Vlad learning from his mistakes?

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Before Csaba was appointed, our search for a manager dragged on forever. Both times since then we've had a new appointment lined up.

In his first full season Csaba succeeded in getting 3rd, but it wasn't exactly convincing. The season after was a disaster until he went. This time Vlad's acted fast.

If you forget the Burley fiasco and all the fannying about with Malofeev, Frail etc (it's hard, I know), the last three and a bit seasons have actually been quite progressive. Maybe Vlad's further ahead of the curve than any of us?

Ergo Bibamus

I don't think that Vlad is all bad. I really think that he has HMFC's best interests at heart. Much as I like JJ his record, particularly the end of last season is not very good. Got good young talent at the moment and if they can play like Sporting Lisbon, he could be right.

girvanjambo

Aye, it's a great idea to throw the club into complete turmoil 3 days before a vital European tie.

Vlad has obviously been negotiating with Senor Sergio, (behind JJ and BB,s backs) so his timing is horrendous.

waiting.gif

I don't think that Vlad is all bad. I really think that he has HMFC's best interests at heart. Much as I like JJ his record, particularly the end of last season is not very good. Got good young talent at the moment and if they can play like Sporting Lisbon, he could be right.

Is that you Vlad, how are you doing, not sure about your first post though.

Jambof3tornado

Aye, it's a great idea to throw the club into complete turmoil 3 days before a vital European tie.

Vlad has obviously been negotiating with Senor Sergio, (behind JJ and BB,s backs) so his timing is horrendous.

waiting.gif

And if we get through to the next round of europa league Vlads timing will have been a masterstroke!

It really is all about results!

The thing that pizd me off the most was the fact we have a European game in two days! Timing could've been much better, he's done it before though so we just have to get on with it, the players need to focus on Thursday night and forget what's gone on yesterday.

And if we get through to the next round of europa league Vlads timing will have been a masterstroke!

It really is all about results!

I know what you're sayin but who's to say JJ wouldn't have got us through the Euro game anyway? My main worry about this game now is the effect it's had on the players, they need to focus, i hope they are professional enough to put it to the back of their minds and do what's needed on Thursday.

tartofmidlothian

The thing that pizd me off the most was the fact we have a European game in two days! Timing could've been much better, he's done it before though so we just have to get on with it, the players need to focus on Thursday night and forget what's gone on yesterday.

Don't forget the glamour friendly with the Pars this afternoon!

Francis Albert

Agreed the timing is odd but I don't really buy the "days before a huge European game" thing. If we can't beat Paksi, with or without a manager, we don't deserve to get through and even if we do the odds are it's for one more round, whoever the manager is.

And JJ has hardly a great track record anyway in inspiring the players to good cup performances, has he?

Francis Albert

I know what you're sayin but who's to say JJ wouldn't have got us through the Euro game anyway? My main worry about this game now is the effect it's had on the players, they need to focus, i hope they are professional enough to put it to the back of their minds and do what's needed on Thursday.

Most of them will have experienced changes of manager before - it's a fact of professionall football life. More often than not a change of manager gees players up and they are ot to impress the new chap. They've mostly looked in need of geeing up for months, and as said they never turned up for JJ and his management team in cup ties.

Just posted on another thread about Vlad's failing to get the right man for the job. I know there is a lot of resentment amongst the Hearts support about what has happened to JJ, but I don't blame Vlad at all. Think abut it you are a business man ploughing millions into a project and looking for some return, you look at the returns competitors are getting for their investment and compare it with yours. If you see that the others are doing better for a smaler outlay you draw the conclusion that things are not being managed properly and remedy the situation ie. geta new manager. The only problem I have with Vlad is that he has consistantly got the wrong man for the job and that is a major failing on his part in my opinion. With the money he has reputed to have spent during his time at Hearts we as a team should have done far better than we have. I know a lot of supporters lamented the Burley fiasco but was/is Burley that great hmm ... I don't think so he had a good run but it could just as easily have come to and end, we will never know but he has done nowt since.

Jambof3tornado

Vlad certainly doesn't let emotion cloud his decisions. JJ has cut costs as he was asked to do. Could he take us further,probably not. Wonder if the new guy will get anything to spend? Wallace money perhaps,assuming the cheque didn't bounce!

Agreed the timing is odd but I don't really buy the "days before a huge European game" thing. If we can't beat Paksi, with or without a manager, we don't deserve to get through and even if we do the odds are it's for one more round, whoever the manager is.

And JJ has hardly a great track record anyway in inspiring the players to good cup performances, has he?

0,,10289~3604290,00.jpg

Archived