Highlights

Johanes de Silentio

jambos are go!

The 2 Strikers had 3 gilt edged chances between them and took none. So gilt edged chances were created

tartofmidlothian

From the highlights that was a pretty good game and we were every bit as much in it as they were. Just looked like one of those days when nothing was coming off for us, especially Sutton and Elliott.

Also, Temps' turn and shot at 4:40 really deserved a goal.

Snake Plissken

The 2 Strikers had 3 gilt edged chances between them and took none. So gilt edged chances were created

Yep.

On another day it's a tight win.

Just some really poor finishing cost us and a lapse from a set piece.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Who was the man that left the far post at the goal? As culpable as Zaliukas.

bajthejambo

Yep.

On another day it's a tight win.

Just some really poor finishing cost us and a lapse from a set piece.

It was all Zal's fault mate apparently.

The final attack there! Stevenson beats the UTD keeper to the ball and flicks it across goal... Obua's already given up and was walking back up the pitch???? WTF!

Who was the man that left the far post at the goal? As culpable as Zaliukas.

I mentioned this in another thread mate. I don't know why he feels that he has to wander a yard off the post he's there to protect... Think it was McGowan. He had a nightmare game yesterday.

Johanes de Silentio

I mentioned this in another thread mate. I don't know why he feels that he has to wander a yard off the post he's there to protect... Think it was McGowan. He had a nightmare game yesterday.

No he didn't.

The final attack there! Stevenson beats the UTD keeper to the ball and flicks it across goal... Obua's already given up and was walking back up the pitch???? WTF!

I was in the Roseburn and we noticed that. It`s what im taling about, you need players who want it, who gamble, follow things in and take a chance. Obua does this time and again, he turns away and never chases lost causes.

Johanes de Silentio

In what way was he not dreadful?

McGowan was fine defensively, imo - maybe not great coming forward, but then, he is a defender.

Right I'll give you that, defensively he was fine, nothing more than that. But anytime he crossed the halfway line he looked like a rabbit in headlights and panicked everytime he got the ball. His passing was appalling, he gave the ball away more times than he kept it. In modern football your full backs need to be more than defenders, for example Danny Grainger on the other side can go forward with ease and put in very dangerous balls as well as defending solidly.

I really hope his performance at Ibrox wasn't just a one-off.

How did we not score :facepalm: 2 or 3 very good chances

this has been my point all along. our strikers let us down badly.

could someone who attended the pre-season friendlies tell me if sutton and elliott played UP FRONT together please?

Johanes de Silentio

Right I'll give you that, defensively he was fine, nothing more than that. But anytime he crossed the halfway line he looked like a rabbit in headlights and panicked everytime he got the ball. His passing was appalling, he gave the ball away more times than he kept it. In modern football your full backs need to be more than defenders, for example Danny Grainger on the other side can go forward with ease and put in very dangerous balls as well as defending solidly.

I really hope his performance at Ibrox wasn't just a one-off.

Seems he played well in Hungary as well, so it seems not.

The other thing that I forgot to mention, which has been mentioned a fair few times on various threads, is that McGowan got zero support when trying to get forward, which is true.

No point in comparing Ryan with Grainger - they're different players - it's part of Grainger's natural game to get forward - McGowan is much more of a defensive type.

I think it was Mrowiec, but McGowan was nearby too.

Grainger, when he went forward was supported by Temps, who may not have been having the best of games, but carried enough threat for utd to put two defenders on him for most of the match. Grainger then had some space to work with, something Gowser wasn't allowed.

Anyway I'm not subjecting myself to the highlights, they'll just make me cry.

Grainger, when he went forward was supported by Temps, who may not have been having the best of games, but carried enough threat for utd to put two defenders on him for most of the match. Grainger then had some space to work with, something Gowser wasn't allowed.

Anyway I'm not subjecting myself to the highlights, they'll just make me cry.

this man got it, as did jungle john. mcgowan was left exposed down that flank all game because black kept drifting into the middle.

Archived