Our best team

We_are_the_Hearts

We_are_the_Hearts

What's folks thoughts on it if everyone fit?

I would like to see:

Kello

Hamill-Zal-Webster-Grainger

Temps-Jonsson-Tauoil-Rudi

Kyle-Sutton

What's folks thoughts on it if everyone fit?

I would like to see:

Kello

Hamill-Zal-Webster-Grainger

Temps-Jonsson-Tauoil-Rudi

Kyle-Sutton

Big IF!!!! Not sure 442 works for us. If so, I'd go

Kello

Hammil Webster Zal Grainger

Suso Black Obua Driver

Sutton Kyle

Be more tempted to go

Kello

Black Obua

Suso Mehdi Driver

Kyle

To be honest, that's my best, one-off team. If I'm choosing a team to play for the season, I'd be very tempted to play Eggy rather than Webster for continuity's sake - let him grow into the role and be safe in the knowledge he won't pull out of game and let us down cos he's ripped his tights.

Rudi, Temps and Arvy all very close to both teams, but fantastic to have on the bench. Not much between Elliott and Sutton to partner Kyle as and when (at the moment anyway - one may come on to a game and edge above the other).

Both teams a bit unfair on Adrian, who has started the season well, but he wouldn't be in my longterm plans. As soon as Black looks like he's more interested in vendettas than football, he'd be hooked and dropped for a while.

Kello

Hamill -- Zaliukas --Webster -- Grainger

Taouil -- Mrowiec -- Skacel -- Temps

Kyle -- Sutton

Templeton'sUnderpants

Kello

Mcgowan----Jonsson----Zal----Grainger

------------Black---Hamill-----------

Suso-----------Rudi------------Temps

-------------Kyle--------------------

markletissier

I'd still have 2 T's ad Kyle up front together. I think 2 T's is out most natural goalscoring striker and he will come good with a good number of starts upfront rather than on the right wing.

Kello

Jonsson* Taouil

Templeton Skacel Driver

Kyle

*or maybe Black or Mroweic - would depend on who we are playing/if I believed Black would play the role he was told to,

I'd still have 2 T's ad Kyle up front together. I think 2 T's is out most natural goalscoring striker and he will come good with a good number of starts upfront rather than on the right wing.

Elliott is a terrible finisher, playing out on the right suits him as it hides his lack of a finish and highlights his workrate.

Chris Benoit

Kello

McGowan

Jonsson

Zal

Grainger

Obua

Black

Rudi

Suso

Temps

Kyle

4-2-3-1 that team would take points off everyone in the league.

Tynecastle Valhalla

Kello

Hamill -- McGowan--Webster -- Grainger

Suso-- Medhi-- Skacel -- Temps

Kyle -- Elliott

The Old Tolbooth

At home

Kello

McGowan Webster Zal Grainger

Suso Robinson Black Temps

Elliot

Kyle

I couldn't make my mind up between Zaliukas or Eggert, and decided that I'd like another centre half to be signed but opted for Zal for the time being, although the jury is still very much out on sicknote Webster too for me.

Away from home I'd play

Kello

Eggert

Suso Robinson Black Temps

Kyle

The Old Tolbooth

Small percentage of teams posted include Driver. People forgetting how good he is imo.

To be fair, I don't think anyone has forgotten how good he was, but he needs to come back and prove himself again, and if he can get back to his old level of form then he'd be first pick almost every time I'd imagine.

To be fair, I don't think anyone has forgotten how good he was, but he needs to come back and prove himself again, and if he can get back to his old level of form then he'd be first pick almost every time I'd imagine.

Fair enough. Really hoping he's back to his old self this season. Massive clich? but be like a new signing. Would give the whole club a lift if he can find his best.

Chris Benoit

Small percentage of teams posted include Driver. People forgetting how good he is imo.

I'll be honest I forgot about him :(

I dont see why everyone is putting Hamill at right back, IMO McGowan looks a quality player who could easily grow into that role for us and make it his own. Hamill would be better in a holding role alongside Mrowiec instead of Black. I completely agree with 'The Big O' that Eggy would be more reliable than Webster in the CB role but when both are fit Webster is by far the better player.

Kello

Hamill Mrowiec

Temps Taouil Driver

Kyle

That would be my selection if all were fit and available

I dont see why everyone is putting Hamill at right back, IMO McGowan looks a quality player who could easily grow into that role for us and make it his own. Hamill would be better in a holding role alongside Mrowiec instead of Black. I completely agree with 'The Big O' that Eggy would be more reliable than Webster in the CB role but when both are fit Webster is by far the better player.

Kello

Hamill Mrowiec

Temps Taouil Driver

Kyle

That would be my selection if all were fit and available

I guess it depends on what everyone means by "best" team. At the moment Hamill is probably a better fullback but then McGowan has a lot of potential. I think you may well have a point though. I'd like to see this team but with Taouil instead of Mroweic when we play bottom six teams.

Kello

McGowan, Webster, Zaliukas, Grainger

Black, Mrowiec

Elliott, Skacel, Templeton

Sutton

I guess it depends on what everyone means by "best" team. At the moment Hamill is probably a better fullback but then McGowan has a lot of potential. I think you may well have a point though. I'd like to see this team but with Taouil instead of Mroweic when we play bottom six teams.

Yeah good point, Taouil replacing Mrowiec and then maybe Elliott coming in??

The Old Tolbooth

Fair enough. Really hoping he's back to his old self this season. Massive clich? but be like a new signing. Would give the whole club a lift if he can find his best.

You and me both mate, would be great to see the old Andy back.

what have Taouil and Hammill done to get in peoples best 11's?

Played well for Kille for a number of seasons. Maybe, likes?

Who would you have instead??

_______________Kello

McGowan__Zaliukas__Webster__Grainger

__________Jonsson__Obua

______Suso_____Skacel_____Templeton

________________Kyle

if Holt, Denis or Robinson can prove themselves then they can take Obuas place.

Hammill can have Jonsson or McGowans place if he is any good.

Taouil can take either wing if any good.

Played well for Kille for a number of seasons. Maybe, likes?

:lol: Taouil was a waste of space at Killie

_______________Kello

McGowan__Zaliukas__Webster__Grainger

__________Jonsson__Obua

______Suso_____Skacel_____Templeton

________________Kyle

First of all as far as i am aware Skacel is currently now a free agent as of 0000hrs this morning not a hearts player and under your argument of 'what has he done to get in your 11' how exactly does Obua deserve his place as holding midfielder over guys like Mrowiec?!

Kello

Hamill Webster Zaliukas Grainger

Black Obua

Temps Skacel Driver

Kyle

This.....I think. It'll change by next week.

:lol: Taouil was a waste of space at Killie

So when Mixu (manager of the year, mind) said that everyone was talking about Eremenko but he thought Mehdi has been their best player, he was talking pish?

Fair enough. You'll know better.

Sorry for the confusion.

I'll change my team above to

Kello

Jonsson Zal Webster Pala (no club yet, get him back)

Mrowiec Black

Temps Rudi Temps

Bone

All players we know and trust. Phew!

First of all as far as i am aware Skacel is currently now a free agent as of 0000hrs this morning not a hearts player and under your argument of 'what has he done to get in your 11' how exactly does Obua deserve his place as holding midfielder over guys like Mrowiec?!

tbh it was a toss up between the two, based on THIS season Obua deserves his place, based on THIS season Hammill and Taouil don't YET deserve there place :thumbsup:

Guildford_Jambo

Kello

Mcgowan----Webster----Zal----Grainger

-----------Black ---------------

Temps-----Rudi----------Obua----------Driver

-------------Kyle----Sutton----------------

Bench: GK, Stevenson, Jonsson, Hamill, Taouil, Arvy (+ one of Robinson, Denis, Elliott, Elliot, Pole)

Kello

McGowan-Jonsson-Webster-Grainger

Black-Robinson

Templeton-Skacel-Driver

Kyle

All well and fit (and eligible) obviously. :rolleyes:

Kello

Mcgowan----Webster----Zal----Grainger

-----------Black ---------------

Temps-----Rudi----------Obua----------Driver

-------------Kyle----Sutton----------------

Bench: GK, Stevenson, Jonsson, Hamill, Taouil, Arvy (+ one of Robinson, Denis, Elliott, Elliot, Pole)

12 players dude! I was reading that thinking, yeh why didn't I come up with that - took me a while!!

12 players dude! I was reading that thinking, yeh why didn't I come up with that - took me a while!!

Did the exact same lol

Personally I thought the strange formation tried on Sunday was really ineffective. Black sat out on the right midfield and we had nothing on that side going forward, making our attack predictable and one sided on the left. After seeing the bench I really thought we'd put out the wrong side. With Sutton (who thrives off supply) we had our best creative player, Rudi, on the bench and we had the other strong winger fit, Novi, on the bench too. It just never made any sense. So my team at the moment with (injuries etc) has to be;

Kello

Mrowiec Black

Templeton Skacel Novikovas

Sutton

But if we are looking at what our best team would look like;

Kello

Taouil Mrowiec Skacel Templeton/Novikovas

Kyle Sutton

As for Thursday, JJ if you're looking, then the top team would be great, if Taouil is fit and ready then maybe him over say Temps.

tbh it was a toss up between the two, based on THIS season Obua deserves his place, based on THIS season Hammill and Taouil don't YET deserve there place :thumbsup:

Hmmm i see your point buuuuut its our BEST players and i feel that Mrowiec is better than Obua in that position

Hmmm i see your point buuuuut its our BEST players and i feel that Mrowiec is better than Obua in that position

fair enough, personally i hope we can bring through one of our three young centre mids to play there :thumbsup:

Jamtarts-1874

Kello

Hammil Webster zal grainger

Templeton Obua Skacel Driver

Kyle Sutton

pasquale-bruno-HMFC-legend

(4-1-3-2)

-------------Kello-----------------

Hamill-Webster-Zaliukas-Grainger

--------------Jonsson-----------------

Templeton-----Skacel-----Driver

-------------------S.Elliott----------

------------Kyle----------------------

Subs : MacDonald, McGowan, Black, Taouil, Robinson, Sutton

Position by position;

Goalkeeper - Kello, easy choice IMO, he is the best goalkeeper in the SPL.

Right back - we have a few choices, no player has really made that position their own since Robbie Neilson left. Jonsson, McGowan, Hamill and Barr can all play there. I haven't really seen Hamill much at right back so it's difficult to comment, I've seen McGowan play in all 3 games there this season, he was outstanding against Rangers, he wasn't troubled much in Hungary and against Dundee United, he was poor. Jonsson is the most experienced right back we have at the club. It's difficult to choose between McGowan and Jonsson, I'll go with experience, Jonsson.

Centre backs - I feel Zaliukas and Webster will be the long term defensive pairing if both fit. Jonsson can also play there.

Left back - Grainger is the only natural left back in the first team. Jonsson and Skacel can both play left back as well.

Centre midfield - David Obua seems to have found his position in-field, one thing I'd do is play him deeper, he doesn't support the lone striker enough which leaves him isolated. I'd play Ian Black beside him, he is a harder worker than Obua which I feel will balance the team in that position.

Centre attacking midfield - we could have Stevenson, Skacel, Taouil or Obua. I feel Rudi Skacel played that position perfectly last season, if he re-signs I would play him in that position, if not then I'd be more tempted to play Stevo over Taouil.

Wingers - Templeton, Elliott, Suso, Driver, Taouil or Novikovas. I think Stephen Elliott is the best finisher at the club, I don't think he suits the lone striker role in a 4-5-1/4-3-3 but I do feel he should play. On the other side it is between Templeton and Novikovas. Driver and Suso really fit into our current formation as well though and could easily fill in if there are inj/susp's or loss of form. I'm going to say Templeton as he is one of the best players at running at defenders and beating them.

Striker - there's probably 4 players that can play that role, Sutton, Kyle, Stevenson and C.Elliot. I think Sutton hasn't got the support in the first few games, I don't think it's fair to judge him on 3 games. Kyle got that support and done very well. Stevenson and Elliot probably wouldn't be either of my first choices. I'm going for Kyle.

Kello

Jonsson Zaliukas Webster Grainger

Black Obua

S.Elliott Skacel Templeton

Kyle

-bench;

McDonald

Hamill

Mrowiec

Stevenson

Novikovas

Driver

Sutton

For what it's worth, I'd like to go with:

-------- Kello --------

McGowan -- Jonsson -- Zaliukas -- Grainger

------ Hamill ------ Obua ------

Driver ------ Skacel ------ Templeton

-------- Kyle --------

The wingers would switch during games when appropriate.

I think that midfield gives us a favourable guile/steel ratio.

I do think that Webster is the better CB than Jonsson, but I believe that a defence needs continuity as much as it needs talent, and accommodating a CB that will only be available 70% of the time isn't wise.

Kello

Hammill Webster Jonnson Grainger

Templeton Black Skacel Driver

Taouil

Kyle

Cut The Crap

Kello

McGowan Zaliukas Webster Grainger

Black Robinson

Templeton Skacel Driver

Kyle

Haven't seen enough of Hamill yet, but he may turn out to be the man for right-back or to replace Black in CM.

Key is to forge a central defensive partnership, ideally involving Webster. If he can't get fit then it might be best to stick with Zal and Jonsson and hope for the best.

Good attacking backup from Elliott, Suso, Taouil and Sutton. Not much cover in defence though...

Good attacking backup from Elliott, Suso, Taouil and Sutton. Not much cover in defence though...

From the team you have picked we would have plenty cover for defence... Jonsson, Mrowiec, Hamill and Barr who i feel hasnt had a fair crack at the whip!

if we play 4-5-1

.......................Kello

Hamill......Zal.....Webster.....Grainger

................Mrowiec.....Black

Suso.............Skacel..............Templeton

......................Kyle

This lineup leaves out McGowan, Jonsson, Driver, Obua, Sutton and Elliott who could all possibly claim a place here.

If we play 442

.......................Kello

Hamill......Zal.....Webster.....Grainger

Suso.......Obua...Black.......Driver

..........Kyle...........Sutton

Again, a lot of good players left out - Skacel being the main one this time.

From the team you have picked we would have plenty cover for defence... Jonsson, Mrowiec, Hamill and Barr who i feel hasnt had a fair crack at the whip!

He's had enough cracks of the whip for JJ to decide he's pish! And that inclues watching him in training every day, mind.

Archived