Gary Locke

jambodale

Has he left with JJ/BB too? I can't seem to find anything that states that he has left the club too. Though the EEN reports Alberto Cabral has been appointed as first team coach. :unsure:

Seymour M Hersh

Has he left with JJ/BB too? I can't seem to find anything that states that he has left the club too. Though the EEN reports Alberto Cabral has been appointed as first team coach. :unsure:

I was wondering that as well. I think he may stay (at least in the short term) for continuity.

kingantti1874

He has the chance to stay on and has been urged by JJ to stay with the club.

if he has the chance to stay he should stay - he cant follow jim and billy around forever

winston churchill

I think he was offered a position to stay on, but not sure what's happened. :unsure:

Stay on as what.

He was JJ's message laddie and the new chap has brought over his own people.

jamboinglasgow

He has the chance to stay on and has been urged by JJ to stay with the club.

It would be a good idea for Locke, getting experience under a different style of manager means he can create his own style (unlike McCoist who has just copied everything Walter did.

Drylaw Hearts

The reporting of this whole episode has been shit.

Hearts give the press a few lines to chew on yet they don't officially bother telling the supporters.

if he has the chance to stay he should stay - he cant follow jim and billy around forever

Like Billy follows Jim.

Lockie should stay as translater :rolleyes:

The reporting of this whole episode has been shit.

Hearts give the press a few lines to chew on yet they don't officially bother telling the supporters.

Care to expand, DH?

There have been pretty quick pronouncements on the Official website this morning. Perhaps more to come at an official press conference/unveiling later on today?

Ryan Gosling

Hearts want him to remain in his current role as first team coach, and as mentioned, he was at training today.

he will probably tell the new guy our players weaknesses and strengths and our best 11 and even pick the team for Thursday

He has been given tomorrow and Thursday off and he will decide his future when he returns on Friday.

He has been asked to stay on in his current role and I would say he is 99% certain to stay on, which he will do with JJ's blessing.

Nothing wrong with Lockie staying. He's a young coach and needs to put himself first just now.

If these Portugese boys are any good then with a bit of luck he might learn something.

Fozzyonthefence

He has been given tomorrow and Thursday off and he will decide his future when he returns on Friday.

He has been asked to stay on in his current role and I would say he is 99% certain to stay on, which he will do with JJ's blessing.

I thought he would be picking or at least helping pick the team for Thursday. Who's going to pick the team now then - PS? Surely, he'll need some help from somebody or are we just going back to the days when Vlad picked the team?

I thought he would be picking or at least helping pick the team for Thursday. Who's going to pick the team now then - PS? Surely, he'll need some help from somebody or are we just going back to the days when Vlad picked the team?

zal will help him out.

I am led to believe that the team will be the same as Sunday with Hamill and Webster(if fit) replacing Black and Mrowiec.

So the team will line up:

Kello

McGowan

Grainger

Zaliukas

Webster

Hamill

Jonsson

Obua

Templeton

Sutton

Elliott

Drylaw Hearts

Care to expand, DH?

There have been pretty quick pronouncements on the Official website this morning. Perhaps more to come at an official press conference/unveiling later on today?

There wasn't a thing on the website until nearly 11 o'clock this morning despite the 'sackings' at around 3pm yesterday.

when vlad picked the team we finished 2nd. the boy sure knows his football.

According to SSN at 1pm they said his position is currently being reviewed.

So I would think it will be bye bye Gary.

If there is one man i want in the dressing room on thursday its Lockey! He is the one who does the prematch talk before debries and we don't lose many of them!

we need a jambo there in some form

or is ian black going to be the only one around tynie

Stay on as what.

Message laddie? Bullshit.

I can only assume Locke has shagged yer missus, hence the bitter assessment of his role at Hearts.

I can only assume Locke has shagged yer missus, hence the bitter assessment of his role at Hearts.

He has nothing positive to say about Hearts ever and is best ignored. Perhaps he'll eventually return to his own club's message board.

...a bit disco

:lol::thumbsup:

Robbo-Jambo

Hope he stays. At least we will someone who cares about the club and knows what they are all about. An important link between the new management, the players and the fans.

he will probably tell the new guy our players weaknesses and strengths and our best 11 and even pick the team for Thursday

ye Gary Locke that well know tactical genius.....

when vlad picked the team we finished 2nd. the boy sure knows his football.

Yup... and he sacked the manager who had us unbeaten and top of the league to finish second. Go Vlad.

vlad on the tyne

Hopefully he does stay. We need someone who is still actually Cares about hearts!

We thought this was the case with stevie fail!

Frail was put into a position that never suited him when he became the manager. By all accounts was meant to have been a very good coach for us before that.

In that case, i think Driver must have dipped his toe in the water too....

Only a Game

I am led to believe that the team will be the same as Sunday with Hamill and Webster(if fit) replacing Black and Mrowiec.

So the team will line up:

Kello

McGowan

Grainger

Zaliukas

Webster

Hamill

Jonsson

Obua

Templeton

Sutton

Elliott

This is now twice youve posted this. Who exactly is "leading you to believe" this. I'm not arguing with the choices, just wondering why it is that the team for Thursday has been picked hours after the new manager has arrived, and not only that, he's leaked it to his very quickly selected ITK gang for onward transmission to kickback.

Only a Game

Blissfully he has apparently been given two days off and, thank the lord, wont be having any input into team selection for Thursday.

This is now twice youve posted this. Who exactly is "leading you to believe" this. I'm not arguing with the choices, just wondering why it is that the team for Thursday has been picked hours after the new manager has arrived, and not only that, he's leaked it to his very quickly selected ITK gang for onward transmission to kickback.

I'm friendly with a couple of players at Hearts and that is the way the team has been set up for Thursday barring any injuries etc.

Baffling thing is that Jefferies apparently chose this line up!!

quincy adams wagstaff

Stay on as what.

he has his own people,but they dont know hearts or the players yet,lockie will be kept on till they find their feet then he will receive the proverbial bullet

Howdy Doody Jambo

Only a fool would make wholesale changes for Thursday mmmmm the mind boggles

Anyway I hope Gary Locke stays and learns from as many coaches that revolve around Tynecastle in the next few seasons and hopefully he will be able to be the manager of the Hearts one day , Stick in Lockie All the best son

I'd like to think that one thing Vlad has learned during his tenure is that whoever he has in charge especially if he's not a native, there has to be someone on the coaching side with local knowledge of the scottish game. Sheesh, how long would it take any johnny foreigner manager without a Scottish no2 to understand the basics ie

1) you don't get penalties against the old firm,

2) The GFA rulebook states that Hearts must get more red cards / yellow cards / massive fines than any other team during the season

3) Neil Lennon can do whatever he likes because the GFA are scared of his lawyer

4) you don't get penalties against the old firm and

5) hibs are sh!te?

Stay on as what.

If you'd ever been to training you'd know GL was very much hands on and far and away from a "message laddie"!

Archived