Wireless Kit

Calel

I am keen to get a wireless kit as I have had the internet installed, does anyone know where I can get a reliable (and not too expensive) one from? Someone said that I could pick one up at PC World for ?30-?40 is this likely to be a decent?

Dean Winchester

I've got a Netgear WGT624 which you can pick up for about ?40-?50 and havent had a problem with it once. Use it with Virgin Media, was a doddle to set up and it works great with all 5 devices I needed it for. Highly recommend it

Also had one of my mates who used the Belkin ones... They've had nothing but problems with it and last time I spoke to him had taken a 3rd one back to get a refund.

i had a belkin one before and constantly had to turn it on and off as it was always crashing. it caused a couple of other problems too.

i'm now using the router that sky supplied us with along with my old belkin usb network adaptor. i don't get problems with the router, and the belkin adaptor works fine but i get problems with the software regularly and have to keep re-installing it. avoid

Era Macaroons

Pilkingtons Discounted Cartridges on Duke St in Leith 553 0666 sells TP-Link wireless router for 29.99 very reliable and the guys in there are great to deal with.

I've had two Sweex routers that I got for ?20-?30 at Silicon in Dalry and never had a problem with either.

I currently have an ASDL one which I got from Telewest/VirginMedia and it does a decent job too.

Jed The Jedi

If you have a PS3 steer clear of Netgear, absolute nightmare getting the 2 to connect.:mad:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

PC World have the Netgear 108 mbs wireless router on offer for ?49 at the mo

I've always had Netgear since I got broadband and I would never buy anything else now

I bought one about 3 months ago. Still in the box to technical for me.

PC World have the Netgear 108 mbs wireless router on offer for ?49 at the mo

I've always had Netgear since I got broadband and I would never buy anything else now

thats the one i got for the house so the wee one can use her laptop anywhere in the house also pretty good and easy to set up

I am keen to get a wireless kit as I have had the internet installed, does anyone know where I can get a reliable (and not too expensive) one from? Someone said that I could pick one up at PC World for ?30-?40 is this likely to be a decent?

why don't you give your Internet provider a call, and ask if they do wireless router, that's what I done, saved me having to buy one.

why don't you give your Internet provider a call, and ask if they do wireless router, that's what I done, saved me having to buy one.

good thinking bat man;);)

If you have a PS3 steer clear of Netgear, absolute nightmare getting the 2 to connect.:mad:

Bad advice IMO, you should have said it was a nightmare for you to connect. Connecting my lads PS3 to my netgear to seconds to setup without a single problem.

Jed The Jedi
Bad advice IMO, you should have said it was a nightmare for you to connect. Connecting my lads PS3 to my netgear to seconds to setup without a single problem.

Your probablly right there Dazo ,i know how to do it set the router security to WEP instaed of WPSK but vista wont let me ,every time i do i lose conectivity to the net as vista tells me it no longer recognises the settings stored in the PC.

Dean Winchester
Your probablly right there Dazo ,i know how to do it set the router security to WEP instaed of WPSK but vista wont let me ,every time i do i lose conectivity to the net as vista tells me it no longer recognises the settings stored in the PC.

If you change the settings on the router you need to change the settings on your adapter for how it connects as well, rescan and reconnect

Jed The Jedi
If you change the settings on the router you need to change the settings on your adapter for how it connects as well, rescan and reconnect

Cheers mate will give that a go tonight.

Apoligies to Calel for turning his Wireless thread into a PS3 conectivity thread.

Archived