Nice Guys with favourites win nothing!

Eggo

As much as I like JJ, it was time to move forward. The hypocrisy on here is boakable to be honest.

JJ was struggling tactically in the real world and 99.9 % on here commented on that at every opportunity .

I wish JJ well in pastures new and thank him from the bottom of my heart, but football moves on.

HMFC forever

He Who Cannot Be Named

As much as I like JJ, it was time to move forward. The hypocrisy on here is boakable to be honest.

JJ was struggling tactically in the real world and 99.9 % on here commented on that at every opportunity .

I wish JJ well in pastures new and thank him from the bottom of my heart, but football moves on.

HMFC forever

Could not have put it better myself, well said this man.

Some people will forever have their heads in the sand though unfortunately.

CavySlaveJambo

Well said.

Even without Vlad propensity to replace managers at a whim the 1 win in 14 form is enough to trigger a sacking in some other clubs.

Troon Jambo

Having read through pages of this stuff this is the single post/thread which is most appropriate to events unfolding today. JJ and Billy are great guys and true jambos and their love for the club is very close to that of the average supporter. Sadly previous success and a love of the position does not always make for best outcome. Tactics, selection, formations and performances have been seriously lacking. With the personell available, our run since the start of the year must fall squarely as the fault of the manager. The old fashioned methods etc are no secret and

neither is the consistent reliance on favorites or trustees. To meet expectations a change was required. Don't agree with the timing nor the manner of the fall from grace of a hero but needs must? Very excited about the prospect of seeing what the "maroon mourinho" has to offer. With the players at his disposal and the prospect of a couple of additions, it may be a great season after all?

Arthur Morgan

Having read through pages of this stuff this is the single post/thread which is most appropriate to events unfolding today. JJ and Billy are great guys and true jambos and their love for the club is very close to that of the average supporter. Sadly previous success and a love of the position does not always make for best outcome. Tactics, selection, formations and performances have been seriously lacking. With the personell available, our run since the start of the year must fall squarely as the fault of the manager. The old fashioned methods etc are no secret and

neither is the consistent reliance on favorites or trustees. To meet expectations a change was required. Don't agree with the timing nor the manner of the fall from grace of a hero but needs must? Very excited about the prospect of seeing what the "maroon mourinho" has to offer. With the players at his disposal and the prospect of a couple of additions, it may be a great season after all?

BB is a Hibs fan.

Your right, the hypocrisy on here is awful -'I mean we're all still happily awaiting the return leg of our european run, feeling pretty pleased at our play against Rangers yet somehow last seasons results are the most important thing?

Luton Jambo

HMFC forever

This.^

We were stagnating and a change was needed.

Guest GhostHunter

There's no easy way to tell someone that they're for the chop.

We were shit - and everyone knew it...just because JJ is a club legend does NOT make him exempt from being given the bullet.

Anyone that thinks Paulo is going to come in and turn us to world beaters are insane. We'll be struggling for top 6 while he decides ( or Vladimir) who to play where and when.

Frankly I enjoyed the relative stability with JJ, we're just going back to 2007/08 with all that shit. A complete turnoff.

The rollercoasters back on full speed, stuck in a perpetual loop!

Guest NeilMorriseyIsAJambo

JJ is a top bloke, a legend but 1 win in 14 for a club that is expected to be "best of the rest" is just not good enough. No self -respecting club would let the management away with that. Ally McCoist, Neil Lennon, who are both legends at their respective clubs wouldn't get away with it so why should Jim?

If we hadn't had such a good first half of the season last season we probably would have finished about 6th!!

JJ is a top bloke, a legend but 1 win in 14 for a club that is expected to be "best of the rest" is just not good enough. No self -respecting club would let the management away with that. Ally McCoist, Neil Lennon, who are both legends at their respective clubs wouldn't get away with it so why should Jim?

If we hadn't had such a good first half of the season last season we probably would have finished about 6th!!

Rearrange the results from last season anyway you want into any order - and we still finished 3rd in the league. Would suggest that the best of the rest position was achieved.

If Rangers hadn't won so many games last year they wouldn't have won the league. If Hamilton had won more games they wouldn't have been relegated. Neil Lennon didn't win the league but is still there. Calderwood had a terrible run but is still there.

I'm looking forward to hearing the JJ/BB/GL side of the story. I suspect that this story about supposed bad run of form being the reason for them being sacked won't last too long after they speak out.

Guest NeilMorriseyIsAJambo

Rearrange the results from last season anyway you want into any order - and we still finished 3rd in the league. Would suggest that the best of the rest position was achieved.

If Rangers hadn't won so many games last year they wouldn't have won the league. If Hamilton had won more games they wouldn't have been relegated. Neil Lennon didn't win the league but is still there. Calderwood had a terrible run but is still there.

I'm looking forward to hearing the JJ/BB/GL side of the story. I suspect that this story about supposed bad run of form being the reason for them being sacked won't last too long after they speak out.

As I said, any self-respecting club, which in my book, does not include the cabbage.

Surely though if at the start of last season we had one win in fourteen as opposed to the end of the season, everybody would be calling for Vlad to bin them?

Buffalo Bill

Our 2011 form was poor but I was confident Jim would turn it around again.

I feel this decision was as much political as it was about football.

However, the show must go on...

tartofmidlothian

There's lots to agree with in the OP, although I'm a softie and would have given them more time. Was fairly pleased with the season's first two results, but Sunday's was depressing to say the least.

I'm not happy or unhappy. Sad it ended like this for JJ and BB, but I think we all knew it would at some point.

Archived