Jeffries after match

hmfc fan

The Old Tolbooth

Im kinda in agreement with you John, but id rather our first choice strikers looked like the dangerous hitmen we hoped they would be, than the average, could be anyone, nothing special players they looked like today.

It's a bit daft saying that though mate, because the whole point is that both of our strikers were having an off day in front of goal, and the whole argument is based around what should have been done to rectify this, ie bringing on an actual striker, in an actual strikers role.

It doesn't matter if said striker is deemed to be less of a player than the two strikers who have been subbed, the whole point is that the two strikers who have been subbed were having an absolute holocaust of a game, and surely Smith wouldn't/couldn't have been any worse than what we'd already witnessed, if that makes sense.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Our record over the past 14 games is pish. We wont hear how tolerant vlad is though. Jim is lucky to still be in a job.

Regardless of the owner.

What? :tlj:

We'll talk about this on the bus to Motherwell next week mate ;)

Cannae mate I've got work shite on, next game (after Thursday) will probably be Killie

After watching the highlights the two for Elliott looked clear cut and Sutton should have got his on target and to be honest all 3 should have scored whereas apart from the goal and Daly's effort just before it all of United's opportunities looked like half chances at best, I don't know what difference Butcher or McCall would have made today and I can't understand the dislike for Jefferies on here sometimes

The knives were sharpened last week ahead of Ibrox and he got us a good performance and result which could have been different on another day, against Paski we dominated but lacked the cutting edge, all we're missing at the moment is that little bit of luck which can make the difference (and strikers who can finish their chances into the bottom corners)

One last point as I didn't notice it before and apologies if it's already been said but OP it's

JEFFERIES

Graham Thomson

I thought United were comfortable winners and by far the better team, we were poor in the 2nd half , thought the team selection and tactics were poor, to many times we change things to accomadate certain players black at right mid?? We shoud have kept the formation with Sutton up top temps and novi wide black and stevo in midfield with obua supporting , play players in usual positions oh and please J J give RObinson a chance .

Unfortunately JJ seems to have no plan b most of the time plan a works.

Today things never fell for us we will be back.

Have faith gorgie rules

Johanes de Silentio

Unfortunately JJ seems to have no plan b most of the time plan a works.

Today things never fell for us we will be back.

Have faith gorgie rules

Summed up in a nutshell.

What frustrates me is that it seems to take JJ an age to see what we can all see during a match. Had me thinking, we have JJ, BB, and GL all in the dugout during a game. Wouldn't it be a good idea for 1 of them to be in the stand where they can actually get a decent view of what is happening on the pitch?

Maybe then it wouldn't have taken 60+ minutes to see we did bugger all down the right side today and that switching Temps over was a good idea. Might also be able to see the lack of movement up front and lack of quality balls going into the box. Mind you, you could be standing in Outer Mongolia and you'd know that punting high balls up front when against Gary Kenneth was a bad idea!!!

Total faith in JJ, we started slowly last year and went on a great run, more than capable of that again this season. Keep the Faith. Always hard for teams after away games in Europe and dont think we were total crap today. Two teams pretty well matched IMO. :turned:

The Old Tolbooth

Cannae mate I've got work shite on, next game (after Thursday) will probably be Killie

After watching the highlights the two for Elliott looked clear cut and Sutton should have got his on target and to be honest all 3 should have scored whereas apart from the goal and Daly's effort just before it all of United's opportunities looked like half chances at best, I don't know what difference Butcher or McCall would have made today and I can't understand the dislike for Jefferies on here sometimes

The knives were sharpened last week ahead of Ibrox and he got us a good performance and result which could have been different on another day, against Paski we dominated but lacked the cutting edge, all we're missing at the moment is that little bit of luck which can make the difference (and strikers who can finish their chances into the bottom corners)

Ach bummer, I thought you were going mate, no worries.

Anyway, Butcher and McCall are two names that just sprung to mind, I actually think Butcher would do a decent job as he's done a very good job at ICT, although the jury would be out on McCall as I feel he's yet to prove himself, but seems to be doing well so far at Motherwell. I just think that JJ has lost the plot sometimes, don't get me wrong, he'd run through walls to see Hearts win, but he doesn't half have been in some foul moods with his team selections and poor choice of tactics.

Frustrated.com :wacko:

John i wil join you on that bus ,but RUDI SIGNING TODAY IS A DEFINATLEY

Nice one mate, see you on Sunday, but you'll need to introduce yersel as I'm terrible with names :D

The Treasurer

No mention of us being a goal down and actually NEEDING a goal to get back in the game, and Jefferies taking off our two strikers to replace them with two midfielders then?

This will be the two midfielders who between them scored around 20 goals last season.

Buffalo Bill

These games are won and lost on the margins. On another day, Hearts might've won, but we didn't and we need to swallow our medicine here.

I think we'll be ok for the season, so let's put this one defeat behind us.

I also feel that Dundee Utd just keep on getting it right. For the past four or five years now, they've consistently found players who are either on a par with ours or better, and for less money - Gomis, Goodwillie, Kenneth, Daley etc. They also seem to be well run, well organized and well motivated whenever they play us.

Therefore, credit must be given to the winners. We just just need to find that right combination. We're not far away.

The Old Tolbooth

This will be the two midfielders who between them scored around 20 goals last season.

Novikovas and Stevenson?

The Treasurer

Novikovas and Stevenson?

Skacel and Stevenson.

Novikovas is a winger not a midfielder, hope that clarifies it for you

Skacel and Stevenson.

This is what I don't get about this whole thread. Now, I wasn't there yesterday, but...

Stevenson and Skacel showed last season they can score goals. We needed a goal and people are moaning cos we brought on Rudi????? Eh? Stevenson is a good finished. Arvy makes things happen and will prove to be a great sub for us this season.

This isn't championship manager - players aren't tagged CM, RM, RB etc. Stevo did well up front last year and caused team problems, scoring a few goals into the bargain.

The subs don't seem wrong. That he took so long to make them is surely the problem? No? A problem JJ has always siffered from imo.

The facts are, we have played 3 competitive matches so far, won 0, drawn 2 and lost 1

We need to turn this around quickly, I think someone on another thread mentioned that we haven't won

a game in over 10 matches. Maybe we do need another striker because we certainly seem to be struggling

to find the net.

What frustrates me is that it seems to take JJ an age to see what we can all see during a match. Had me thinking, we have JJ, BB, and GL all in the dugout during a game. Wouldn't it be a good idea for 1 of them to be in the stand where they can actually get a decent view of what is happening on the pitch?

Maybe then it wouldn't have taken 60+ minutes to see we did bugger all down the right side today and that switching Temps over was a good idea. Might also be able to see the lack of movement up front and lack of quality balls going into the box. Mind you, you could be standing in Outer Mongolia and you'd know that punting high balls up front when against Gary Kenneth was a bad idea!!!

I watched Hegarty step out every so often and give a bit of advice to United players. Obviously no idea what it was but they played a very effective tactical game.

I do not know what Billy Brown brings to the party at Hearts but he does not seem to provide tactical advice from the dugout. Nobody wants a gyrating buffoon like Laszlo on the sidelines but surely the coaching staff can coach from there?

The Old Tolbooth

Skacel and Stevenson.

Still a middle of the park player though, even if it is out wide and completely ineffective? By that I mean he's NOT a striker, so we actually didn't have ANY strikers on the park at a time when we desperately NEEDED a goal.

Skacel has had no pre season as there's been uncertainty surrounding his new contract, and Stevenson did ok when he came on, so fair play to the lad for that (I genuinely like Stevo, he's a trier), but we needed a striker on the pitch in a strikers role, someone who would be on the 6 yard line to knock a ball into an empty net should the chance ever arise...........oh, wait :rolleyes:

I watched Hegarty step out every so often and give a bit of advice to United players. Obviously no idea what it was but they played a very effective tactical game.

I do not know what Billy Brown brings to the party at Hearts but he does not seem to provide tactical advice from the dugout. Nobody wants a gyrating buffoon like Laszlo on the sidelines but surely the coaching staff can coach from there?

BB tends to be the tactician and trainer more than JJ.

I too think they're slow to react in games. Our subs rarely get time to influence the game - its a case of they might get one chance to do something by the time they're on. Even last Thurs. Novi could and maybe should have been given 60 mins when Temps wasn't having the best of games. Don't think he got 10 mins.

We actually have a pretty strong bench these days and it should be used more to our advantage.

Archived