Writing was on the wall...

We_are_the_Hearts

We_are_the_Hearts

after his comments at Ibrox for me. At HT he told the players it was the best performance from a Hearts team at Ibrox he had seen but to go out 2nd half and DEFEND for the first 15 minutes or so. WHY? Rangers were all over the place and were there for the taking. We let them back in it. A good manager would have said they had played well but it would mean nothing if they never repeated it 2nd hlaf. We should have being going for the throat and not showing that mob any respect. Malmo never! As for Sunday, well that was just woeful for me. No fluency or ryhthm to the game at all. Utd were comfy apart from a 5 minute spell in the first half.

yabadabadoo1874again

Seems to be the tactics in the heat of the moment..... is / was jj's achilles heel.... felt the team on sunday were visibly not pulling their weight...if they knew romanov was watching did they have a part to play in what happened ??

marshallschunkychicken

after his comments at Ibrox for me. At HT he told the players it was the best performance from a Hearts team at Ibrox he had seen but to go out 2nd half and DEFEND for the first 15 minutes or so. WHY? Rangers were all over the place and were there for the taking. We let them back in it. A good manager would have said they had played well but it would mean nothing if they never repeated it 2nd hlaf. We should have being going for the throat and not showing that mob any respect. Malmo never! As for Sunday, well that was just woeful for me. No fluency or ryhthm to the game at all. Utd were comfy apart from a 5 minute spell in the first half.

To be fair, I think the loss of Templeton freed up the two players who were doubling up on him to get forward a bit more, which changed the complexion of the game in their favour.

Sunday was more concerning for me, and our lethargic home form as a whole.

Charlie-Brown

I think the heavy defeats against Celtic and Rangers last season, the poor form on the run in & the 3-0 thumping in Berlin that Vlad attended recently are probably what made him think a change was needed?

I think the heavy defeats against Celtic and Rangers last season, the poor form on the run in & the 3-0 thumping in Berlin that Vlad attended recently are probably what made him think a change was needed?

I don't agree with what Vlad has done...however, an inability to get results in Glasgow and a lack of plan b and c when it comes to tactics is something that the boys I go to games with have discussed on a number of occasions - crucially at the end of JJ's first period in charge as well as this time.

JJ is undoubtedly a great man manager and motivator, but run faster, tackle harder will only take you so far.

Im very sorry to see him go - I think he deserved more of a chance, if for no other reason than he has brought stability and crdibility back to the club and we needed more of that as we try to move away from the Thomson saga, the Black court case etc at a time when new players are still bedding in.

Im becoming so tired of the club moving from one media disaster to another. I want it to be about the football again and not Romanov, debts, flats, team interference or unpaid wages.

Charlie-Brown

I like Jim Jefferies and Iam surprised he was sacked but on reflection not surprised given results & form in 2011. Sunday seemed like simply more of the same from the back end of last season. Good luck to JJ in whatever he does next! :thumbsup:

I think the writing was on the wall after that 4-0 defeat by Celtic.

Archived