Honesty ITT

h-e-a-r-t-s

h-e-a-r-t-s

26 wins from 61 games

1 win in 14 games

If it was anyone else we would have been calling for the managers head by now. JJ is a lovely guy and a Hearts legend but he's probably taken us as far as he can, and he's lifted us from a period of despair to a position where we are the 3rd force again. Job done.

Now move upstairs JJ and let's get a great manager in to split the OF.

Who's with me?

Remnants of Standards

Not me. Real Hearts men swept out without a second thought. Joke of a decision. :down:

26 wins from 61 games

1 win in 14 games

If it was anyone else we would have been calling for the managers head by now. JJ is a lovely guy and a Hearts legend but he's probably taken us as far as he can, and he's lifted us from a period of despair to a position where we are the 3rd force again. Job done.

Who's with me?

other apologists for a ridiculous decision no doubt.

Nookie Bear

Agreed.

JJ was the right man for the job at the time, he followed Csaba who was also the right man for the job at the time.

Both men did their job and were replaced when it was time to move onto the next level.

HUGE decision by Vlad and MUST be backed up by a good appointment now.

I prefer looking at achievements

- 3rd last season

- might have pushed for 2nd if he's got the striker in that he wanted (his hands were tied by Romanov on that one)

- good away draws in the first 2 games (Ibrox and in Hungary)

- improved the squad no end since before he came

Aye, I'm sure we'll get a good manager in to split the Old Firm .... or alternatively we can all get real and realise we are now back in a period of turmoil, where we'll get shan managers from Vlad's network, and the team picked on a routine basis by fax.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

It's not on. Vlad treats people like shit. The man's a *****.

But there isn't much we can do about it.

26 wins from 61 games

1 win in 14 games

Who's with me?

away u go jj is a legend romanov OUT the mans a clown

That stats don't lie like. I love JJ and co as they are hearts legends but I think this might actually be the right decision for once. Do not agree with the timing though its a shocker even by Romanov's standards.

What I hope we do now though is not just get in some puppet that will let Romanov muddle with team selection. He has to bring in someone that can take us forward.

Remnants of Standards

Also funny how this is announced after all the season ticket money is in. If you ever shake hands with Vlad count yer fingers.

Robbo-Jambo

26 wins from 61 games

1 win in 14 games

Who's with me?

Not good stats but it is the timing of the decision that is horrendous. 99 per cent of these stats were from last season so why not sack them during the close season rather than letting them go ahead and bring in their new players. Absolutely crazy stuff from a madman. :verymad:

Hearts of Vladland

If Hibs hadn't won in how many ever games we would be laugh our tits off at them tbh.

Why was nobody calling for his head before today then?

mod delete

JJ is a hearts legend, got us into Europe in his first season back, gave us great victories over Hibs and this is how people react.

JJ wanted another striker in come January, it didn't happen and we well apart when Kyle got injured.

JJ was kept on after the summer and has just spent the last couple of months moulding a new side together and brought new players in. What is the point in this then sacking him before the Europa league, the same Europa league he got us into on Thurs night?

We lost yesterday against a side who were fitter than us due to starting the season before us. Another day we would have hammered them.

Excuse making for Romanov is pathetic - again I'll ask where was this sort of thread yesterday or towards the end of last season.

gowestjambo

That stats don't lie like. I love JJ and co as they are hearts legends but I think this might actually be the right decision for once. Do not agree with the timing though its a shocker even by Romanov's standards.

What I hope we do now though is not just get in some puppet that will let Romanov muddle with team selection. He has to bring in someone that can take us forward.

And he would be worse than 1 League win in 14 would he?

Yesterday JJ was clueless, and I am not the slightest concerned he has gone.

Remnants of Standards

Ah well, some on here seem unconcerned. I'm sure they will be first to warmly shake the hand of the next incumbent. You better be quick though.... :ninja:

JJ is a hearts legend, got us into Europe in his first season back, gave us great victories over Hibs and this is how people react.

JJ wanted another striker in come January, it didn't happen and we well apart when Kyle got injured.

JJ was kept on after the summer and has just spent the last couple of months moulding a new side together and brought new players in. What is the point in this then sacking him before the Europa league, the same Europa league he got us into on Thurs night?

We lost yesterday against a side who were fitter than us due to starting the season before us. Another day we would have hammered them.

Excuse making for Romanov is pathetic - again I'll ask where was this sort of thread yesterday or towards the end of last season.

It's happened from day one,Robbo got the boot because he didn't fancy all the FCUK Kaunas players,he was ridiculed by some so called supporters,the same ones who have backed every decision made by their beloved vlad,the same ones who will right now or later on backing their saviour again,"but,but,but,he kept us at Tynecastle",you wait and see how many times that line gets rolled out.

If a change was needed it HAD to be made in the Summer. VR has not had a great track record when it comes to hiring managers and I fear for us now. It's not as if he's said thanks JJ but now its time we moved on to next level and hired mourinho.

Quite frankly, yet another display of lunacy from the madman!!!

h-e-a-r-t-s

probably because fans are influenced by emotion. this is a completely emotionless and ruthless decision. doesn't necessarily make it wrong though.

kingantti1874

Sadly and with regret I can honestly say if this was not JJ I'd have been moaning a while back... Very sad to see the great man leave the club, he's a legend but on the park we've been mince since march...

I am however worried about who he is replaced with

The Comedian

:spoton:

Have to say I am bemused by this,yes I was critical of his tactics at times but nobody I'm their right mind would back a manager,bring in players and then sack his after 2 league matches

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

The whole board were creaming their pants after the rangers game, now we are getting last seasons results as some sort of justification. If last season was so bad were was the clamour to have him sacked before now ?

Thunderstruck

A read through posts made only yesterday would show a considerable amount of exasperation with JJ's formations and tactics.

It is probably only his status as a Hearts man that stops stronger criticism. In this sort of job, nobody should be above criticism if the results are poor.

vintage1874

It's happened from day one,Robbo got the boot because he didn't fancy all the FCUK Kaunas players,he was ridiculed by some so called supporters,the same ones who have backed every decision made by their beloved vlad,the same ones who will right now or later on backing their saviour again,"but,but,but,he kept us at Tynecastle",you wait and see how many times that line gets rolled out.

Hard to argue with any of this. The anti JJ mob seem to be coming out of the woodwork. Sure JJ gets somethings wrong but I feel he is the man to take us forward.

I think Romanov's a prick, and would be happy, happy, happy for him to bugger off. However I have no issue with JJ moving on, or indeed upstairs, he wasn't doing anything for me. I want a manager to attack the OF, dump shit players, bring in good players. Get us beyond 3rd place. JJ may be 100% Hearts, but he isn't that manager. We should NEVER have been beaten by Utd at home and the run at the end of the season was shockingly bad.

I just pray the new crew aren't from Kaunas, like some sort of Thomson / manager swap deal.

HEAR HEAR spot on

Jj, bb and lockey have provided us with vital stability and although I'm not happy about this decision after Thursday I saw it coming. I was there in Hungary and we lacked so many aspects to our game and at 1-1 and half time jj must have known we could have pushed on and got more goals instead sutton comes off and Stevenson on. That kind of decision is why we draw too many games against lesser opposition.

I honestly can't believe there are couple of fans still backing Vlad. JJ and Brown are for me the best management outwith the ugly sisters. Ok results end of last season weren't great but you's weren't exactly terrible on Sunday so to sack them is unreal. You played Rangers off the park and very unlucky not to be 3 up at half time. This sacking is in poor taste as JJ is a respected manager throughout the game and Vlad needs to sort himself out which sadly for the fans I cant see him doing it. Don't think you will be short of applicants but you won't get the passion shown from JJ & BB Hearts men through and through.

kingantti1874

Wee robbo-surely to feck you aren't even pretending to be undercover when continually referring to hearts as 'yous' if you are PMSL

Robbo-Jambo

One win in 14. Everybody seems to be forgetting the run earlier in the season where we didnt get beat for months that ultimately got us into Europe. <_<

Rick Grimes

Nice idea in the OP but I don't think it necessarily stands up to scrutiny. Sure, if we were a remotely normally run football club then JJ's results in the last few months might have been enough to see him fired. In that scenario we'd expect a good established manager or a young up & comer looking to make his name to be coming in as a replacement.

Unfortunately we're not that kind of club. All evidence from the last few years points to us bringing in a manager who is more willing to bend to team selection & match day decisions being heavily interfered with than JJ was. Sure, he didn't outright defy Romanov but he was willing to say no and justify his decisions.

We lucked out getting JJ back when we did - he's at the tail end of his career so Romanov didn't have to worry about him trying to jump ship to a bigger club should he have a successful season or two. We all know how big on loyalty & heavy on paranoia Romanov is so the benefit of this can't be understated. JJ also knows the club inside out and, whilst probably not the best tactician, is a good man manager which a club like ours sorely needs.

I don't doubt we'll get lots of applications for the job as any prospective managers worth a sook are in a no lose situation. If Romanov stays out of team affairs then they get a relatively big budget to play with. If he pokes his nose in then they'll likely end up pushed out for defying him. In either scenario they get paid their full bumper contract anyway.

My apprehension may be wrong - maybe Romanov will appoint a good manager and let him get on with it. There's little evidence to suggest he will though.

PISH RIGHT AWF!!

Ive never been 'anti vlad' but the guys a bammer and made a terrible decision, at the moment in time.

As another poster said look at the positives. This '1 in 14' nonsense is ridiculous. Lets say we'd won 5 but played terribly and got pumped in the rest, would that have been better? would it feck. He lost 4 in the last 14, which is not good but keep in mind the team at the end of last season as well as the fact it was in the top six (against celtic, rangers and the better teams in the league).

If Vlad really didnt agree it should have been sorted out before the start of the season not based on one game.

Im not sure of the details yet but I feel it is not because of footballing matters.

The little respect I had left for Vlad has now finally gone. What was the point in this??

We will get some unknown eastern European chancer and will struggle to make the top 6.

I will of course eat humble pie if he tempts a top class manager to Tynecastle.

so called fans coming on here that back vlad ought to take a serious look at themselves... to sack a legend before such an important match is beyond belief........ vlad will finish this club

kingantti1874

I'd be the worst undercover spy if I was :) I'm a Hibs fan mate, said from the very first post.

Fair enough

SpikeDudley

I agree.

Form has been terrible since January and yesterday was tactical ineptitude.

The timing isn't great, but I can see why Romanov wielded the axe.

Too bad 90% of people would rather partake in the good old knee-jerk RMOANOV OUT!

bigsuperslim1874

I think Romanov's a prick, and would be happy, happy, happy for him to bugger off. However I have no issue with JJ moving on, or indeed upstairs, he wasn't doing anything for me. I want a manager to attack the OF, dump shit players, bring in good players. Get us beyond 3rd place. JJ may be 100% Hearts, but he isn't that manager. We should NEVER have been beaten by Utd at home and the run at the end of the season was shockingly bad.

I just pray the new crew aren't from Kaunas, like some sort of Thomson / manager swap deal.

This - absolutely spot-on for most of the points raised

Thunderstruck

I honestly can't believe there are couple of fans still backing Vlad. JJ and Brown are for me the best management outwith the ugly sisters. Ok results end of last season weren't great but you's weren't exactly terrible on Sunday so to sack them is unreal. You played Rangers off the park and very unlucky not to be 3 up at half time. This sacking is in poor taste as JJ is a respected manager throughout the game and Vlad needs to sort himself out which sadly for the fans I cant see him doing it. Don't think you will be short of applicants but you won't get the passion shown from JJ & BB Hearts men through and through.

Nonsense. Peter Houston has improved on what Levein started. Terry Butcher worked wonders on a tiny budget.

Passion is all good and well but tactical nous is much more important.

We played Rangers off the park for 45 minutes but McCoist made the change that changed the game - Thereafter it was the usual backs to the wall end to the game.

Would you prefer JJ or one of Romanov's puppets? Because that is what you'll get.

Lets be honest with ourselves no one was calling for JJ's head this morning, no one mentioned the 1 in 14 record - so please stop the Vald love in - he's a maniac. The management team have done something he doesn't like so it's out the door with them nothing to do with results.

Until we find out who is coming in we can't make a call on whether it was the right move or not. But to blindly follow this guy is laughable.

As regards the results at the end of last season,we had a cryptic statement from the club regarding that bad spell and reading between the lines it was suggesting other reasons for the bad results.If Vlad was behind the statement has something changed or am i way out here?

In layman's terms,if it was just bad management then say so...we're all big boys,Vlad!

The cryptic pish has to go!

I agree.

Form has been terrible since January and yesterday was tactical ineptitude.

The timing isn't great, but I can see why Romanov wielded the axe.

Too bad 90% of people would rather partake in the good old knee-jerk RMOANOV OUT!

Form has been awful right enough - an away point at Ibrox where we played very well & an away draw in Europe where we looked comfortable and set ourselves up nicely for progressing. Sundays game was the one bad result out of 3, and most teams struggle after Euro away games.

This about the back end of last season is a pile of nonsense. Any manager would have struggled with our injury list.

I can't believe people think JJ hasn't improved us. If he wasn't in place Templeton would never have flourished. He improved Mowriec no end & attracted some good summer signings. Its crazy to sack him now. If he wanted to do it, he should have done it in the summer. For me the timing says its to do with the CT affair.

We'll get plenty of applicants - all wanting big contracts, knowing fine well that Romanov will get out of bed on the wrong side at some point in the next 12 months, sack them and give them a big pay off.

Timing was typical Vlad but I have raised the issue of how long JJ would last with results since turn of the year and his lack of tactical variety and am not alone in having done so. As ever the ?64,000 question is who is next. Wrong choice and Vlad will have no support left. Keep JJ at the club as DOF and get in a modern coach who gets results and most folk will move on.

Mac_fae_Gillie

The end of last season was a disgrace and out of 3 games this season and 1 friendly(Royalnt') we have scored only 3goals 2pens 1corner.

Not a single goal from free play,that has me worried.

but yesterday we were all over DutD and were more unlucky than bad so for that to be JJs downfall is crazy and just before Paksi game is outright mad.

Thx to 98' JJ has a place in our Hearts which raised him higher than most,3rd last year was great but he never adapted after the loss of KK which meant we had one of the worst runs ive ever seen.

Hate this occuring and the timing seems off but I feel JJ only had few weeks under any owner to improve but 0 under a tough Russian.

Archived