JJ to make decision today

jambonian

According to the news, JJ will make his decision about the Director of Football post today. I hope he takes it. He will add some stability to the club and players may feel less unsure about what's going on and can just do what they're paid to to, train, and get results on the pitch for the new guy. C'mon JJ, take the job, at least we'd all be much happier, players and supporters alike.

Sexton Hardcastle

Cant see him getting many more managerial posts at his age.

Would make sense for both parties if there are no hard feelings.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Is this really a possibility, the reports last night were that he'd dismissed the offer out of hand? I hope he does stay on in some capacity.

Surely the chances of him accepting this post are slim????

What's Dave McPherson got to do with it?

kingantti1874

I hope he takes it but I'd be astonished if he does.

Very much this, I'll be ecstatic if he can stay on - I hope he does as where can he go from here in a coaching sense... There is no other club for Jim - it's only down.. hopefully he will accept a big fat contract in the DoF / club ambassador role for the next 5/6 years...

The fact that the idea doesn't appear to be completely dead is a good sign

tartofmidlothian

I hope he takes it but I'd be astonished if he does.

This, pretty much. Although if they really wanted him to take it, I think sacking Brown first was the wrong way to convince him. Even if he does, I'd be surprised if he was here next season.

Drewjambobusby

Please take it Jim. We need people 'inside' not on the 'outside' !

Correct. Or to put it plainer we need someone who is sane as opposed to insane at the club.

It's JJ's best option, surely. He's not getting any younger and this would be a nice job at the club he loves to see him safely into retirement.

I also happen to think he would be good at it.

I'm sure JJ will be feeling ever so slightly pissed off at the moment and his pride may be dented but i hope he doesn't just say no out of spite. I think he's the correct guy for thr DoF position and i truly believe the players will feel far more relaxed with that knowing he's still there in some capacity. He's apparently a very approachable person and that can only be good for the players at the club.

As for BB, this could be his chance to move on and become a manager in his own right, surely he must've thought about that a few times over the years, he only needs to look at the success of the likes of John McGlynn at Raith Rovers and Peter Houston at Dundee Utd for inspiration.

The Treasurer

I'm sure when he was first appointed he was quoted as saying this would be his last managerial role.

If that is correct then maybe he'll want to stay involved in the game in some capacity for a while longer and this would be the ideal opportunity to do that.

Deans Jambo

Would be astonished if he took the job. I think Jim would like the job but in different circumstances. I would reckon his loyality to Brown and his pride may stop him from saying yes. A set up where we have motivator and a proper coach appeals though.

tartofmidlothian

I'm sure JJ will be feeling ever so slightly pissed off at the moment and his pride may be dented but i hope he doesn't just say no out of spite. I think he's the correct guy for thr DoF position and i truly believe the players will feel far more relaxed with that knowing he's still there in some capacity. He's apparently a very approachable person and that can only be good for the players at the club.

As for BB, this could be his chance to move on and become a manager in his own right, surely he must've thought about that a few times over the years, he only needs to look at the success of the likes of John McGlynn at Raith Rovers and Peter Houston at Dundee Utd for inspiration.

Very good post, and very true. I think a lot depends on how Billy Brown feels. If he's deeply hurt, JJ might stick the job out of loyalty. If he says que sera sera and assures him he'll be fine either way, JJ might just go for it.

Aside from the OF, Hibs and Killie, JJ would walk into any other SPL job. First step onto the slope, though...

bean counter

From the Scotsman

It is believed the meeting between Romanov and Jefferies was cordial, despite the 60-year-old former club captain's obvious dismay at the end of his second spell as manager. Jefferies' lifelong affection of Hearts may yet tempt him to accept the director of football post

Hopefully Jim will decide to stay involved

bean counter

Very good post, and very true. I think a lot depends on how Billy Brown feels. If he's deeply hurt, JJ might stick the job out of loyalty. If he says que sera sera and assures him he'll be fine either way, JJ might just go for it.

Aside from the OF, Hibs and Killie, JJ would walk into any other SPL job. First step onto the slope, though...

Scotsman article says Jim & Billy were preparing to go their seperate ways after they left Killie

Jambof3tornado

I would love JJ to stay on. How do we know Vlad hadn't warned him after the collapse at the end of last year that his coat was on the auld shoogly peg?

This whole thing may have shocked us all but maybe JJ saw it coming!

chester copperpot

I think this could be great if he was to accept the post, though I think it's remote.

Most fans would agree our football has been poor for nigh on 6 months now.

if he accepts the job or not he has done ok in my eyes

not been winning much since feb/march but still got 3rd in league and europe and miles ahead of the flumps doon the road hahaha FTH

grumpyespana

Would be astonished if he took the job. I think Jim would like the job but in different circumstances. I would reckon his loyality to Brown and his pride may stop him from saying yes. A set up where we have motivator and a proper coach appeals though.

Loyality does not pay the morgage, this would be a nicer little earner before his retirememnt go for ot Jim.

Grumpy.

Heres Rixxy

Would be shocked if he accepted - it has its pros and cons. Hope the new guy would be able to do as they wish without the DOF meddling :whistling:

pettigrewsstylist

Very much this, I'll be ecstatic if he can stay on - I hope he does as where can he go from here in a coaching sense... There is no other club for Jim - it's only down.. hopefully he will accept a big fat contract in the DoF / club ambassador role for the next 5/6 years...

The fact that the idea doesn't appear to be completely dead is a good sign

He would also be the talisman that would or could swing young guys like grainger and hammil joining our club in the future when they otherwise might not,

Would be shocked if he accepted - it has its pros and cons. Hope the new guy would be able to do as they wish without the DOF meddling :whistling:

It's not how they work on the continent though.The new guy will be totally comfortable with it or at least he will have it's just when they come to the UK they seem to get a chip on their shoulders.

pettigrewsstylist

I think he can be a great use to us in the role, while PS re-injects some more youthful vigour into the coaching of the side.

I'm glad he decided to sleep on it, and hope he has come to the decision that he still wants to be part of Heart of Midlothian.

Thing is Borthers the only people sayin that are the club! have they persuaded him to say nowt and sleep on it even though he dismissed ot out of hand and told them he wont change his mind overnight?

Wouldnt surprise me, unless you know something more accurate than my geussing mate?

I think this could be great if he was to accept the post, though I think it's remote.

Most fans would agree our football has been poor for nigh on 6 months now.

Please don't twist the past, yes a couple of games we were poor last year, but thought we played quite well at ibrox but were con by refs. Also remember the football against Motherwell, fair enough we let them back in for a draw but the football we played was great.

Tommy Walker

JJ options:

leave with dignity but job prospects possibly (very) limited apart from a 'lower' position in management elsewhere

VR:

keep JJ as DOF to appease (some of) the fans and let him go when it suits him

Hearts:

some continuity but is JJ the best man for DOF (only VR knows the criteria)and how will his relationship be with his replacement ?

Fans:

don't appear to be a major factor for the guy who basically finances the club

Takeover:

possibly lucrative for someone/group with deep pockets and a 2-3 year strategy but who ?

Bottom line:

SNAFU :teehee:

Yours in 'interesting times'

TW

Vlad-Stupid

My understanding is that Mr Romanov still holds JJ in high regard, personally. They have a very good relationship but results were unacceptable to VR.

That's why JJ is sleeping on it.

This is my take on things.

Walter Bishop

My understanding is that Mr Romanov still holds JJ in high regard, personally. They have a very good relationship but results were unacceptable to VR.

That's why JJ is sleeping on it.

Good to hear this and i definetely believe its a footballing decision. Would like to see JJ stay.

Sexton Hardcastle

Im hearing JJ has been told to return the keys to the Saab he was given as part of the job.

0,,10289~9266957,00.jpg

Latest pictures from Riccarton

beater-car-340x182.png

:look:

Archived