JJ as DOF and PS as Gaffer

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

Would certainly shut a few people up on here.

I for one would be rather excited at the prospect.

At the moment the debate is mostly over whether JJ getting the sack was inevitable, or heinous and if he might take the DOF role or shove it up Vlads arse.

But on the whole its negative.

The appointment of PS hasn't got too much attention - but I think he might be a decent capture.

And the possibility of having BOTH JJ and PS behind the team (although slim) is a pretty exciting prospect.

You never know, by the end of today the merry go round spazzfest that is KB over the last 24 hours might just have once again turned from 'were dooooomed' to 'yaaas!'

Hmmmm

Vlad-Stupid

Another Jeffries thread anyone care to share how many weve had is it more than Thomson ? :blink:

Says the guy who starts numerous threads about the same subject on a regular basis laugh.gif

gorgieheart

Does it matter how many Jefferies threads exist.....each one is valid, each one is the opinion of somebody !

Get a grip and either join the topic or look away...simple !

On Topic.....that would be the ideal scenario...lets see whats occurin

GrimUpNorth

Would certainly shut a few people up on here.

I for one would be rather excited at the prospect.

At the moment the debate is mostly over whether JJ getting the sack was inevitable, or heinous and if he might take the DOF role or shove it up Vlads arse.

But on the whole its negative.

The appointment of PS hasn't got too much attention - but I think he might be a decent capture.

And the possibility of having BOTH JJ and PS behind the team (although slim) is a pretty exciting prospect.

You never know, by the end of today the merry go round spazzfest that is KB over the last 24 hours might just have once again turned from 'were dooooomed' to 'yaaas!'

Hmmmm

thats the spazzfest which you've just added another thread to. Congrats

JJ is a proud man.

He is also a football manager. Not a DoF.

He will tell Vlad to GTF.

Then swagger away, that stylish rascal.

:verysmug:

Dr. Bapswent

thats the spazzfest which you've just added another thread to. Congrats

And you've added...?

41 insightful and unique contributions I expect?

You seem to be upset people are talking about the current most interesting and relevant topic at the club on an internet forum designed for that purpose at the moment.

You poor dear.

Everybody loves Baz

Another Jeffries thread anyone care to share how many weve had is it more than Thomson ? :blink:

And better than any of the pish you've started in the lasy 5 months !

Not trying to stir the sh ite Dr B but didn`t you say it was a good decision to empty JJ? Why going up to DOF suddenly makes it a good move? Why have him involved if he isn`t or wasn`t the answer in the managers dugout and what say or input will he have at Tynie if he did take DOF? (which i think he won`t take because its a slap in the coupon, could be wrong though)

One of these "," every now and then, perhaps a wee "." wouldnt go a miss.

JJ is a proud man.

Was it not the end of this season that JJ was intending retiring, or was it next season?

I agree with you that he's a proud man, and I'd say that he's also a loyal man. I think as he was looking to pack in as a football manager in the next year or so anyway, the position of DoF may well tempt him, so long as something is done for BB.

Chris Benoit

Ignore them titsaway some proper grumpy pricks on here just now.

Anyway on topic I agree with you and hope that JJ stays on, despite what has gone on I think Vlad has a lot of respect for JJ and trusts him enough to give him the DoF role.

Not 100% certain how JJ would adapt to the role but if it happens I could only view it as a positive. Would also like Locke to stay as part of the coaching staff, it's good to have someone in the backroom team to have some passion for the club and by all accounts appears to be popular with tne players.

You're an actual fud. Jefferies threads are better than the countless rangers threads you start, as well as your high number of inane or imcomprehensivle posts that add nothing to this site. Do one.

vintage1874

Not trying to stir the sh ite Dr B but didn`t you say it was a good decision to empty JJ? Why going up to DOF suddenly makes it a good move? Why have him involved if he isn`t or wasn`t the answer in the managers dugout and what say or input will he have at Tynie if he did take DOF? (which i think he won`t take because its a slap in the coupon, could be wrong though)

I think VR offering JJ the DOF job is a way of trying to keep the hearts fans onside. It seems a tad unworkable to me. It's a shame how it has all ended.

Ignore them titsaway some proper grumpy pricks on here just now.

Anyway on topic I agree with you and hope that JJ stays on, despite what has gone on I think Vlad has a lot of respect for JJ and trusts him enough to give him the DoF role.

Not 100% certain how JJ would adapt to the role but if it happens I could only view it as a positive. Would also like Locke to stay as part of the coaching staff, it's good to have someone in the backroom team to have some passion for the club and by all accounts appears to be popular with tne players.

When you think about it though, it must be hard to accept a demotion especially when you are an aspiring young coach like Lockie. The new manager is bound to want his own staff and to offer GL a reduced position would be hard to take for him, no matter how much he loves Hearts.

In a perfect world i`d like to see GL kept involved with the first team as it could be a new learning aspect for him to work beside a foreign coach with different ideas. Sh ite situation really for a right Hearts man who probably thought he`d have years at the club to come as long as the team kept performing.

Drylaw Hearts

What sort of relationship would JJ and PS have ?

PS has obviously been in talks with VR whilst JJ was manager and that is surely going to be tough for JJ to take.

vintage1874

Was it not the end of this season that JJ was intending retiring, or was it next season?

I agree with you that he's a proud man, and I'd say that he's also a loyal man. I think as he was looking to pack in as a football manager in the next year or so anyway, the position of DoF may well tempt him, so long as something is done for BB.

Why would JJ have any loyality to VR? who seems to have no confidence in JJ and was planing a new management team behind JJ's back.

JJ is a proud man.

:verysmug:

I think he will take it.

Its money at the end of the day and he has had several opportunities to tell Vlad to GTF so he's not that proud.

colinmaroon

A significant point and worthy of its own thread!

Drylaw Hearts

As was JJ whilst Csaba was manager - unless he really did just happen to be in the Hearts shop when Csaba was sacked!

Bizarrely the Scotsman states JJ's meeting with Vlad yesterday was 'cordial'.

But Csaba was leaving the club and JJ will have to work alongside this guy.

h-e-a-r-t-s

PS has obviously been in talks with VR whilst JJ was manager and that is surely going to be tough for JJ to take.

It's business. Pretty standard for a new man to be approached before the incumbent is removed. Don't think JJ will be feeling hurt or shocked by any of this.

I think DoF might be a natural progression for JJ but his loyalty to BB could be an inhibiting factor. It was evident from Sunday when you watched the 2 of them on the touchline that they hadn't a clue how to rectify the situation and they proved it when we took off 2 strikers and replaced them up front with one MF at a time when we needed to score at least one goal. JJ still has much to offer the club in terms of his experience and knowledge of the game but more youthful and fresher ideas might not be a bad thing. That of course depends on how able the new coach is.

bean counter

It could be but if JJ can get his head round it he may also think that PS was told he would be working with JJ as DoF and that PS must have been ok with it

SanliHearts

:symf:

Dr. Bapswent

I think its fair to say the JJ prob doesn't have much time left in active duty as a manager and is a Hearts man. He knows the football game inside and out. And it seems has a good relationship with Vlad.

All of these things make him a decent person for a DoF role at Hearts.

Combine them with his managment style not being totally effective with the team of late - and Vlad's clear desire to find a manager that fits and gets the team firing on all cylinders. PS coming in to manage and JJ being a DoF (helping PS where needed) seems a solution that fits.

SanliHearts

Was a bit meh yesterday, but after a decent kip feeling a bit brighter this morning!

Let's see what happens the day. would love to have JJ still involved at the club as i'm sure most people would. Hopefully everyone can come to some sort of agreement! :thumbsup:

Dr. Bapswent

But Csaba was leaving the club and JJ will have to work alongside this guy.

I think we all have a tendency to see Vlads meetings as him thumping the table and shouting.

But I dont see that its not possible that he spoke to JJ about him not performing that well lately, but him being a great person at the club - a fans favourite, a good relation ship with Vlad and Vlad, rather than booting him, wants to move him upstairs and have him oversee a new guy.

He doesnt need to berate JJ in order to do this, it doesnt need to be harsh criticism, especially if its truthful and honest.

Maybe JJ also realises that this is the case.

others have said JJ was considering retiring after Killie - maybe he thought he'd give Hearts a final shot - a fitting way to bow out. So moving to DoF again seems more natural and not just a 'take it or leave it' consolation.

If any of the above is true, then id love JJ to take a DoF seat at Hearts - it seems fitting and for him to take a younger manager under his wing and teach him about Hearts and be successful as a pair.

I think we all have a tendency to see Vlads meetings as him thumping the table and shouting.

But I dont see that its not possible that he spoke to JJ about him not performing that well lately, but him being a great person at the club - a fans favourite, a good relation ship with Vlad and Vlad, rather than booting him, wants to move him upstairs and have him oversee a new guy.

He doesnt need to berate JJ in order to do this, it doesnt need to be harsh criticism, especially if its truthful and honest.

others have said JJ was considering retiring after Killie - maybe he thought he'd give Hearts a final shot - a fitting way to bow out. So moving to DoF again seems more natural and not just a 'take it or leave it' consolation.

If any of the above is true, then id love JJ to take a DoF seat at Hearts - it seems fitting and for him to take a younger manager under his wing and teach him about Hearts and be successful as a pair.

Good way to look at it. I hope it happens seeing this is the stage we are at.

Drylaw Hearts

I think if JJ is at Riccarton now and PS is also at Riccarton now then the pair must be talking about what JJ's role would be.

I would feel a hell of a lot better about the situation if JJ stayed on in some capacity.

Dr. Bapswent

I think if JJ is at Riccarton now and PS is also at Riccarton now then the pair must be talking about what JJ's role would be.

I would feel a hell of a lot better about the situation if JJ stayed on in some capacity.

Me too - unfortunatley I fully expect JJ to be away.

Think he said as much yesterday - and was told 'sleep on it, decide tomorrow' and is back to formalise that decision.

Not what I would like to happen though.

Drylaw Hearts

Me too - unfortunatley I fully expect JJ to be away.

Think he said as much yesterday - and was told 'sleep on it, decide tomorrow' and is back to formalise that decision.

Not what I would like to happen though.

If he's gone in to Riccarton this morning knowing PS would be there I'd say he's giving this offer real consideration.

bean counter

If he's gone in to Riccarton this morning knowing PS would be there I'd say he's giving this offer real consideration.

I'd like to think so but JJ is old school and the right thing to do is give his answer first to those that gave him the offer, then tell everyone else.

Also if he did not get a chance to say goodbye to the players going to Riccarton today now gives him that chance.

I really hope JJ takes the DoF role but I've got a feeling he's going to say thanks but no thanks

VR made it clear publicly during the close season that he was unhappy with the run-in.

VR made it clear during the close season that he was unhappy with the run-in

Drylaw Hearts

VR made it clear during the close season that he was unhappy with the run-in

Then maybe he should have let JJ sign a striker instead of forcing yet another Lithuanian huddy on him.

Nookie Bear

The plus side of threads revolving around all things Hearts is that it gives no opportunity for a certain poster residing in the Uruguayan county of Norfolk to cut and paste his thoughts from Wikipedia.

Archived