shoogly peg, he's hardly going to go shouting about it, is he?

Thank you JJ for all you have done, and I have every respect for your exemplary comments in your statement - a true gent of the game

Vlad-Stupid

Jezza, I can understand the way you feel about this but you cant expect emotions to come in to play. Football is a business and Vlad makes business decisions (right or wrong). Hopefully a win on thursday takes the sour taste out our mouths but the decision has been made and we'll all have to live with it.

Was Lazslo punted as soon as the season started or was he given time to work with his summer signings?

who said they were JJs signings?

ROMANOV FAN CLUB

I'm in no way critising what you are saying but mearly pointing out Jim wasn't bothered when he passed Csaba in the corridor as he was shown into the press room to be anounced he was the new manager.

This should have shown Jim how the club run and one day it would be him, taking the walk

The fact the club never officialy anounced his departure until today and offered him the role of Director Of Football showed how much they valued him

There never is a easy way to sack a manager who has so much involvement with a club but I think Vlad had made up his mind at the end of last season and knew he had to have a replacement ready and has only just got who he wanted.

Fair play Hanny hopefully.

Who said they are JJs signings? Really? 4 spl players two of whom he has worked with previously? Scraping the barrel has reached an all time low with that yin.

Ok, Danny graineger was the new guys signing.

Does anyone reckon we were party to all of the conversations between VR and JJ? I'm guessing no

So, how do we know that Romanov hadn't made JJ perfectly aware of his expectations way before now? Answer, we don't.

What I'm saying is, that everyone seems to feel that this has been a snap decision taken by VR, and I'm just not

convinced that it was. If JJ knew that his coat was on a shoogly peg, he's hardly going to go shouting about it, is he?

Thank you JJ for all you have done, and I have every respect for your exemplary comments in your statement - a true gent of the game

Hammil and Medhi both said when they signed working again with JJ was a massive attraction and factor to why they came.

Do you think JJ is the kind of manager who would sell the club to a player and say the player would be in his plans knowing in the back of his head his coat was on a shoogly peg?

I don't think so and I would be dissapointed if the opposite happened.

Big_Hearts_Runner

JJ & BB were victims of their own success. The superb mid-season run we went on that got us threatening to compete at the top/ win the league raised everyone's expectations, including Romanovs. The squad punched above their weight, then with expectations raised when we went on a poor run and scraped third Romanov looked for reasons why we did not fulfill the new found expectations. I think they would have been emptied sooner had we finished fourth...3-0 up at home against Motherwell and drawing 3-3.

I'm not saying the sacking was right just trying to offer an explanation for it.

Paulo Sergio who has no links to the UBIG triangle

You mean like Rix?

I have to say, it looks like as much of a dud appointment as that one. From the zero research I've done outside of the last 3 posts on this thread, it looks like the guy has got no credentials to shout about whatsoever.

Would rather we took a young guy from the lower British leagues than a failure from a big European one who will probably end up having some sort of criminal history that his mum is constantly deleting from wikipedia.

I already miss big, whispery Jim.

Nookie Bear

:interesting:

At least choose a smilie that makes sense or, if you fancy it, argue the point.

Desparate and painful attempt to become a Top Boey, if you ask me.

I think Vlad....knew he had to have a replacement ready and has only just got who he wanted.

Can't understand why it would have taken so long to sign a free agent? Only needed to agree personal terms with Paulo, no other clubs involved?

So Vlad is vile for doing this three games into the season, while it would have been fine if he did it pre-season? Touch of an over-reaction, perhaps? Also, it's wicked of him to have a replacement sorted out in advance, so we don't have a long period of uncertainty - was it wicked when he did the same thing when he lined up JJ before sacking Csaba, or are you just attention seeking here?

JJ & BB were victims of their own success. The superb mid-season run we went on that got us threatening to compete at the top/ win the league raised everyone's expectations, including Romanovs. The squad punched above their weight, then with expectations raised when we went on a poor run and scraped third Romanov looked for reasons why we did not fulfill the new found expectations. I think they would have been emptied sooner had we finished fourth...3-0 up at home against Motherwell and drawing 3-3.

I'm not saying the sacking was right just trying to offer an explanation for it.

If the squad punched above their weight during the good run (which they almost certainly did), they punched a fair way below their weight afterwards, and the manager has to take responsibility for that.

I get the feeling on all the threads that fans are evenly split between those that believe that JJ as a "legend", should never have been fired by the man who saved our club and invested ?40m in it, and those of us who have been watching the games since 2nd January. I can't get rid of the impression that apart from the obvious hobo trolls, there are others on here that believe "supporting" a football team does not include wishing to see good football. I have been watching the team I love for over 60 years and in that time I have seen many legendary players, the terrible trio, Dave McKay, Alex Young, Willie Hamilton, Craig Levein and many others. JJ was a workmanlike and loyal player as he was a manager. None of these nor the present owner was or is indispensable to Heart of Midlothian F.C.

vlad plans change all the time,depending on what mood he is in or the situation,his master plan for HMFC fell at the first hurdle when he realised he couldn't influence the SFA the same way he influence the Lithuanian FA and league,that the OF were,and still are much stronger and bigger teams than he thought,as for his plans for the future of HMFC,well it could go either way,he could sell up and take a massive loss or just sell what he can and take a massive loss.

Not the brightest of business men I've seen,looks like a loose loose situation for him and hopefully we will come out the other end still intact.

I get the feeling on all the threads that fans are evenly split between those that believe that JJ as a "legend", should never have been fired by the man who saved our club and invested ?40m in it, and those of us who have been watching the games since 2nd January. I can't get rid of the impression that apart from the obvious hobo trolls, there are others on here that believe "supporting" a football team does not include wishing to see good football. I have been watching the team I love for over 60 years and in that time I have seen many legendary players, the terrible trio, Dave McKay, Alex Young, Willie Hamilton, Craig Levein and many others. JJ was a workmanlike and loyal player as he was a manager. None of these nor the present owner was or is indispensable to Heart of Midlothian F.C.

Really good post.

I was thinking about Vlads Possible plan last night,

The optimist and dreamer in me thinks maybe Vlad thinks Rangers are there for the taking and with there being 2 Champions league spots up for grabs this season, thinks bringing in a European manager who obviously has some talent before the end of the transfer window and throwing some cash about may let us achieve 2nd in the league, then throw more cash about at the end of the season and qualify for the group stages of the champions league recouping the money and possibly more, a last hurrah to see if it's possible, if you like?

The realist in me see's that vlad has been courting a manager as the results at the end of the season were not good enough,And as much as JJ is a legend, nobody can argue that results should have been better. Therefore Vlad gets his man, the timing may be bad but there is the possibility that negotiations went on longer than Vlad thought. Now he has his man , possibly someone who will not fear the old firm, a challenge can be made in Vlads eyes. Although I think 3rd is the most we will get this season, hopefully it's with a better cup run and more of a challenge to the old firm.

Pissing off supporters is not new to Vlad and the fans have always turned up , Ronan Keating once sang "life is a rollercoaster" Being a Jambo under the reign of Mr Romanov is the same , but I'd rather ride the rollercoaster than go on the swing.

FTH

Being a Hearts supporter has always been a rollercoaster of a ride, as we have seen many highs and just as many lows,

IMO I think Vlad will come out and appease the fans by saying Rudi has signed on for at least another year, and do you think that PS would have taken the job and been told here is what you have got left to work with or do you think he has been told there is money available to strenghten the sqaud?

IIRC JJ said if the season does not get of to a good start then there are funds available for more signings.

All aboard the rollercoaster as I think there is more good to come out than the bad that has been spouted by some on here!!

Perhaps, but JJ got the job on the back of doing the exact same to Csaba.

So Vlad is vile for doing this three games into the season, while it would have been fine if he did it pre-season? Touch of an over-reaction, perhaps? Also, it's wicked of him to have a replacement sorted out in advance, so we don't have a long period of uncertainty - was it wicked when he did the same thing when he lined up JJ before sacking Csaba, or are you just attention seeking here?

Romanov has went behind the managers back and brought in someone else whilst JJ has been adding to the side, preparing the side for the season and building up the side for the coming season.

Unless this all happened after the 1-1 at Ibrox JJ has been shat on, we have brought in players who signed to play for the manager the owner was looking actively to replace and is punted 2 games into the season.

Yes I would say it's vile to treat a club legend like that, as I would say it's vile to keep a nonce on the books and loan him to his other side.

Sorry if you dinnae agree big guy but that's just the way it is.

Perhaps, but JJ got the job on the back of doing the exact same to Csaba.

Nope, Csaba was backed then booted once it was glaringly obvious he wasn't going to turn it around.

JJ got no chance to work with the players he was backed with in the transfer market.

One is a club legend also. One was a manager for a season and actively touted himself for other positions while at the club.

There us a difference SS.

Where has all this came from? Two days ago I thought I was only one of few people that had a different view of JJ and now over 50% of Kickback have transformed overnight. :blink:

Where has all this came from? Two days ago I thought I was only one of few people that had a different view of JJ and now over 50% of Kickback have transformed overnight. :blink:

Correct.

You were slated and slated on here.

Now it seems it's the cool thing to back the sacking of JJ. :mellow:

I never thought I'd ever agree with a word you said, but this is absolutelky correct.

Nope, Csaba was backed then booted once it was glaringly obvious he wasn't going to turn it around.

JJ got no chance to work with the players he was backed with in the transfer market.

One is a club legend also. One was a manager for a season and actively touted himself for other positions while at the club.

There us a difference SS.

I was more making a point on how he was recruited as to why.

Pete Seeger

It's comforting to find a decent rational post in among the pages upon pages of drivel on here just now. Thanks :thumbsup:

Wouldn't say 50%,but certainly the usual suspects who go along with everything their leader says have,ask for their opinion on something,they say one thing two days later the mad one comes out with something different and they turn tail and agree with him,JKB is great so it is.

williamgerrard

Facts the winners of the spl this season gets ?15 million as they go straight into the group stages.As much as i love jj his tactics and subs during a game wasnt that great especially at ibrox when temps went off he shud have brung on nova ie like for like players and against united he should have made changes at halftime it was so ovious dundee utd changed to a 5 man midfeild and temps never really got going i would have subbed him for rudi and subbed eliott for robinson who has pace upfront.Anyway lets hope vlad splashes the cash to make us challangers for the title.

jambopompey

who is to say that Vlad had spoken with JJ over the pre-season and wanted a vast improvement from the run in last season, it never happened and he decided time for a shake up in the coaching staff, allowing the new manager time to learn the players and also time to bring players in before the end of the transfer window.

The offer of DoF does at least show a bit of respect from Vlad towards JJ

ROMANOV FAN CLUB

Can't understand why it would have taken so long to sign a free agent? Only needed to agree personal terms with Paulo, no other clubs involved?

Yeah but how many decisions are delayed by weeks to fit around Vlad's schedule, As much as I don't believe Jim just happen to be out shopping with his mrs in Edinburgh when he got a call to pop over to Tynie when he took over the job.

And just ask Rudi what its like to get a contract out of Vlad from start to finish :D :D

Mac_fae_Gillie

In fairness to VR JJ is 60 and was offered the DoF job,so disrespect was limited,little untactful and terrible timing but isn't it always.

Archived