Jefferies has made his decision according to SSN'JJ Left (merged threads)

BlackhallJambo

tartofmidlothian

Thanks for everything Jim, you've been a great servant to the club.

Back in Europe and unbeaten against Hibs this time out, that was pretty good going...

Too much of a risk, Brown would have went off on his own. No confirmation if Locke is staying on. JJ gets emptied at a later date and no team for management at another club.

Are folk missing the point that just because JJ didnt take it, it doesnt mean that the DOF role ceases to be available?

JJ has gone and despite how I feel about that, we need to move on.

Im not overly convinced by this guy Paulo Sergio...and I have to say Im dreading the DOF appointment. If its any of those idiots previously involved - Malofeev, Korobotchka etc etc I think I might top myself.

Hawick Jambo

Gutted JJ has gone - a great Hearts man. A dignified exit for a fellow Borderer - I wouldn't have expected anything less. Thanks.

Lets see what the future brings although I must admit to being a little apprehensive. I hope I am wrong

jambos are go!

Could it be that JJ knew that at some stage he would be offered the DOF role? Would explain some of this conumdrum IMO.

Thanks again JJ for all you done for our club, I'll never forget that day in May 1998. :thumbsup:

Pleased that this has been handled in a dignified manner by the club and JJ. Like everyone else, I have the utmost respect for JJ and what he has done for Hearts through the years, and especially in 1998.

However, from a footballing perspective, I'm actually quite pleased that he isn't staying on. If the club have decided that Sergio is to be the new manager, I'd much rather he had the freedom to do the job properly without having a director of football looking over his shoulder and checking up on what's happening. Also, if Sergio had a rough patch or did something unpopular, everyone would be wanting JJ to take over again. Much better to have a clean break.

Boab Mugabe

Fair enough Jim. Thanks for the service, the support still has a lot of time for you.

Onwards and hopefully upwards now!

Tommy Wiseau

There's no emoticon for how i feel right now.

And I have no words.

Let's collaborate.

And I have no words.

Let's collaborate.

I sense a rip-off of John Cage's 4min 33secs comng up.

Never been a more suitable moment...

:sob:

And this. :raging:

This club never ceases to amaze me. One home game into the season. I have no idea how VR was ever successful as a business man if he constantly makes knee-jerk and/or spectacularly badly timed decisions.

I hope it proves to be a good decision, but VR just does not seem to grasp - or care - to make the running of the club seamless and as smooth as possible. That type of turmoil and keeping people on edge will all impact on the performance of the team eventually.

I wish JJ a long and happy retirement.

Are folk missing the point that just because JJ didnt take it, it doesnt mean that the DOF role ceases to be available?

JJ has gone and despite how I feel about that, we need to move on.

Im not overly convinced by this guy Paulo Sergio...and I have to say Im dreading the DOF appointment. If its any of those idiots previously involved - Malofeev, Korobotchka etc etc I think I might top myself.

Or maybe the DOF role was only made availiable to JJ should he wish to stay on and there is no vacancy?

Personally glad JJ turned it down, always been more of a training ground manager and I really doubt the more administrative role of DOF would have suited him!

After yesterdays fiasco I was on the "get right into him Jim tell him and everyone what you think,don't take anything from that clown" kinda feeling ,but now,after a good sleep,I have this empty feeling once again about the club I have supported for 42 years and the real sad thing about it is,

1)some clowns are loving every second of it

2) nothing will be done about it.

We have once again become subordinates to a megalomaniac,shame really we used to have a right good support who would take no sh1t from no one,not a fan of this new type of Hearts supporter.

Feel so ,so sorry for you Jim and especially Billy who is a right genuine good guy,one who spoke with truth and honesty about Hearts and football in general,he is a right down to earth guy who will sit and have a blether with you in a boozer,so sorry to see both of you leave in such shocking but predictable way.

janie jones

Thanks for everything Jim, you've been a great servant to the club.

Back in Europe and unbeaten against Hibs this time out, that was pretty good going...

Wonder if there are any previous managers who can say in their spell in charge they didn't lose to Hibs? Despite the recent poor form it is easy to overlook the fact JJ took a team low on morale, spirit and ability and within a season has us challenging at the top of the league and within a season and a half he gave us more great derby moments. Thanks for the many great memories Jim and for one of the best weekends of my life. Good luck in the future.

Archived