The new Hearts song

Beats

I don't know why the club feel the need to keep coming up with new versions of the song when the Hector Nicol version is the best.

Some of the modern versions are okay but the one played at the game yesterday was dreadful.

It was pure Gash,,,,, Hectors version is the best, who actully goes out and buys the new version everytime we release one? It was cringey and no wonder we got beat coming out to that. Get the real version back, its the only version.

Hi Boomstick

Hi Beats.

I'm just gonna go for a walk just now. Help me get over this.

As you were...

Hi Beats.

I'm just gonna go for a walk just now. Help me get over this.

As you were...

Before you do I would like some thoughts on the new version please.

I feel that a fresh summer tune would be best and as such i feel this would be perfect...

YAH YAH YAH COCO JAMBO!!!!!

Sheiky Baby

I think everyone should go out and buy the Hector Nicol version again in protest.

I get a few bob if you do

:verysmug:

Do you remember Shout was play everytime we scored in the early 2000's :lol:

Shout as in Lulu?! Because if so then i do not remember that lol

Gigolo-Aunt

I never thought anything could top the crop circles that were burned on to the pitch in the 90's (and then removed, I think after the SFA told Hearts to sort it out), but the need to re write the Hearts song is up there.

vintage1874

:vrface:

Utter pish.

Thoughts?

I agree. We got in a bit later than usual to be greeted by the terrible version. Not too keen on change its the Hector or 86 version for me.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Shout as in Lulu?! Because if so then i do not remember that lol

Does anybody remember the 'HEY HEY HEY WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY' sdng after the games a few years ago, crackin' tune!

heartsfc_fan

Does anybody remember the 'HEY HEY HEY WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY' sdng after the games a few years ago, crackin' tune!

Yep.

Sung by a group called The Levellers. Song called Beautiful Day (funnily enough).

Reminds be if that season we had a few years ago when we finished 2nd. That tune was on at the end of every home match we won.

Beautiful Sunday?

Dungdhee Hibhernhian song.

:down:

That version of the song was utterly dreadful, it was like some watered down American ballad, like Celine Dion or Mariah Carey, but without any of the passion or guile of those two.

It was the least inspiring song I've perhaps ever heard, even the utter pish in the charts inspires me to rage or disgust, that had zero appeal, it was bland and insipid.

If it were a foodstuff it would be cheesestrings.

If it were a drink it would be watered down McEwan's lager.

If it were a feeling it would be apathy.

If it were a car it would be a Citroen.

If it were a TV show it would be Cash in the Attic.

Really, there was no need, and even if there were a need, that was not the solution.

Why do the people who do each new version slow the song down?

Speed the ###### up and it might be liked.

Buffalo Bill

'86 version is my favourite.

Worst thing I ever heard though was that terrible CD of songs they brought out years ago - The Jambo Tribe.

Why do the people who do each new version slow the song down?

Speed the ###### up and it might be liked.

I had to wait in a queue for half an hour at the ticket office so didn't hear the song well but it did sound slow. I seem to remember them doing that for other new versions too. Sounds terrible.

'86 version is my favourite.

Worst thing I ever heard though was that terrible CD of songs they brought out years ago - The Jambo Tribe.

That has to be the worst set of songs ever released. We used to play it in the car on the way to the game when I was a kid mainly to laugh at how bad it was.

It must be Hector Nicol's version on Thursday night. Get the team going, get the fans going, and lets PS fall in love with the mighty Heart of Midlothian.

pettigrewsstylist

I don't know why the club feel the need to keep coming up with new versions of the song when the Hector Nicol version is the best.

Some of the modern versions are okay but the one played at the game yesterday was dreadful.

in a word?

INCOME

Archived