Vlad sacking JJ shows us he cares

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

Cos if he didn't, he would have just left things and we could have had another mediocre season without spark and desire.

His tinkering approach is a frustration at times, but shows he hasn't lost interest the club or trying to make it a success.

Italian Lambretta

I would agree with that.

As much as I like JJ we have struggled to overcome certain teams in the SPL and finding an alternative plan during a game never seems to materialise.

Ally mccoist made a change in the first game when it wasn't going their way and may we'll have won the game.

Peter Houston said yesterday his tactics weren't working so he made changes and won the game.

JJ has never really been able to do that especially at Tynie.

Cos if he didn't, he would have just left things and we could have had another mediocre season without spark and desire.

His tinkering approach is a frustration at times, but shows he hasn't lost interest the club or trying to make it a success.

What about ordering Kello to lithuania or dropping our captain before Ibrox? Because he cares aye?

Why not sack him at the end of the season then ?

What about ordering Kello to lithuania or dropping our captain before Ibrox? Because he cares aye?

He cares too much some might say.

Dr. Bapswent

You know all of this for a fact?

And IF Kello was suspected of taking bribes?

Dr. Bapswent

Maybe he didn't have a replacement lined up? - I dunno.

Maybe the inept performance on Sun was the last straw - I dunno.

Maybe JJ not making subs to enforce changes that everyone else can see are required made a difference - I dunno.

Do you?

An keeping CT on the books and loaning to his other club, cause he cares aye?

It's like some wifie who gets beaten off her husband. Tragic IMO.

Maybe he didn't have a replacement lined up? - I dunno.

Maybe the inept performance on Sun was the last straw - I dunno.

Maybe JJ not making subs to enforce changes that everyone else can see are required made a difference - I dunno.

Do you?

If the new guy is already on his way I think it is safe to assume that Sundays result was irrelevant. Are you really going down the no plan B route ?

Dr. Bapswent

An keeping CT on the books and loaning to his other club, cause he cares aye?

It's like some wifie who gets beaten off her husband. Tragic IMO.

What has that got to do with sacking JJ?

I think the CT story is a totally different thing and doesn't need included here...unless its to prove a woeful point of course.

Dr. Bapswent

If the new guy is already on his way I think it is safe to assume that Sundays result was irrelevant. Are you really going down the no plan B route ?

Not really.

But I admit I haven't been overwhelmed by the performances and decisions made.

I don't think JJ didn't have a plan B - I just dont think he did too well.

The team have looked rudderless at times....you can blame the players for that a few times...but eventually you have to look to the manager if it doesn't get fixed.

Because he wanted as many Season Tickets renewed and new ones taken, as possible.

Simples. :thumbsup:

Robbo-Jambo

Because he wanted as many Season Tickets renewed and new ones taken, as possible.

Simples. :thumbsup:

Correct and people to buy our nice new home top. :thumbsup:

Give it 6 weeks & even the Vlad sheep will be calling for the return of JJ.

Jambo Forever

Never heard so much Pish in my life. Stop trying to justify it to yourself. You don't sack a manager 2 games into a new season. Why not in the summer? People are struggling to come up with excuses for vlad

Dr. Bapswent

Give it 6 weeks & even the Vlad sheep will be calling for the return of JJ.

Vlad sheep....its been a while.

He cares about his own ego, and having the power to do whatever he wants. He cares not a jot about what Hearts fans think. yet quite a lot of people on here today are saying well done Vlad for getting rid of JJ. They are as deluded as he is.

Not really.

But I admit I haven't been overwhelmed by the performances and decisions made.

I don't think JJ didn't have a plan B - I just dont think he did too well.

The team have looked rudderless at times....you can blame the players for that a few times...but eventually you have to look to the manager if it doesn't get fixed.

I have tried not to, but I do tend to agree. The Motherwell game last season, when we were 3-0 up and then lucky to get a 3-3 draw is an example, and we have not won for ages. We can not go on saying we deserved more or played well and also blame injured players, some who JJ signed, when they had a history of injuries.

The timing certainly stinks, but I can understand the decision made. I guess, if we get someone who does better it is the right decision, if we get someone who does worse it isn't.

I feel, though, if we were sacking Csaba under similar circumstances (or LOLderwood) we would be less angry on this board. Sadly being a legend or a Hearts man is not enough now.

In closing, I say thank you JJ. I wish you well for the future and I will not forget 98, but Hearts will move onwards and hopefully upwards.

UTTER PISH!!! The guy just cant help ******* around just when things are looking good. Who in their right mind would want to manage under Vlad? or player for him?

Dr. Bapswent

Never heard so much Pish in my life. Stop trying to justify it to yourself. You don't sack a manager 2 games into a new season. Why not in the summer? People are struggling to come up with excuses for vlad

My only thoughts on timing are - that I think his cards were marked, and he was gonna be chopped anyway.

So if we had won against Paksi on thursday - AND he got sacked, people would be very very confused.

Losing to Utd and him going is easier - but i think either way it was coming.

Konrad von Carstein

All I have to say on the sacking of JJ is that on Sunday I was all for leaving the stadium after 15 minutes of the second half..you could tell we were going to get nothing from the game.

Add this to the dreadful form of the end of last season where similar thoughts went through my head many times along with the statement of surrender re 2nd spot from JJ (can;t remember exactly what was said but to me and my mates it read as though he had given up) and you can just about see the reasoning from Vlad for todays "bombshell".

If I as a supporter who invests a measly ?500 or so for a season ticket feels this way you can probably understand (if not agree with) todays decision from a man who isn't a supporter but has invested ?millions in the club (whether it has been wisely invested or not is another question).

JJ had it coming and to be honest he's had his time at the club he has served so well for many years at different times

but the timing of this is wrong...the stats dont lie.

heartsfc_fan

All I have to say on the sacking of JJ is that on Sunday I was all for leaving the stadium after 15 minutes of the second half..you could tell we were going to get nothing from the game.

Add this to the dreadful form of the end of last season where similar thoughts went through my head many times along with the statement of surrender re 2nd spot from JJ (can;t remember exactly what was said but to me and my mates it read as though he had given up) and you can just about see the reasoning from Vlad for todays "bombshell".

If I as a supporter who invests a measly ?500 or so for a season ticket feels this way you can probably understand (if not agree with) todays decision from a man who isn't a supporter but has invested ?millions in the club (whether it has been wisely invested or not is another question).

Have to admit, I didn't think we'd score in the 2nd half. We've certainly not been raining goals since March. It's been pretty poor stuff. Kyle or no Kyle.

oh dear that is cringeworthy serious clutching at straws there ffs just accept it vladimir romanov is a idiot and only cares about himself and his ego

Konrad von Carstein

oh dear that is cringeworthy serious clutching at straws there ffs just accept it vladimir romanov is a idiot and only cares about himself and his ego

If that is in response to my post, in what way is it "cringeworthy" all I am trying to say is that with the benfit of hindsight you could see this coming...no clutching at straws from me...I like JJ and outside the birth of my daughter he gave me the best 48 hours of my life in 98 (that could be a cringeworthy statement).

As for Vlad, I tend to agree with the sentiments of your post but at the same time can see the logic behind todays decision.

It has been done and there is no point in bickering on here about Vlad...he's here and isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Maroon & White

He cares about his own ego, and having the power to do whatever he wants. He cares not a jot about what Hearts fans think. yet quite a lot of people on here today are saying well done Vlad for getting rid of JJ. They are as deluded as he is.

This.

How can people actually defend Romanov? The guy is an absolute fruit loop. Simple.

JJ builds a team for the new season, we all get excited by the signings and we start to dream that maybe Romanov has finally came to his senses, we all snap up season tickets, and then he sacks JJ..!? LUNATIC

If that is in response to my post, in what way is it "cringeworthy" all I am trying to say is that with the benfit of hindsight you could see this coming...no clutching at straws from me...I like JJ and outside the birth of my daughter he gave me the best 48 hours of my life in 98 (that could be a cringeworthy statement).

As for Vlad, I tend to agree with the sentiments of your post but at the same time can see the logic behind todays decision.

It has been done and there is no point in bickering on here about Vlad...he's here and isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

it was for the op i thought that was implied :lol:

Konrad von Carstein

it was for the op i thought that was implied :lol:

Ah OK....Mod delete my last ramblings there a good chap :lol:

Tommy Wiseau

This would be all well and good if I believed for a minute he was sacked for football reasons.

I don't, though.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Does Vlad have a wife/girlfriend/mistress/bit on the side?

I don't doubt that Mr. Romanov's pumping everything in sight even at his advanced age but with his multi-million fortune and jet-set lifestyle cheeky smile I imagine he'd be hard to turn down, I know I certainly wouldn't, and I wouldn't mind having a perusal through his back catalogue.

:thumbsup:

Absolutely correct time for the non loony majority to stand up an be counted!!

Drewjambobusby

Aye son he cared that much that when we had a great team and were 6 points clear at the top of the league, destroying teams in the first 25 minutes of games he sacked the manager Burley. Aye Uncle Vlad always has our best interests at heart. Or is it the idiot has a "It`s ma baw" and no-one else can play with it mentality ?

Dr. Bapswent

Aye son he cared that much that when we had a great team and were 6 points clear at the top of the league, destroying teams in the first 25 minutes of games he sacked the manager Burley. Aye Uncle Vlad always has our best interests at heart. Or is it the idiot has a "It`s ma baw" and no-one else can play with it mentality ?

I got as far as 'Aye Son..' and realised it wasn't worth reading....

Archived