JJ signings

All roads lead to Gorgie

All roads lead to Gorgie

I wonder if JJs signings from Stevo to the four lads who arrived this summer have a long term future now at the club. I know they are on at least two year contracts and Vlad had to sanction the signings but the new boss will want his own men. Could we end up with an oversized squad again and a lot of unhappy players. Thoughts please. :thumbsup:

I think the proven players will stay the wage stealers like Suso can GTF especially that ***** Elliot

Only a Game

I think the proven players will stay the wage stealers like Suso can GTF especially that ***** Elliot

Suso is maybe not top notch. In fact he definitely isnt, but its ludicrous to call him a wage stealer. If half our players showed the level of commitment he does when he plays we'd be a much better side IMO

As for the OP, well this is a hard one. We are way overstaffed as it is and not much you can do about players with contracts unless you can pay off a batch of them and clear the decks a bit. Cant really see us doing that so the new guy, as with every other new guy will have to work with the legacy of the lessons we never seem to have learnt regarding squad size.

At a guess, anyone with a bit of technical ability will be okay IMO. Anyone more "industrial" probably doesnt have much of a future.

:lol:

Really? Like really really? :lol:

On each and every thread, you post something truly horrific like this :vrface:

Morgaro Gomis

Wow. You're having a 'mare, son. :lol:

All roads lead to Gorgie

Both Suso and Clum were around before JJ. Will a continental manager like the style of JJs signings, that's what I wonder :thumbsup:

Oh dear.

:unsure:

That's a bit harsh on Suso considering the guy has had an operation and this is the first time since he arrived at the club that he has been out of action for a period of time unlike a number of other players at the club.

The squad only needs about 3 quality players added, they'll come in. The future of JJ's signings won't come into it, there are a few still to get rid-of and we've trimmed the wage bill well with the likes of Palazuelos and Bouzid gone, Wallace and a few "hinger's on" away too. We still need a dominant centre-half, cover at both full-back positions and a creative midfielder.

Arthur Morgan

WTF? Suso has been amongst our best performers for the past 2 seasons.

ArmiyaRomanova

JJ's hat has been on a shoogly peg for a while (as is now apparent), so presumably Vlad's been happy enough with the players brought in. Were he not, he might have taken action earlier.

Ray Winstone

Time to go back in for Nuno Gomes imo. :smuggy:

Ten grand a week well spent IMO.

RoussetsShorts

it is Kyle that i am worrying for :(

I actually hope we go to a new style of play that means we don't rely on a big target man anymore, if that means getting rid of big kev then so be it, he's so 90's anyway.

vlad on the tyne

As well as being a lad, when fit Kyle is affordable and effective at spl level. KK's fitness and the fact he has a history of injuries may well mean he will be replaced. This would be a great shame as IMO Kyle has been one of JJ's best signings.

I would imagine the only players that will be worrying about this are the ones VR has a problem with. I am pretty confident the new guy will give all the players a chance to impress unless he is told otherwise.

Teuchterjambo

The one that worries me most is Kello - we will see very quickly whether or not all the rumour about Vlad and his take on Kello at the back end of last season has any substance. If Kello is no longer first choice then you can be sure all of this stuff going on is to do with Vlad being crazy rather than clinical and considered decision making.

I suspect even then there would be a group on here who are so naive that there would be a thread highlighting that Kello isn't really that good and he needs to go and they will find some kind of manufactured justification.

I reallly hope not.

Archived