Frail on road to being Manager......

Clerry Jambo

At the same time though this is a good and positive thing for Stevie Frail personally, an important step in his career development.

Good luck to him.

Guest JamboRobbo
I cant see him not getting the job now tbh

It's certainly looking that way IMO. They'll go through the motions of pretending to do what they said they'd do in Jan 1st statement, then we'll get some spiel about it being important to get the right man etc. Then Frail will get the gig.

Guest JamboRobbo
At the same time though this is a good and positive thing for Stevie Frail personally, an important step in his career development.

Good luck to him.

Agreed. He should've been doing this whilst managing the U-19's though, not the first team.

Guest JamboRobbo
And he has the pre requisite and advertised experience of British football ?

Like that'll matter. We'll get some spiel about "it's more important to get the right man for the job than to try to satisfy the criteria in the statement" or some other such spin from the spinmaster himself.

And yes, as pointed out the other day - how much longer does he need to manage Hearts before they can claim he has "experience of british football".

And he has the pre requisite and advertised experience of British football ?

how long has he been at Hearts?

He has a years experience of being involved in the first team...

Straw........camel...........back............

FOR **** SAKE!

I think he's earned a chance at a full season and I'm sure he will be allowed to continue as our manager now.

Any ideas on where he'll do his 3 day visit at a professional club outside the UK? :rolleyes:

Good luck Stevie.

Maybe I'm missing something here but that article says that the process of getting his UEFA Pro-licence will take 20 months which surely rules him out of getting the job full time. Either that or he's 'interim' manager for the next 20 months!

Can anyone confirm?

Guest JamboRobbo
Maybe I'm missing something here but that article says that the process of getting his UEFA Pro-licence will take 20 months which surely rules him out of getting the job full time. Either that or he's 'interim' manager for the next 20 months!

Can anyone confirm?

There'll be some rule about being allowed to continue in the job whilst you're working towards your licence.........

Clerry Jambo

Hey guys you have all jumped in there without reading my thread title - did I mention Hearts manager!!;);)

To manage on a full time basis at team in the SPL you require the pro license without the pro license your require dispensation from the SFA/SPL to appoint a manager on a full time basis.

I will be very disappointed if Frail is given the job not because he hasnt done a good job but because he isnt experienced enough to be our manager just yet.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Oh joy! :rolleyes:

If it's going the way it looks like it's going, no Hearts World renewal for me in September.

Can anyone confirm?

That's how I read it. If they are really determined to give SF the gig, then they will have to ensure that we don't qualify for Europe next year. (Just like this year in fact.)

There'll be some rule about being allowed to continue in the job whilst you're working towards your licence.........

I don't think there is, but I think there should be - though I do not think Frail should get the job - though this may help his chances, along with the blind loyalty of the players. He has done better than some of his predecessors, but not good enough.

If he does get the job, I would be dissappointed, but I would still support the club and him (at the games).

OmiyaHearts

3 days at a pro club outside the uk? I wonder if its gonna be Kaunus or Ripo.

I don't think there is, but I think there should be - though I do not think Frail should get the job - though this may help his chances, along with the blind loyalty of the players. He has done better than some of his predecessors, but not good enough.

If he does get the job, I would be dissappointed, but I would still support the club and him (at the games).

The EPL has this rule but it has been waived on several occassions, and is being currently as Avrum Grant continues to study for the Pro-Licence.

I think I'm right in saying it has no exam, it's just a case of doing the course.

JamboJimmyB

Who is going to be picking the team when he is galavanting around europe for days on end.

Any one have any ideas !!!

That's how I read it. If they are really determined to give SF the gig, then they will have to ensure that we don't qualify for Europe next year. (Just like this year in fact.)

I was thinking that as well. Although he may be allowed, with special dispensation, to be the manager for SPL purposes I don't think he would be allowed to manage in European competition which would rule him out IF we were to qualify for Eurpe next season.

Hmmm, does that apply for the Intertoto as well? Could that be why we've decided not to go for it, because they've already decided on Frail and realised he wouldn't be allowed to manage in it?! Man, i'm getting way too paranoid now! This is what Vlad has done to me, I never used to hold this much suspicion about every single decision made by Hearts.

Does anyone out there know the exact rules on this?

zicoinexile

That'll be my decision made on my ST for next season then (ie not renewing).

One lie too many for me if Frail is appointed as "the Manager". He is totally clueless.

Nice guy though..... :rolleyes:

20mths to complete, I smell a dispensation coming, hell the SFA will chuck it at him knowing with him in charge we won't affect the OF.

Anyone with ANY sense would see that a fully qualified, experienced man in charge with Frail as 2nd in command would benefit both club and Frail. Christ, hopefully Frail would see that if he gets this pro licence he doesn't want to start the new career with Vlad's arm firmly up his arse.

scottish_chicP
That'll be my decision made on my ST for next season then (ie not renewing).

One lie too many for me if Frail is appointed as "the Manager". He is totally clueless.

Nice guy though..... :rolleyes:

I am with you on that one. Cannot see me renewing if Frail is announced as manager!

oh ah grantona

this for me means one thing in the summer we will appoint an experienced manager some of the bobby robson mould who would only manage for a couple of years and there job will be to groom frail into managment 20 months to get a licenes is a long time and wouldnt be able to hold a full time managment job and i think he would be unfair on himself and hearts as a club, much better to shadow someone

sandyseymour
To manage on a full time basis at team in the SPL you require the pro license without the pro license your require dispensation from the SFA/SPL to appoint a manager on a full time basis.

I will be very disappointed if Frail is given the job not because he hasnt done a good job but because he isnt experienced enough to be our manager just yet.

That's about how I feel with SF.....he's done OK (give him a 6) but it's his lack of experience that is concerning....so he's now on the steep learning curve of assessing and delivering team tactics, man management etc... and he'll make more mistakes......at our expense. I would be slightly more comfortable if he got help from a relatively experienced recognised assistant coach along the lines on Donald Park.....yes far from perfect and yes not what was promised, but combined could do a good job with someone like Donnie's knowledge of the Scottish game :)

That's about how I feel with SF.....he's done OK (give him a 6) but it's his lack of experience that is concerning....so he's now on the steep learning curve of assessing and delivering team tactics, man management etc... and he'll make more mistakes......at our expense. I would be slightly more comfortable if he got help from a relatively experienced recognised assistant coach along the lines on Donald Park.....yes far from perfect and yes not what was promised, but combined could do a good job with someone like Donnie's knowledge of the Scottish game :)

for me it also means that VR will be interfering next season

Ray Winstone

Might be there at the same time as John Mcglynn (who is paying for it himself)

I would be devastated if Frail was appointed manager, but it does look like he is being geared up to take over on a more permanent basis (or as permanent as the Hearts managers job can be these days)

Guest S.U.S.S.

There is, a number of managers in England have been allowed to continue as they have begun the qualification.

This was my main hope re Frail, the fact he was not due to start until after the new season had begun. Now, im pretty sure he will get the job. Sadly he is not up to it, true he has improved results from the start of the season, but the results are not good enough.

He cant even see Elliot is pish, If he was a manager he would, he would also see he has to drop clum for a bit and work with him to rebuild his confidence, not leave him hanging out to dry week in week out.

JR, please change ur sig to

We need a manager, and Frail is not a manager.

I fear Vlad has the Vaseline out people and is just waiting till the end of the season to ram it up us with Frails appointment.

sandy hearts

I dont think Frail would be prevented from managing hearts in Europe. Avram Grant was mentioned and he is doing it with chelsea in the champ league.

Nice of the SFA to pull the course forward so that Sf isn't at training the day before our top 6 crunch match eh?

Hagar the Horrible

We will get relegated if Frail is named manager? and it will prove that VLAD is still too involved in the playing side? I dont think my season ticket will be getting renewed just yet, just in case? Thats why those who have renewed early are realy not doing the club any favours? if there was no take up it would have forced Vlad to appoint someone quicker or at least give a better guarantee? The timing sucks....good for Shaggy......BAD very BAD for us

jamboinglasgow

Think people are jumping to conclusions to early.

In my mind it is good that Frail is doing his pro lisence. It helps build coaches skill and learning. At barca every main coach from youth level to senior has passed a pro lisecnce and I wish some of our youth coaches were pro-lisecenced as it helps improve the coaching.

Yes it could be that Frail will be manager (which I dont want) or it could be that he has for a while be wanting to do the pro-lisence to be a better coach. Wait until the summer before going mad.

Guest JamboRobbo
Wait until the summer before going mad.

And come the summer, it'll be "lets give him a chance before we slate him", and on and on the charade will go.

Tynecastle Valhalla

It is so glaringly obvious that we need a decent manager in to pick his own team.

If Vlad installs Frail as the number one I really really fear for next season. I think we could be looking at 5 or 6th as best position once again, if not worse.

Frail should remain at hearts and perhaps have a major coaching role, but not manager.

The programme includes a minimum three-day visit to a professional club outwith the UK, a visit to an English Premiership club and a seven-day UEFA Championship study, such as the European Championships, European U21 Championships or Champions League.

He could complete all of these quite easily before next season starts.

SF will not be the manager at Hearts next season :cool:

This is what anyone in his position would do to further their career prospects.

TBH Id like him to stay and coach with whoever is given the gig because he's a Jambo and most likely the new manager wont be :ninja:

SF will not be the manager at Hearts next season :cool:

This is what anyone in his position would do to further their career prospects.

TBH Id like him to stay and coach with whoever is given the gig because he's a Jambo and most likely the new manager wont be :ninja:

aye he will

Guest JamboRobbo
In all honesty!... I am being honest here....

I would rather have Rix back than SF.

ok - own up. are you a 15 year old girl? Do you like slimey older men with long tongues?

ok - own up. are you a 15 year old girl? Do you like older men with long tongues?

Neither! I am merely pointing out that Rix atleast had the balls to say GTF and stop picking the team yad mad fecker! If Rix had been left to do his own thing he would have been a better option than Frail.

If we do appoint another manager with Frail as number 2 and coaching the 1st team I would still rather have Rix than Frail the guy has worked with the top end pros and was a good coach and bags more experience.

Frail is a tosspot! ask Nade! or jose! or Makela! PS: if you want a pro Frail response just ask Robbie or Clum!

Guest JamboRobbo
Neither! I am merely pointing out that Rix atleast had the balls to say GTF and stop picking the team yad mad fecker! If Rix had been left to do his own thing he would have been a better option than Frail.

Eh, no, he had the balls to say "boo hoo the naughty owner keeps telling me what team to pick", before promptly going out and playing the team Vlad told him to play.

If Rix had the balls to send his own team out, and say "back me or sack me", then maybe I'd be more inclinced to agree.

Archived